CBS ALL ACCESS Finally has given me a reason to subscribe

3 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Yup, this may be the show that makes me pull the trigger as well. Huge fan of this series.

I fall asleep to the Twilight Zone almost every night... When I was a kid, I used to fall asleep waiting for my mom to come home from work. The Twilight Zone used to be the last thing I would remember before going to sleep.

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

I hold the opinion that the original twilight zone is the most timeless television show that will ever exist, it was great 60 years ago, and most of them are still great today. Find me any other show that holds up nearly as well. 

Seinfeld/Frasier have aged terrifically, with only a couple things that make less sense like how to make a phone call in the final episode. But even then, technology doesn't age something for me or else I'd be lost during period pieces.

All in the Family has aged very well, too.

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

I hold the opinion that the original twilight zone is the most timeless television show that will ever exist, it was great 60 years ago, and most of them are still great today. Find me any other show that holds up nearly as well. 

Agreed... you can tell that a lot of modern TV shows and movies were inspired by Twilight Zone episodes and in some cases, the show even predicted certain things that are happening politically and socially.  On another note, I edited a buddy of mine's thesis film that was inspired by the Twilight Zone back in the day. He spent a shit ton of money on it :p

25 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Seinfeld/Frasier have aged terrifically, with only a couple things that make less sense like how to make a phone call in the final episode. But even then, technology doesn't age something for me or else I'd be lost during period pieces.

All in the Family has aged very well, too.

Frasier has only “aged terrifically” if you can suspend disbelief long enough to believe that most women want to fuck mid-90’s Kelsey Grammer, which is a hard ask in these trying times. :p 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Frasier has only “aged terrifically” if you can suspend disbelief long enough to believe that most women want to fuck mid-90’s Kelsey Grammer, which is a hard ask in these trying times. :p 

Haha.

It's a great show, okay? And it usually ends in failure for Frasier. :p 

16 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I fall asleep to the Twilight Zone almost every night... When I was a kid, I used to fall asleep waiting for my mom to come home from work. The Twilight Zone used to be the last thing I would remember before going to sleep.

I still watch them now on Netflix and even got my son loving the show. 

6 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I still watch them now on Netflix and even got my son loving the show. 

I own the complete series on DVD and the companion book that breaks down each episode... I'm a true "Zonie" lol

For those that have it, is there anything else worth watching on CBS All Acess? I'll check out the Star Trek show and that real life fairy tale show looked kinda interesting.

On 2/3/2019 at 8:46 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

What a coincidence.

I feel like I wake up to the Twilight Zone every morning for the past two years.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

On one hand, I really really want to watch this show.  On the other hand, I really really don't want to have to subscribe to yet another streaming service.

There's like 1, maybe 2 shows on each streaming service I'm interested in.  If I got them all it'd be more than a basic cable TV bill.  

1 hour ago, Slug said:

On one hand, I really really want to watch this show.  On the other hand, I really really don't want to have to subscribe to yet another streaming service.

There's like 1, maybe 2 shows on each streaming service I'm interested in.  If I got them all it'd be more than a basic cable TV bill.  

all access runs free months pretty frequently. You can just wait till they release the full season and then binge 

I don't think there is a schedule really posted but I would check on their website every once and awhile and you will see their offers. It looks like they are doing a free week right now which would probably be enough to get through a season of the twilight zone, I'm reading that this season will only be 10 episodes. 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

They’re usually easy enough to cancel and pick back up whenever. I kinda cycle through, rarely paying for more than one or two at a time. Then, sometimes they’ll send you offers to come back for a free month or something.

• 1 month later...

Thankfully we Canadians will have this for free on CityTV with the first 2 episodes debuting here tomorrow (thurs) starting at 9. I also believe the show will also be on Space network as well. Could use Windscribe to use a Canadian server and stream for free on one of the above sites, and save yourself some money. Space also has the new Star Trek series on there too.

• 1 month later...

I've watched the first 5 episodes, I am extremely sad to report they a highly disappointing. The show is absurdly on the nose with everything. The production values are great, acting in generally good it is the scripts that are the main issue.

My mom is a huge fan of the classic series and can’t get into these new ones. Her big issue and I agree with it, make them a half hour show. The plot just seems to drag forever in that hour timeframe and I think midway through. We know what and where these stories are heading too. Maybe they will take that to heart and change it up with the 2nd season being green lit