Apex Legends | Official Thread of Remembering the Titans

Commissar SFLUFAN

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I hope this game didn't come out INSTEAD OF Titanfall 3 because 2 didn't sell well because EA kind of did that to themselves not pushing Battlefield 1 to a later date. 

According to the linked story that is exactly what happened. 

16 hours ago, Anzo said:

Get some friends ya nerds! ;)

You don't even need friends, playing with randoms is fine in this game. It does a pretty decent job of in game communication, and character chatter that lets you know what is happening with the other players. I played around seven games last night and only was matched with one guy with a mic, and in all the games, people worked together. My second game we won.

9 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

You don't even need friends, playing with randoms is fine in this game. It does a pretty decent job of in game communication, and character chatter that lets you know what is happening with the other players. I played around seven games last night and only was matched with one guy with a mic, and in all the games, people worked together. My second game we won.

Pinging is awesome. Its such an intuitive way to communicate without voice chat. Had all of the random people pinging enemies, armor, ammo. I love it

15 hours ago, atom631 said:

Well i guess we are officially in the age of BR games. This will be one of dozens that come out over the next few years. Until of course the market is completely saturated and beat to death and the community is begging for them to stop. And so forth and so on.....

I play these games occasionally but I just don't see the lasting draw to them like some people. I can play a round or two a week and be satisfied.  I like to feel like I'm completing something or really getting good at a game if I'm going to pour hours into it. Battle royales are just too random/luck of the draw for me to find them really fun and fair. 

Glad to see that Vince said that they are working on more Titanfall later this year. Might not be dead after all.

I know a lot of people are talking about their impressions of the game but can we talk a little bit about the release. I never heard of this game until yesterday and the buzz was that they were revealing a Titanfall BR game mode... to me that meant like a reveal trailer. Come to find out that it was a full F2P game, and after a few hours of people playing, there weren't many issues. The 2 issues that popped up were fixed within 20-30 mins.  A multitude of streamers were streaming this game, it was the talk of the day for most of the "gaming world." I would say that their release was a "success." Now let see if they can keep it going.

8 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Glad to see that Vince said that they are working on more Titanfall later this year. Might not be dead after all.

I know a lot of people are talking about their impressions of the game but can we talk a little bit about the release. I never heard of this game until yesterday and the buzz was that they were revealing a Titanfall BR game mode... to me that meant like a reveal trailer. Come to find out that it was a full F2P game, and after a few hours of people playing, there weren't many issues. The 2 issues that popped up were fixed within 20-30 mins.  A multitude of streamers were streaming this game, it was the talk of the day for most of the "gaming world." I would say that their release was a "success." Now let see if they can keep it going.

I also never heard of the game until yesterday. 

7 hours ago, Nokt said:

Gun placement, however, is abysmal. We jumped into a hot zone and only I found a weapon out of my team. I actually matched with Hysteria (smaller streamer, know him from his Halo days) and he went through 2-3 buildings and couldn't find a gun while our teammate and I died. A couple of other times we'd drop and clean out an area it would be rare that one of us would even have anything besides a pistol/shotgun. Sights are also rare, but I kind of like that.

I had a very similar experience last night. In matches where my crew landed in an empty zone we could all gear up and stood a chance against the enemies we ran into. In matches where I dropped into a busy area I'd end up with a pistol and 20 bullets if I was lucky, and instead of fast-paced tactical gunfights you end up with five or six players in the world's dumbest fist fight cause nobody could find any gear or ammo. 

I assume this will be balanced and tuned in the future, but the ammo economy right now is just absolute garbage. 

Edit - not sure if everyone feels the same, but I felt like loot in general was hard to see until you were right on top of it. Might be exacerbating the issue.

Played about 10 or so matches and I'm sure for those are awesome it's a great genre, I can get some kills but overall this genre of game is totally not my bag. 

I don't like the frantic nature of nature BR all to unfold in most of the time a few second battles where I get ganked. 

Just not for me at all, makes me want to play a real shooter tbh.

No building shit is a nice touch but outside of that I ultimately dislike the genre

I'm not a BR guy either but the fact that this thing plays for the most part like a Titanfall game (movement, shooting, personality) and it's a lot more fast paced than Fortnite and PUBG it's a major improvement. 

Was playing with @Fuhrer D and my nephew and even though we barely would crack the top 10 squad we had a good time. Slowly learning the legends and how to use their abilities, I don't even think I used the ultimates yet. Learning the best places to drop also matters. Rolling as a squad and being able to regenerate teamates makes this a more approachable and tactical BR. We lasted a good while just watching other squads take each other out while we revived and healed our selves :lol: For a F2P game it's pretty fun and I can see myself coming back to this at least for a couple hours a week.

4 hours ago, The def star said:

I'm not a BR guy either but the fact that this thing plays for the most part like a Titanfall game (movement, shooting, personality) and it's a lot more fast paced than Fortnite and PUBG it's a major improvement. 

Was playing with @Fuhrer D and my nephew and even though we barely would crack the top 10 squad we had a good time. Slowly learning the legends and how to use their abilities, I don't even think I used the ultimates yet. Learning the best places to drop also matters. Rolling as a squad and being able to regenerate teamates makes this a more approachable and tactical BR. We lasted a good while just watching other squads take each other out while we revived and healed our selves :lol: For a F2P game it's pretty fun and I can see myself coming back to this at least for a couple hours a week.

I haven't won a game yet but I did make it to the second spot with just two of us. We spawned in as just two players, I was Lifeline and the other was Wraith. We were randoms, didn't say a word to each other but because of the in-game communication features we worked as a team pretty flawlessly up until the end where the circle was at its smallest. I did the healing as best I could(I was the last to get killed though) and the other player used a combination of the portal and void abilities to create a path for us to get out of many sticky situations. It was a damn good time. 

Played one round last night. Got carried by my teammates who both had already played 20+ matches but it was fun. Made it to the number 2 spot. I was really surprised how good the aiming felt for a battle royale game. Felt like Titanfall 2 obviously but felt great. Not like Fortnite where it feels all floaty and frantic. We dropped alone into this big warehouse building and had a hell of a time finding a weapon that wasn't the pistol shotgun. Eventually got suited up but ammo was scarce the entire match. 

Looks like an actual Titanfall game will be coming later this year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-06-turns-out-another-titanfall-game-is-in-the-works

Thankfully, a little more light was shed on the situation by EA head Andrew Wilson in a quarterly earnings call.

"The Respawn team has a strong plan for Apex Legends that will engage fans for a long time to come," Wilson stated.

As the live service evolves, Respawn also plans to launch a premium game this year that is a new twist on the Titanfall universe. More to come on that in the months ahead."

This is a really good BR.  It does so many smart things that I think other BR's may incorporate.  

I also feel like the TTK being a little higher is nice.  Battles feel a bit more drawn out and strategic, with abilities and other things really coming into play.  

I have no idea if it'll have long term legs like some of the other good BR's, but I dont see why not.  Like Fortnite, they are playing in a sci fi space, where they can add anything they want to drastically change the way the game plays.  Any crazy item or weapons are all fair play.  Something PUBG and CoD to an extent are stuck dealing with.  They also can just keep adding more "Legends" to keep it feeling fresh. 

I really look forward to see where this game goes.  Good on Respawn.  And this is another reason why i dont get the BR hate, and the "They are just cashing in on BR".  BR is an amazing concept of a game mode that can be taken to so many different places with so much variety.  Each one is so unique in how they play, and I love we are getting more and more of them.

*And its nice to have a game release like this.  So many games these days.... ahem Anthem and Division..... we get so many damn game previews and dev talks and blah blah blah that you kind of get fatigued on the game.  Its nice to have a game announced and then release and just let everyone play it.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Why in these games does it seem like I can get the drop on someone and unload into them all for them to turn and kill me instantly? 

The guns sound amazing tho, I will give it that. 

They're probably wearing better armor. When you shoot them the color of the damage numbers represent what grade of armor they have on.