Silent Hill is 20 years old today

SaysWho?

I remeber playing this on the orignal PlayStatoin. I even remember playing it through my mac with its video inputs. Yeah I could capture video. It was cool. I used it as a second display. So I was playing it while a friend was playing a different single player game on the N64 on my TV. There was some lag but still I could get through it. Then I later played it on my mac via emulator.

I know it's cliche as fuck but man, I remember this like yesterday. 

My friend and I were both Horror fans, had played Resident Evil together and expected this to be basically Resident Evil Light based on reviews. We were definitely not prepared for how sinister this turned out to be. 

On top of that, I was most certainly not prepared for the sequel once again. 

• 3 months later...

I played through half of Silent Hill maybe 7 or 8 years ago (with the help of a guide) and it was still pretty playable, maybe not from a gameplay perspective but the tone and story held up. I haven't played any of the other games, bar the odd go and feel I really should going by my love for horror in general. It's a shame the HD ports of 2&3 are reportedly terrible and Shattered Memories is quite expensive. 

Here's hoping Konami start to lose money so start getting on the remaster bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

Here's hoping Konami start to lose money so start getting on the remaster bandwagon. 

Japanese conglomerate Konami Corp reported revenue of approximately JPY262.5 billion (US$2.39 billion) for the 12 months ended March 31, 2019, up 9.6 percent from the previous year. The company said the improvement in its results was due to a strong performance in most of its divisions, including the gaming and systems segment.

Group-wide net income for the period jumped 12.1 percent year-on-year to nearly JPY34.2 billion, according to a Thursday press release.

The group’s gaming and systems division reported net revenue of approximately JPY31.2 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, up 5.2 percent in comparison with the previous year. Segment profit rose by 8.2 percent year-on-year to just above JPY4.7 billion, the group said in its release.

“The sales of the latest cabinet in the Concerto series, including Concerto Crescent and Concerto Stack, as well as Concerto Opus … continued to perform strongly,” said the company.

Konami said that during the reporting period it had “enhanced” its product range by introducing a new upright cabinet, called KX 43. “We also promoted market revitalisation by providing new entertainment with the installation of Fortune Cup mainly in the North America and Asia,” it added.

http://www.ggrasia.com/konami-annual-profit-up-as-slot-division-biz-grows/

Not happening anytime soon!

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Play 3 and 4, then stop.

Actually I just remembered that I played Shattered Memories like, years and years ago, and liked it. I had nothing to compare it to at the time, however. I'm kinda curious to try it out again sometime, to see how different it is from the original.

22 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You’re lucky someone mentioned to save your account otherwise it would have been lost in the wind :p 

Was that somebody you? :p lol

Well, either way, I guess it's cool that I'm not starting from scratch, even if all my posts have been lost now... including my transition timeline, lol