Apex Legends | Official Thread of Remembering the Titans

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm still having fun with this game and I have ZERO kills. Thought I had one earlier, but nope.

Most of the time it seems I point my gun at the enemy(yes the front end) and fire but nothing happens. I don't think the game has much aim assist and I know there is a lot of bullet drop. I'm too used to easy to hit shooters like Destiny. I still love the game and will get better.

I guess I am getting better because I played pretty good even though the two randoms I was with in a game today, who were in a group already, were somewhat harsh to me thinking I stole their gun after they got killed. I might have because I got confused which box was theres. Eh whatever he got another one after complaining that we were going to lose because his precious gun was "taken" by that "asshole teamate".  I did my job and healed them again and again. Stangely I never got downed but if I had they probably would of left me for dead.  But in the end we ended up winning.

I guess selfish players is causing paranoia. People that drop out after not getting what they want. I had that happen, I chose Bloodhound once and the other guy kept hovering his cursor over Bloodhound on and off like he was so mad I chose it first. Then left the game after we landed. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I mean in the same game I did two finishers and got credited for 1 kill.

Cmon you know if you dont knock the guy, yo dont get credit for the kill.

If you do a lot of damage and ur teammate gets the knocking blow it displays on ur screen as an assisted knock, looks like u gotthe knock when you didnt.  Lots of times i think i got akill when i didnt, my damn teammates stole the last few shots to get credit.

So it will be interesting to see what happens to BFV when their BR mode drops. Did EA cannibalize their own game by releasing this? There's no way BF BR mode is going to be more popular than this. :p

The contrast between the Source Engine smoothness of Apex Legends and the Frostbite Engine jankiness of Firestorm will be quite jarring.

• Haha 1

So it will be interesting to see what happens to BFV when their BR mode drops. Did EA cannibalize their own game by releasing this? There's no way BF BR mode is going to be more popular than this. :p

Well BFV isnt free.  At this point all it can do it help BFV though.  I still think it'll be a worthwhile BR cause Battlefield does some some amazing gameeplay.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I know, so it will be less successful by default.

I'm just saying, is anyone going to jump over to that? Will people even bother? Will it be good enough that people won't want to play Apex?

Ya I agree, i doubt people will buy BFV for it with Apex out. Maybe before people wouldve been willing to try it to get someting fresh.  

Could the bad earnings call pushed APEX out sooner than they initially wanted?  Thats why it was so sudden?

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think there is plenty of room for more good BR games. Shooters will always be in competition with each other so I'm not going to argue that there is no cannibalism, but I think concern about Apex torpedoing firestorm would be like worrying about Halo competing with Gears because they're both deathmatch shooters.

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

The contrast between the Source Engine smoothness of Apex Legends and the Frostbite Engine jankiness of Firestorm will be quite jarring.

I figured that Apex was a source game when I started getting horrible rubberbanding and had flashbacks to playing TF2 on DSL.

Last game I played I was put on a squad by myself. It even felt a little comforting not having to worry about my random teammates lol.  Someone else dropped by themselves as well as we were the last 2 in the dropship. Made it pretty far just hanging back and letting everyone weed themselves out. I'm just amazed this game dropped out of no where and I actually love playing it. 

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone have favorite weapons so far?  I've just been using a shotty and any heavy weapon I can find.  I did get two kills one after another with a smg though.

I'm a big fan of the Wingman so far, it's so satisfying to use and the default sight is dope.

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Anyone have favorite weapons so far?  I've just been using a shotty and any heavy weapon I can find.  I did get two kills one after another with a smg though.

Hemlock. It was one of my faves in titanfall. Just wish it wasn't so rare. Wingman is great too, and the Eva shottie. 

Bought some credits so I could get the bamboozler. Never changing, the holos have gotten me out of so many sticky situations, and some kills too. 

7 hours ago, eggydoo said:

I was tearing people up with the one light machine gun, the Spitfire. Love that gun. Also landed a lot of hits on people with the Triple Take sniper rifle. 

I came so close to winning another round last night. My last teammate got dropped, it was just me vs 1 other guy. It ended with us running into a room and blasting each other. He must have scraped by with a sliver of health because I unloaded almost an entire clip of smg ammo into him but I lost :(

5 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Hemlock. It was one of my faves in titanfall. Just wish it wasn't so rare. Wingman is great too, and the Eva 

You and your burst fire weapons lol.  Actually I remember getting that and it wasn't bad at all.  I really liked this scout rifle I found as well but I rarely see it.

Yeah I've been using the wingman.  I tried the pistol that uses shotgun ammo but it doesn't feel like the range on it is particularly good.