Apex Legends | Official Thread of Remembering the Titans

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

You and your burst fire weapons lol.  Actually I remember getting that and it wasn't bad at all.  I really liked this scout rifle I found as well but I rarely see it.

Yeah I've been using the wingman.  I tried the pistol that uses shotgun ammo but it doesn't feel like the range on it is particularly good.

Hemlock can have a single shot fire mode as well, you'd love it - it's a super high rate of fire scout rifle in that mode. Deadly. 

Mozambique is the one you're talking about, and it's trash. It is a shotgun, so the range is bad, but it's only good if you dropped in a hot zone and it's the first gun you find. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Hemlock can have a single shot fire mode as well, you'd love it - it's a super high rate of fire scout rifle in that mode. Deadly. 

Mozambique is the one you're talking about, and it's trash. It is a shotgun, so the range is bad, but it's only good if you dropped in a hot zone and it's the first gun you find. 

omg i didnt even know you can alternate fire patterns.

6 minutes ago, The def star said:

Just my luck. The first game I jump in solo with out my friends and my squads quits the game before the jump :|

I've been dropped into the game by myself twice now.  I don't know if its a server glitch or people just quite suddenly before the character select screen.  Just lonely me on the character select screen then the round starts.  Played like 2 hours this morning.  Still loving it.

9 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I've been dropped into the game by myself twice now.  I don't know if its a server glitch or people just quite suddenly before the character select screen.  Just lonely me on the character select screen then the round starts.  Played like 2 hours this morning.  Still loving it.

My team was with me when I was on the ship. Then suddenly I was the jump master and they were gone. Made it to top 2 by myself :lol:

5 hours ago, The def star said:

Just my luck. The first game I jump in solo with out my friends and my squads quits the game before the jump :|

If you're playing with a streamer or someone in a group that got separated they usually quit out because the game messed up and didn't group them. You can't quit till you get to the dropship.

Respawn/EA are out of their damn minds with the price model they have going for items on the store in game. I'm not familiar with items for sale in Fortnite so this is really my first experience with battle royale dlc.  The 2 valentine day items:  "Epic" skin for longbow sniper rifle and a "Legendary" banner, both 1,100 Apex coins each. Total of 2,200 coins. There is an option to buy 2,000 coins +150 bonus coins for $19.99 (total of 2,150) .  But wait, you would be 50 coins short for both valentine day items:lol:.  And wait, $20+ for a single gun skin and a banner that you barely ever see?  Is this shit common in the battle royale arena? Oh and the rate you earn crafting material is insane as well. A Legendary skin costs 1,200 crafting material. I'm level 18 and have 165....

In the grand scheme I'm not offended by this. I'm not going to fall for outrageous skins. You rarely see any of the stuff for it to matter. I've just fallen really hard for this game and love playing it. Seeing those prices though... it's crazy. I'd love to see sales data about how many people are buying the stuff. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Respawn/EA are out of their damn minds with the price model they have going for items on the store in game. I'm not familiar with items for sale in Fortnite so this is really my first experience with battle royale dlc.  The 2 valentine day items:  "Epic" skin for longbow sniper rifle and a "Legendary" banner, both 1,100 Apex coins each. Total of 2,200 coins. There is an option to buy 2,000 coins +150 bonus coins for $19.99 (total of 2,150) .  But wait, you would be 50 coins short for both valentine day items:lol:.  And wait, $20+ for a single gun skin and a banner that you barely ever see?  Is this shit common in the battle royale arena? Oh and the rate you earn crafting material is insane as well. A Legendary skin costs 1,200 crafting material. I'm level 18 and have 165....

In the grand scheme I'm not offended by this. I'm not going to fall for outrageous skins. You rarely see any of the stuff for it to matter. I've just fallen really hard for this game and love playing it. Seeing those prices though... it's crazy. I'd love to see sales data about how many people are buying the stuff. 

I have a feeling those two items are their first tests to see what their prices their audience will take. Fortnites skins are crazy expensive when you stop to think about them - people who have bought five or six skins for their free to play game may have spent more than a regular full price AAA game costs new. But yeah, a gun skin that, like you said, is barely visible is just as expensive as an entire fortnite costume. Think they over shot their mark here. 

10 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

I have a feeling those two items are their first tests to see what their prices their audience will take. Fortnites skins are crazy expensive when you stop to think about them - people who have bought five or six skins for their free to play game may have spent more than a regular full price AAA game costs new. But yeah, a gun skin that, like you said, is barely visible is just as expensive as an entire fortnite costume. Think they over shot their mark here. 

Definitely. This isnt like Call of Duty either. I can't pick the same gun every game so I can look at my expensive gun skin. Spend $10 on a skin that you might see if you find the gun while looting in the game... I don't see the appeal at all. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Yea I personally couldn't ever fathom dropping money on something so insignificant like a skin when you rarely even see them. 

I'm not a fan of the f2p, pay for skins model at all tbh

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not a fan of the f2p, pay for skins model at all tbh

I think this is the best way to do it. It's kind of like DOTA, you get the game for free, no limits on what you can do. Cosmetics are extra and if you want them pay money for them. It doesn't change the game.

Something like LoL on the other hand locks characters away, runes and skins, etc.

Yes I realize there are two characters locked away in Apex but you can earn them with in game currency. :p

Also, I think you have the wrong idea about skins. It's as much for you as it is for others, it's like a status symbol. People see your character with a cool skin and they'll know you're a cool dude just as if you rolled up in a Lamborghini and people would see your car, you can't physically see the outside of your car while you're inside the car. And just like a car if you want to see it from the outside you'll see it before you get in the game or if you're one of the champions you'll see it up on the posters they show all around the map.

39 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think this is the best way to do it. It's kind of like DOTA, you get the game for free, no limits on what you can do. Cosmetics are extra and if you want them pay money for them. It doesn't change the game.

Something like LoL on the other hand locks characters away, runes and skins, etc.

Yes I realize there are two characters locked away in Apex but you can earn them with in game currency. :p

Also, I think you have the wrong idea about skins. It's as much for you as it is for others, it's like a status symbol. People see your character with a cool skin and they'll know you're a cool dude just as if you rolled up in a Lamborghini and people would see your car, you can't physically see the outside of your car while you're inside the car. And just like a car if you want to see it from the outside you'll see it before you get in the game or if you're one of the champions you'll see it up on the posters they show all around the map.

RNkT.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, eggydoo said:

I always thought cosmetics for a FPS game was weird.  Especially when it's a cosmetic for your character you never see.

It's not about you seeing your character. It's for your dead opponent that you are tea bagging watching the kill cam seeing your sweet outfit you paid cold hard cash for :cool:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The def star said:

It's not about you seeing your character. It's for your dead opponent that you are tea bagging watching the kill cam seeing your sweet outfit you paid cold hard cash for :cool:

Assuming I am good enough to even get a kill!  :(

I'm not that bad at it though.

Heres what would really grab me and that is having the loot matter in some way outside of randomization inside a BR. 

So what would excite me is if your loot hunts actually were weapons and armor you'd find to own, deepen the character building experience outside of randomized items In a match. 

And then perhaps have let's say a hardcore battle royale mode where you can go in with your earned loadouts and gear. 

Or even if they also had some added modes like CTF, BTB, TDM etc.. Maybe only 2 or 3 modes where again you could take your gear that you've hunted for and equip how you see fit. Destiny style if you will.

Just because it's a squad against all, or one man against all style doesn't mean they can't explore and deepen the loot aspect, character building. 

But then again hey if that's nothin that player base wants that's fine, but for me I just prefer more depth in loot hunts, character building etc 

If hunting in BR matches for exciting gold weapons and armor meant something in terms of enjoying that gear in other ways, I'd be all over that 

18 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Definitely. This isnt like Call of Duty either. I can't pick the same gun every game so I can look at my expensive gun skin. Spend $10 on a skin that you might see if you find the gun while looting in the game... I don't see the appeal at all. 

Fortnite Skins are anywhere from $5.00 to $20.00.  Most are roughly $8-$15.00.  You can see the billions that Fortnite makes to get an idea of how many people are buying them.  

Apex is very different though, as in Apex you can earn Crates and Crafting Materials just from playing.  The Valentines Day skins not being craftable sucked.  Overwatch uses largely the same Loot Crate/Crafting Model and they allow the seasonal skins to be crafted.  

Most streamers that are showcasing their gameplay on Stream like to have those skins, show them off, let their audience see them.  I've bought a lot of Cosmetics in a lot of game, way more than I ever should, but whatever, I enjoy the games a lot, so it is what it is.

There also is a special 1/500 pack you can get for a "Heirloom" Pack for Wraith, which gives you a Melee weapon that she runs around with instead of being bare fist.  It doesn't do more damage obviously, but looks cool.  

21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But the whole idea of the genre is you start with nothing every time. What you want is a regular game like Black Ops or Titanfall 2 MP. :p

Yep lol it's why I think the genre just doesn't get me ultimately. I like having the feeling of finding something tangible in a game. 

Ultimately it's all good, it just doesn't grab the dudes balls.. If they want the dudes balls they need to change that shit up :fap:

I don't play for a week and suddenly everyone is playing like they have been for years :lol: 

Maybe you all are fairing better, but we might be the first generation that grew up on online games being the first kids who played all the time, and then got too old to do that and has to suffer the younger generation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, legend said:

I don't play for a week and suddenly everyone is playing like they have been for years :lol: 

Maybe you all are fairing better, but we might be the first generation that grew up on online games being the first kids who played all the time, and then got too old to do that and has to suffer the younger generation.

We were the OG gamers. Kids now who are "pros" are in for a rude awakening when our kids grow up. They'll have our superior gaming genes.

6 hours ago, legend said:

My nephew, who I introduced to Fortnite, plays like a goddamned cyborg. Like the kid is so good the whole family watches him play :lol: I keep telling him he should stream because he's really good but I don't think he know how good he actually is.

I just won my first match with randoms in Apex. very fun and tense at the end there.

People still play this? ;) I've already lost interest myself, I tend to with bare boned F2P titles. It was cool for a while but after growing so large in popularity, the lack of modes and now highly toxic community killed it for me. Like many others, Apex sparked my interest into going back to(or trying for the first time) Titanfall 2.