Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

I am in a hospital ER on Super Bowl Sunday - AMA

Just now, kittykat said:

Have you ever been to Canada? If so, where?

Toronto, Vancouver/Victoria, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Toronto, Vancouver/Victoria, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City.

It’s not Vancouver/Victoria you racist. Two very different cities. Very separate. ONE IS ON AN ISLAND. 

OK, new plan! Can you find this room? Sure, its colorful but it appears to have a big flat screen TV! Its apparently in the "Child services" area, but are we not all kids at heart?

Related image

17 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm not hungry yet.

Remember, delivery takes a bit of time. 

32 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

This shot is apparently from that very hospital, can you please track and kill this bunny?

Related image

30 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Just beautiful!

Image result for Inova Alexandria Hospital

I can absolutely confirm that this is where I am.

I've asked the ER admitting nurse about the bunny and he's given me a funny look.

30 minutes ago, kittykat said:

It’s not Vancouver/Victoria you racist. Two very different cities. Very separate. ONE IS ON AN ISLAND. 

Yes I am very much aware that Vancouver and Victoria are not the same, however I decided to combine for purposes of posting.

28 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

OK, new plan! Can you find this room? Sure, its colorful but it appears to have a big flat screen TV! Its apparently in the "Child services" area, but are we not all kids at heart?

Related image

Security will  not let me into that area.

7 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Yes I am very much aware that Vancouver and Victoria are not the same, however I decided to combine for purposes of posting.

That makes absolutely no fucking sense. Do you like not making sense?!!!?!?!!?!?!!?!!?!!!!!!? 

Well, that was an utterly useless infuriating exercise that is pretty much representative of the entire American health care system.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Well, that was an utterly useless infuriating exercise that is pretty much representative of the entire American health care system.

What happened? 

Also entire hospitals should look like the kids area. They’re so fucking plain and boring. 

21 minutes ago, johnny said:

What happened? 

Also entire hospitals should look like the kids area. They’re so fucking plain and boring. 

The first doctor she spoke to said that she's been experiencing anxiety which her response was "Of course, I know am!" and she started to get very agitated/started to cry.  They finally brought in the on-call psychiatrist who evaluated her through a monitor.  She said that they had a good conversation and the psychiatrist confirmed that she very much is suffering from PTSD.  However, they cannot prescribe medications from that hospital and she has to go to the Inova Psychiatric Assessment Center to obtain the prescription, which is an entirely separate facility in another town.

Needless to say, this has only ADDED to her anxiety and totally distraught mood.  She's going to try to get the hospital to reduce/waive the bill for this visit as absolutely no real help was provided at all.  When she told me all of this, I basically started to cry as well.

Imagine going to a restaurant and placing an order and hours later saying they don't serve that here and then ask you to pay for the meal you never received 

Imagine ordering delivery and having them show up to your house to say that don't have that food and then charge you for the delivery

When you get home you going to try and finally hit it tonight?

Obviously I’m kidding. Sounds like you’re a good friend to her. Glad she doesn’t have to go through this alone. Hope you you both get to enjoy the Super Bowl tonight. 

27 minutes ago, Biggie said:

When you get home you going to try and finally hit it tonight?

Wade is homosexual.

They gave her one pill of Ativan split into two halves to treat her immediate anxiety so she's taken one half and is about to fall asleep.

We're going to the psychiatric center first thing in the morning to get her the prescription for Prozac.  This has been one incredibly infuriating day.

Just now, johnny said:

What would your reaction be if dan Snyder sold the redskins 

I seriously wouldn't give a damn because I'm a Dolphins fan.

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I seriously wouldn't give a damn because I'm a Dolphins fan.

You take pleasure in the skins failures 

Just now, johnny said:

You take pleasure in the skins failures 

Yeah, I guess I do.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Will you get something for your bloody hands?

Answer this. I meant to ask earlier but forgot. 

1 minute ago, kittykat said:

Answer this. I meant to ask earlier but forgot. 

I've been using some moisturizer so that's helped.

7 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I've been using some moisturizer so that's helped.

Which one?

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

What was the lesson of yesterday and do you feel the lesson of today will be? 

The lesson of yesterday was that the American mental health care system is a byzantine mess and I feel that today's lesson will be maybe to do research first as I think this is the place we should've been at from the start.

43 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The lesson of yesterday was that the American mental health care system is a byzantine mess and I feel that today's lesson will be maybe to do research first as I think this is the place we should've been at from the start.

It certainly didn't help that this happened not just on a weekend but on Super Bowl Sunday of all days.

If her treatment plan winds up being mostly pills and not really involving talk therapy, once the psychiatrist nails down a good treatment plan there's no need to keep paying to see a psychiatrist, she can transfer everything over to an internist at that point. They generally don't like to start psychiatric treatment plans but it's become pretty routine for them to take over managing writing the prescription(s) and making sure everything is still working as intended once the treatment plan is established.

Or if she wants talk therapy but wants it from a psychologist (can't write prescriptions) not a psychiatrist (can write prescriptions and often tend to to want to just do that instead of doing talk therapy), she can have the internist manage the meds while seeing the psychologist for the therapy.

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Something I picked up at CVS Pharmacy

What’s it called dude? Jesus fucking Christ!!!!!