I'm pretty sure Trump threw Fredo under the bus last night.

Much was made of Donald Trump Jr.‘s phone calls with blocked numbers before and after the 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian lawyer, particularly because it was thought that those phone calls may have been with then-candidate Donald Trump. It was revealed on Thursday that those phone calls actually involved NASCAR CEO Brian France and real estate developer/long-time Trump ally Howard Lorber, leading the president to declare that the meeting with Russians for “dirt” on Hillary Clinton was “innocent” after all.

Questions are swirling about Lorber now that his “deep Russia ties” and past exploration of a Moscow Trump Tower with Trump are being examined more closely. This history about a Moscow Trump Tower is notable when you consider that Special Counsel Robert Mueller has gotten a guilty plea out of ex-Trump attorney Michael Cohen for lying to Congress about a more recent iteration of the “Moscow Project” for Trump’s benefit — the benefit being that the president’s statements about his business dealings with Russia would not be contradicted and harm his campaign for president.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/investor-with-blocked-number-trump-jr-spoke-with-explored-moscow-tower-with-trump-more-than-20-years-ago/

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

How so?

By making a big deal about the reporting that he wasn't the one Jr. contacted he is implicitly acknowledging that it would have been significant(a nicer word for incriminating, perhaps) if he had been contacted.

Put simply, if it is a "big win" for confirmation that Donald wasn't involved, what does that mean for Don Jr. who was up to his eyeballs in it?

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

Almost no chance trump doesn’t seriously try to throw jr under the bus and almost no chance jr doesn’t retaliate. 

If I what I posted in the OP wasn't Trump throwing Fredo under the bus it was at bare minimum Trump making up his mind that he's going to try to do it.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

If I what I posted in the OP wasn't Trump throwing Fredo under the bus it was at bare minimum Trump making up his mind that he's going to try to do it.

It’s inadvertent now but the man clearly has no respect for jr, it’s just a  matter of time.