Crackdown 3 - Information Thread, update: multiple reviews posted (OpenCritic average - 62%)

Commissar SFLUFAN

21 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

At some point, I think Microsoft resigned the idea of Crackdown 3 being a big box success.  Retail sales of this game clearly aren't a priority.

Honestly I think retail sales are not a priority for MS at all anymore.  Even outside of video games look at all of MS business from the enterprise level to home users and now to games.  Microsoft is interested in getting people into a subscription model.  That is their push company wide and they are less and less concerned about the hardware it is running on too.

My guess is that game pass may show up on "other" devices (other than PC where it already exists) in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

Arthur Gies claimed to have finished the campaign in ~6 hours.

Makes sense.

Also, I thought I've been thorough with orb searching but there are so many...

"Agility Orbs: There are 750 Agility Orbs to find in Crackdown 3"

7 hours ago, AndyD said:

I'm having fun with the game.  Doesn't seem like a very long game at that too.  I have already cleared about half the map (not including races) and collected about 200orbs - in 4 hours

7 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Arthur Gies claimed to have finished the campaign in ~6 hours.

I feel if you did the bare minimum and played on easy you could complete it that quickly. I played that long and am not even close.

Getting orbs is going to take a lot of time to do as well, as well as the side shit.

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I feel if you did the bare minimum and played on easy you could complete it that quickly. I played that long and am not even close.

Getting orbs is going to take a lot of time to do as well, as well as the side shit.

I'm playing one difficulty from the hardest. Agree that getting all orbs will take time

I beat my first boss yesterday and had so much fun jumping around and using my jets to dodge. Game is the epitome of an arcade action game and for the reviewers that complained about the story or lack there of? Who gives a shit? Complaining about the story in Crackdown is like complaining about the story in Double Dragon or Super Mario Bros. :lol: If you're playing Crackdown for the story... you're doing it wrong. The quips from that Agency dude are hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...

So there's a 9 gig patch today, here's what it is

Campaign:
Crime Map Updated
Now any District that you have completed 100% will turn blue on the Crime Map!  100% means completing all objectives and side missions, getting a Gold medal on all Rooftop and Road Races, destroying all Monkey Moonshine Kiosks, and collecting all Agility and Hidden Orbs.

Boss Fight Balance Updates
We’ve heard feedback from lots of you that the Ngata and Niemand boss fights are much too difficult on Super Agent and Legendary—and we agree.  So we’ve made the following changes:
The Ngata fight has been rebalanced on all difficulty levels by adjusting the spawn waves and limiting the snipers with Omni Rifles to the upper platforms.
The Niemand fight has been rebalanced on all difficulty levels by adjusting the spawn waves and limiting number of Hades units to 4, along with reducing their projectile damage globally/throughout the game

PC Improvements:
Hitching on PC with some graphics cards has been improved.

Game Improvements:
Added the ability to delete World Saves while in Co-Op.
Added the ability to disable damage numbers in gameplay.
Added checkpoints and player camera improvements to the Science Center.

Other Bug Fixes and Improvements:
Reduced the number of Industry drones that attack the player during a level 3 Escalation.
Fixed an issue where Industry Drones could fire from a range farther than their threat Icon would render on the HUD.
Increased the impulse on the Anubis weapon.
Adjusted camera shake on most weapons.
Adjusted the damage curve for the Pulse Beam weapon.
Reduced repetition of some lines of dialog.
Fixed an issue where only one player would hear Khan’s dialog in a co-op boss fight.
Fixed an issue where AI would sometimes get stuck inside their spawn door.
Fixed an issue where elevators would stop working when jammed by an object.
Fixed an issue where vehicles could get stuck in geometry in certain areas of the map.
Fixed an issue where AI would slide on the ground when existing vehicles.
Fixed an issue where a player carrying an object could get stuck in geometry.
Multiple audio and haptics feedback improvements throughout the game.

Wrecking Zone:
Hitching on PC with some graphics cards has been improved.
Accessibility options have been improved, specifically Text To Speech.
Several other bug fixes and improvements have been made.
Party Support continues to be worked on! It’s not in this patch, but don’t worry – it will be coming!

I'm done with the game...

1) There is definitely a draw distance issue with orbs. I finished with close to 700 orbs combined. I have 0 desire to get the rest because of the draw distance issue

2) The map is annoying - you may not see an icon unless you zoom further in which is preventing me from finding some spots for running

3) Ngata boss fight definitely needed rebalancing. Everything else was so much easier in comparison. I cheated my way through that boss - there is a spot above the area that you can shoot from and never get hit - that + ammo regeneration grenade ... no prob