Jump to content
~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Jason

~*Official "What the hell, Commonwealth of Virginia?" Thread*~

Recommended Posts

I wonder if there's a way that we can get Larry Hogan to be "dual-hatted" for a couple of years? :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

So this is how it's gonna work:

 

@Anathema-, you, and I are gonna take turns being governor, lieutenant governor, and AG on a rotating weekly basis.

You two can fight over who gets to tear up the Amazon deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Apparently 3 more allegations coming soon.

 

So Fairfax will be gone, and Northam will appoint his replacement. Imagine the lobbying behind the scenes for that job, considering you could be governor very shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

EXACTLY!

 

And we all know how well that worked out last time someone tried it!

 

So who's who in this scenario? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You two can fight over who gets to tear up the Amazon deal

Oh, we're not just going to do that.

 

We're gonna publicly :guillotine:the officials who negotiated it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

Apparently 3 more allegations coming soon.

 

So Fairfax will be gone, and Northam will appoint his replacement. Imagine the lobbying behind the scenes for that job, considering you could be governor very shortly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

 

Apparently 3 more allegations coming soon.

 

So Fairfax will be gone, and Northam will appoint his replacement. Imagine the lobbying behind the scenes for that job, considering you could be governor very shortly.

If Fairfax is gone, say hello to Lt. Governor Levar Stoney (unless there's a well regarded black woman in state politics I don't know of)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Remember the time I ran into Professor West at Reagan National airport and asked him to join D1P?!?

 

:guillotine:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

 

:guillotine:

Whatever.

 

The airport should never have had his name on it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the black dude is the one that has to take it to the face. Maybe the other two can get out their old black face kits and have a party as Fairfax packs up his office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

What's wrong with him?

Glenn Loury and John  McWhorter are far better at elaborating the problems with TNC’s views than I am. 

How familiar are you with his work? 

 

Dont get me wrong, I think he makes a great deal of good arguments.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The airport should never have had his name on it anyway.

 

that's the entire reason I'm :guillotine:ing you doe

 

National or DCA, no "Reagan National" bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Honestly you really have to take West's opinions with a grain of salt because a lot of his problems with Coates lie in the fact that Coates praises Obama and West hates Obama largely for personal reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Glenn Loury and John  McWhorter are far better at elaborating the problems with TNC’s views than I am. 

How familiar are you with his work? 

 

Dont get me wrong, I think he makes a great deal of good arguments.  

I subscribe to The Atlantic, so I've read his stuff there, including the article mentioned in this thread, which was so long ago, I didn't realize he wrote it until I read it in this thread. :p 

 

Between the World and Me is on my reading list. I haven't really had any issues with him so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Honestly you really have to take West's opinions with a grain of salt because a lot of his problems with Coates lie in the fact that Coates praises Obama and West hates Obama largely for personal reasons.

 

What personal reasons do you think West has for hating Obama?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

 

What personal reasons do you think West has for hating Obama?

He felt snubbed by Obama for some event and has held it against him since... it's pretty well known and others have taken him to task for it.  Same with Tavis Smiley.

just one of the article talking about the issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He felt snubbed by Obama for some event and has held it against him since... it's pretty well known and others have taken him to task for it.  Same with Tavis Smiley.

just one of the article talking about the issue

 

Thanks. I can certainly understand that POV, but it feels like a “why not both?” issue. It seems clear that West dislikes Obama from a policy perspective, but he fuels his rhetoric about Obama with his personal distaste for the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Northam isn't going anywhere, and really he shouldn't unless theres a lot more out there of him doing stupid racist things.

Oh wow - those numbers from African-Americans really give him all the cover he needs to remain in office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Oh wow - those numbers from African-Americans really give him all the cover he needs to remain in office.

 

It wouldn't shock me if there's a calculation that Northam is better than taking the risk of making it to the House of Delegates speaker becoming governor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

It wouldn't shock me if there's a calculation that Northam is better than taking the risk of making it to the House of Delegates speaker becoming governor. 

 

I think it may be simpler than that: racism in the past (and present) of a 60 year old white old south politician is already baked in to the share price of Northam amongst black voters. They expect that folks of his vintage have such skeletons in their closet already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

I feel like we need a "racist GOP with no call out from the state or national parties" thread cause:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×