Hobbs & Shaw Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

On 2/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, CitizenVectron said:

After the one (I can't even remember the numbering) where The Rock picks up the 1,000 lb gattling gun and Vin Diesel picks up the 2,000 lb concrete slab, I fully believed that the next logical step was simply to introduce superpowers into the series. And don't even explain it. Just have there be a scene where Vin Diesel is impaled by something and have him pull it out and have the flesh regrow. Or have the Rock pick up a car and throw it. Just embrace the ridiculousness and run with it, people would totally accept it. I mean, they are obviously going to reach point where they are driving Ferraris on the moon anyway.

We'll finally have a Cruisin' World movie!

Its interesting seeing a lot of the reactions on the trailer.... many say they've gone too far by delving into super powered villains etc.. its a "violation" of what Fast and Furious is supposed to be..

I always felt that "too far" happened at Fast 6.... H & S looks generic but maybe Rock and Statham have the pure charisma to carry this, the studio seems to be banking on it just based on the lazy title

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Slug said:

In 18 years we've gone from, "I'm a cop investigating underground street racing" to "we're fighting cybernetically enhanced super soldiers".  Good times.

technically I don't he wasn't really investigating street racing, he was investigation big rig robberies with the belief that those carrying out the robberies belonged to the underground street racing scene. :nerd:

4 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

technically I don't he wasn't really investigating street racing, he was investigation big rig robberies with the belief that those carrying out the robberies belonged to the underground street racing scene. :nerd:

Oh, my bad. :P