Sony patent filed for BC of PS1,PS2,PS3 and PS4 on PS5

Rodimus

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

If they have complete BC and I can use my PSVR on the PS5 I will be in day one <3

I have a feeling PSVR will definitely be compatible. It would be REALLY strange to have a system like VR, which sold better than expected but isn't some huge thing and needs to sell 5+ million to attract AAA developers (from a recent Sony meeting) to start over with a different VR.

BC has mostly not been great. The Xbone and enhanced BC titles changed that for me. I’ve played through more of my BC titles since getting the X than all other consoles combined.

I can understand why people are skeptical if they haven’t experienced what MS has been doing this last year. 

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I have a feeling PSVR will definitely be compatible. It would be REALLY strange to have a system like VR, which sold better than expected but isn't some huge thing and needs to sell 5+ million to attract AAA developers (from a recent Sony meeting) to start over with a different VR.

Two ways to think about that.  Your way is better for consumers.  Another thought would be... wow that sold better than expected, we could probably get them to all buy it again with V 2.0.  Which way do you honestly think Sony would lean?

5 minutes ago, number305 said:

Two ways to think about that.  Your way is better for consumers.  Another thought would be... wow that sold better than expected, we could probably get them to all buy it again with V 2.0.  Which way do you honestly think Sony would lean?

I think the console manufacturers have now seen that you can sell a premium experience while still supporting the base experience.

I would expect PSVR to work on PS5, while also seeing a higher resolution VR headset release.

1 hour ago, number305 said:

I honestly expect PSVR to be compatible and for people here who think otherwise to be wrong but hope people forgot that they said that like all their bad predictions before last gen. :p 

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I honestly expect PSVR to be compatible and for people here who think otherwise to be wrong but hope people forgot that they said that like all their bad predictions before last gen. :p 

No one here knows anything for sure about next gen.  It's all guesses.  I don't even have a guess on this subject, I just don't think Sony has a great track record of being consumer friendly.  

But feel free to bookmark my comments and have a victory parade if sony makes the psvr BC.  

11 minutes ago, number305 said:

No one here knows anything for sure about next gen.  It's all guesses.  I don't even have a guess on this subject, I just don't think Sony has a great track record of being consumer friendly.  

But feel free to bookmark my comments and have a victory parade if sony makes the psvr BC.  

That would be ignoring how this is the first gen where BC wasn't a thing for them, or the fact that they were doing crossplay before anybody; it just wasn't with consoles. If I listened to this board, casuals who have flocked to the Xbox because of CoD, the PS4 would have been $500, the PS4's early sales were just excitement over a new console and consoles as a whole will lag really bad soon, and MS would have moneyhatted everything and had more exclusive games. You clearly have a hunch, so if you want me to. :p 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 2:40 PM, sblfilms said:

I think the console manufacturers have now seen that you can sell a premium experience while still supporting the base experience.

I would expect PSVR to work on PS5, while also seeing a higher resolution VR headset release.

That is what I would like PSVR to work at launch with their being a PSVR Pro maybe the following year.