Xbox live on Nintendo Switch

number305

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It probably will. If you use windows 10 it shows any game you play as XBL status even if it’s not on Xbox

Yeah that trough me off at first when I would see Star Craft 2 or something on Steam showing up. Had me searching the store looking for games that weren't on the Xbox store.

Not going to happen. Micrsoft would kill Nintendo in a partnership. Microsoft has a track record of destroying their partner and being able to survive the crash leaving the other company holding the bag and at times then getting bought by Microsoft when they are that vulnerable.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, Rodimus said:

Not going to happen. Micrsoft would kill Nintendo in a partnership. Microsoft has a track record of destroying their partner and being able to survive the crash leaving the other company holding the bag and at times then getting bought by Microsoft when they are that vulnerable.

I'd be all for Nintendo paying Microsoft to use Xbox Live for its online service. A strictly financial partnership wouldn't be bad at all.

6 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

I think I would rather have PSN on my Switch instead of XBL. I could shareplay swtich games with friends. There is no way Nintendo will do either. Not a single chance. 

Not sure I understand what you are saying.  Xbox live is coming to Nintendo Switch.  It was officially announced yesterday... so saying there isn't a chance it will happen seems odd.

20 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

“Shareplay?” 

Yeah shareplay. I can play games with my friends that they don't own. I can stream the game to them and they can watch, take over or be player 2. Even if the game doesn't have online co-op just couch co-op. I played most of Guacamelee this way. I had a hard time convincing friends to buy the game but not a hard to for them to play with me. Really  cool feature on PSN.

3 minutes ago, number305 said:

Not sure I understand what you are saying.  Xbox live is coming to Nintendo Switch.  It was officially announced yesterday... so saying there isn't a chance it will happen seems odd.

Crossplay is not new. It looks like they are trying to do more with Mincraft and acheivements. I think if you want to chat with friends online it will be the same on the Switch in that you use an app on your phone to chat online with friends.

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

Yeah shareplay. I can play games with my friends that they don't own. I can stream the game to them and they can watch, take over or be player 2. Even if the game doesn't have online co-op just couch co-op. I played most of Guacamelee this way. I had a hard time convincing friends to buy the game but not a hard to for them to play with me. Really  cool feature on PSN.

Oh, that’s neat! And actually, there is *something* like that on Switch...specifically, Nintendo Switch Online: Nintendo Entertainment System. Play online together, swap controllers, even just watch the other person play. Only works with the NES games offered, of course. Though obviously NOT the same as Shareplay, a lot of the features are similar. So it’s not entirely out of the question for Nintendo to have their own Shareplay feature in the future. (however unlikely) 

Pretty sweet, though. Not sure how often I’d use it, but it’d be neat to have...y’know, just in case! :D 

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh, that’s neat! And actually, there is *something* like that on Switch...specifically, Nintendo Switch Online: Nintendo Entertainment System. Play online together, swap controllers, even just watch the other person play. Only works with the NES games offered, of course. Though obviously NOT the same as Shareplay, a lot of the features are similar. So it’s not entirely out of the question for Nintendo to have their own Shareplay feature in the future. (however unlikely) 

Pretty sweet, though. Not sure how often I’d use it, but it’d be neat to have...y’know, just in case! :D 

I noticed that on the nes games on the Switch.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

It is neet on the NES app on the Switch. I wish that was a system wide feature. I know shareplay has been fun for me playing games I know my friends wouldn't buy but will play with me.