Update - Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning, Part 2 delayed by a year until 23 May 2025

https://screenrant.com/mission-impossible-7-8-release-dates/

As shared by Variety, Paramount Pictures has now given official release dates to the next two films. Mission: Impossible 7 will hit theaters on July 23, 2021, while Mission: Impossible 8 will be released on August 5, 2022. Cameras could start rolling as soon as the end of 2019 with release years already planned, though no other details about either of the two films has been revealed.

• Sicko 1

• 3 years later...
Mission-Impossible-Ghost-Protocol.jpg?w=
T.CO

Tom Cruise's seventh "Mission: Impossible" movie is scheduled to open in theaters on July 14, 2023.

Mission: Impossible 7 to be titled Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

Directed by Christopher McQuarrie (MI Rogue Nation, MI Fallout), coming to theaters July 14, 2023 (sequel coming June 28, 2024)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It was pretty cool with a lot of Cruise running and high speed chases. Someone on Reddit kept a copy which you can easily download and watch. Heck I have a copy on my iPad right now and just watched again, and best way to describe it is

Spoiler

a QAnon wet dream about secret cabal government plotting global control by first eliminating Hunt and the Impossible Mission force.

For as much as I like the Mission Impossible movies, I think they'd be better if they were a bit less serious and a bit more "fun." I feel like there's some fertile ground somewhere between the really goofy Roger Moore style Bond and the "serious" Craig Bond, and in my head Mission Impossible would thrive in that gap.

As an excuse to see a sexagenarian risk his life by yeeting himself off increasingly improbable surfaces or vehicles, the movies absolutely deliver. I just wish that there was a single, memorable story beat in literally any of them.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

For as much as I like the Mission Impossible movies, I think they'd be better if they were a bit less serious and a bit more "fun." I feel like there's some fertile ground somewhere between the really goofy Roger Moore style Bond and the "serious" Craig Bond, and in my head Mission Impossible would thrive in that gap.

As an excuse to see a sexagenarian risk his life by yeeting himself off increasingly improbable surfaces or vehicles, the movies absolutely deliver. I just wish that there was a single, memorable story beat in literally any of them.

I feel like they do live in that gap really well tbh. While the characters treat the narrative seriously, the stories are usually some pulpy world-ending scenario. An appropriate amount of humor usually balances out any dramatic moments. If anything I think they definitely live on the more "fun" side of the spectrum.

In regards to the trailer itself:

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

On 5/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, GeneticBlueprint said:

I feel like they do live in that gap really well tbh. While the characters treat the narrative seriously, the stories are usually some pulpy world-ending scenario. An appropriate amount of humor usually balances out any dramatic moments. If anything I think they definitely live on the more "fun" side of the spectrum.

Agreed. I just rewatched the last 3 movies because this trailer got me so hyped. Rogue Nation in particular is really goofy for most of its runtime. The slick, Bond-like opera scene features three different people assembling disguised guns. In the big underwater sequence, he's got a literal video game life bar displayed on his wrist. And the ridiculously convoluted reason they have to do that in the first place is to trick a security camera that measures how you walk! Can't trick that with a mask! During the car chase scene, Hunt is so disoriented he can barely walk because he was legally dead thirty seconds ago, but of course it all works out, even after the car flips like 20 times (seatbelts save lives, kids).  The main henchman is called The Bone Doctor! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Luckily, you have plenty of time to catch up! They’re all worth watching. Well… you can skip 2. 

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Nah don't even skip 2. The cheesiness has its charm these days.

I'll compromise and swap MI:2 with F&F: Tokyo Drift