16 Star Wars games under LucasArts in a 4 year span, 2 from EA in same time frame

The Dude

8hVhlx.jpg

Caught this the other day and it really hit home to see how truly bad it is for Star Wars and gaming. It felt like all those games were spread over many more years but seeing it in a little capture like this is so eye opening. 

And the thing about it all is that these games were great games for the most part. Kotor, Battlefronts, Jedi Academy alone were such fun titles. It's not like in a 4 year stretch we got a bunch of shit, they were quality star wars titles thru and thru. 

It's just hard to believe how in some ways gaming has taken so many steps back in this type of area of licensing etc... I really despise it and it makes you appreciate even further the older years of gaming and what we were getting. Star wars in general is in such the shitter thanks to Disney, but if they could only do one thing right it'd be relinquishing the rights from that pos EA, that would make for such a grand day. I don't know how a company that can be such absolute fuck ups like EA can Stick around as long as they have.

I do want to point out that one of the things that absolutely murdered LucasArts was that they were pumping out sub-par Star Wars titles.  That picture is very misleading because it is a VERY cherry-picked representation that simply omits quite a bit of the absolute garbage that was being churned out under the Star Wars brand during that period.

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I do want to point out that one of the things that absolutely murdered LucasArts was that they were pumping out sub-par Star Wars titles.  That picture is very misleading because it is a VERY cherry-picked representation that simply omits quite a bit of the absolute garbage that was being churned out under the Star Wars brand during that period.

Oh there was garbage for sure but the point is that battlefronts, Kotor and jedi academy alone I feel makes a statement to EAs two offerings in 4 years. 

But the point and gist is more or less options, the plethora of options whether they were amazing or just ok, it was nice to see options