Apex Legends | Official Thread of Remembering the Titans

Commissar SFLUFAN

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Interesting read Skillz, thanks for that. 

So pretty much what he misses is definitely what was a huge turn off for me in general, as I found that aspect of the build up to be pretty boring after doing it a few times. That's why I think ultimately I do find some more enjoyment with apex since you don't seem to go AS long until a firefight. 

Like he said tho about how cutthroat they are it isn't about winning really, for me I'm just way to competitive to not get those wins throughout a session. 

I'm at a point where I play as much as I can with games, but I don't have a set 2 or 3 man crew that I can play games like these to their fullest. I log in at odd times during a day based on my work schedule so it's to hard to really lock that stuff down and I'm ok with it, but it's just how it is. 

Overall tho I'm glad they're moving into a more fast paced style as that will always be a better draw for me match to match. And I wish there could be a better loot system that eventually hits BRs as I'd probably be more driven to grind them if it was more than skins. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Interesting read Skillz, thanks for that. 

So pretty much what he misses is definitely what was a huge turn off for me in general, as I found that aspect of the build up to be pretty boring after doing it a few times. That's why I think ultimately I do find some more enjoyment with apex since you don't seem to go AS long until a firefight. 

Like he said tho about how cutthroat they are it isn't about winning really, for me I'm just way to competitive to not get those wins throughout a session. 

I'm at a point where I play as much as I can with games, but I don't have a set 2 or 3 man crew that I can play games like these to their fullest. I log in at odd times during a day based on my work schedule so it's to hard to really lock that stuff down and I'm ok with it, but it's just how it is. 

Overall tho I'm glad they're moving into a more fast paced style as that will always be a better draw for me match to match. And I wish there could be a better loot system that eventually hits BRs as I'd probably be more driven to grind them if it was more than skins. 

Yeah I figured you would be interested in that... you and the author of that article seem to be on complete opposite sides of the spectrum regarding BR games. Have you tried SCUM or Fear the Wolves on PC? Those games are less BR and more survival but they may be more your speed. Vigor on Xbox is a little faster paced as well but is still under development. I love the genre so I play a lot of them... the suspense is part of the appeal for me. BTW glad to have you back if I haven't said so before... 

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I figured you would be interested in that... you and the author of that article seem to be on complete opposite sides of the spectrum regarding BR games. Have you tried SCUM or Fear the Wolves on PC? Those games are less BR and more survival but they may be more your speed. Vigor on Xbox is a little faster paced as well but is still under development. I love the genre so I play a lot of them... the suspense is part of the appeal for me. BTW glad to have you back if I haven't said so before... 

Thanks man, yea it's nice being back on a forum that I can actually keep up with lol resetera got to a point where I couldn't keep up and I got tired of that. 

Well I can definitely take a peek at those, but overall I think I'll just always be more attracted to your battlefields, halo, battlefront etc... Type match based shooters as I find them still really fun but also relaxing. 

Sadly I wish I got more into survival and br type genres, but they just don't ultimately appeal to me. But the thing is I'm always up to try, I never just outright shut a genre or series out, its simply a matter of what sticks. 

So I played for a couple of hours. I found my time with it very difficult. I was playing in a party so it should have been better but in like 15 matches only one of us got 1 kill the whole time. I feel the game really punishes you if you're not like 5 feet within your squad or you'll get murdered.

Also, what are people's controller settings at? I feel like 3 sensitivity is too slow, 5 too fast and 4 not quite there. I'd like to see how I fare on PC but I have no friends who would play it. :/

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I played for a couple of hours. I found my time with it very difficult. I was playing in a party so it should have been better but in like 15 matches only one of us got 1 kill the whole time. I feel the game really punishes you if you're not like 5 feet within your squad or you'll get murdered.

Also, what are people's controller settings at? I feel like 3 sensitivity is too slow, 5 too fast and 4 not quite there. I'd like to see how I fare on PC but I have no friends who would play it. :/

Yea you pretty much need to roll like this 

732?cb=20150715152956

Got to top two squad last night with with my two buddies but as was we were going to the final circle one of my friends fell off a bridge and as we got in the circle we both got bombed. Wish there was a kill cam cuz it looks like we just spontaneously combusted. Was stocked and fully shielded. Game is fun.

Definitely don't recommend playing with randos as from my experience so far they play it like it's a solo queue game :|

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

If anyone ever wondered where the design of the character Bloodhound came from well it was way back during the production of Titanfall 1, here's a photo from a book on TF1 concept art: 

ayvscxh89kf21.jpg 

Also here's some guy's fan art I wish was real. 

XxlfVfV.jpg 

That guy would actually get me to play! Until someone else picked him and I rage quit.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The def star said:

Definitely don't recommend playing with randos as from my experience so far they play it like it's a solo queue game :|

I got a top 3 finish with randos earlier which was a lot better than I was doing in a party. :p

People use their pings pretty well and regularly.

Maybe I just had bad luck :lol: but it was 10 matches in a row where our third person would break off from where the launch master wanted to land. That gets infuriating when the game is squad based. It's also probably cuz it's the first weekend it's out and a lot of new people who are just getting to play the game due to the huge hype around it and don't quite understand the squad and pinging system. This game is gaining a lot of traction.

I have been switching it up with characters. Started off as Mirage then tried Lifeline and gave Bloodhound a go since I bought the founders pack and it came with a skin. Really liking Bloodhound as it helps find people hiding. Started using Caustic. He comes in handy when trying to flush out enemies when they are hold up in a building or the circle is at its smallest.

I find it that you have to get used to using your tactical and ultimate ability as often as needed. When I started I rarely used it and forgot about it now I'm constantly trying to use it to gain an advantage. Especially if you can synergize with your squad. Game is awesome when you win battle and skirmishes because of your team work. It's an awesome game and I never would have said that about BR before :p

I tried the PC version to see if I could get more kills. I definitely got more kills in half the time (1) but when I switched back to the Xbox I was getting a bit better. I probably still only have like 3 kills though I should have more because I did a finisher on at least two people and at the end of the match it said I had one kill.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I tried the PC version to see if I could get more kills. I definitely got more kills in half the time (1) but when I switched back to the Xbox I was getting a bit better. I probably still only have like 3 kills though I should have more because I did a finisher on at least two people and at the end of the match it said I had one kill.

Kills are displayed between different characters and not shared. So if you got 5 kills with Lifeline when you pick Caustic it will show 0 if you haven't got any kills with that character. I think I have a total of 30 kills spread across 5 characters.

30 minutes ago, The def star said:

Kills are displayed between different characters and not shared. So if you got 5 kills with Lifeline when you pick Caustic it will show 0 if you haven't got any kills with that character. I think I have a total of 30 kills spread across 5 characters.

I mean in the same game I did two finishers and got credited for 1 kill.