15 Offensive Marvel Characters That Will Never See The Big Screen

11 minutes ago, number305 said:

I am almost certain we will see Mephisto on the big screen eventually.  Also I would bet they will take another run at Mandarin eventually.  Probably after they reboot Ironman somehow.

Most of these will never be on the big screen simply because they are so obscure.

They wouldn't need to do another run at the Mandarin because they set it up perfectly for the real one to show up.

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They wouldn't need to do another run at the Mandarin because they set it up perfectly for the real one to show up.

Kind of.  In a revisionist way, and only if you watch the extra's from like a thor DVD.  But with this version of Ironman probably getting killed off I doubt they ever continue directly with that story line.  

2 hours ago, number305 said:

I am almost certain we will see Mephisto on the big screen eventually.  Also I would bet they will take another run at Mandarin eventually.  Probably after they reboot Ironman somehow.

Most of these will never be on the big screen simply because they are so obscure.

Rocket Racoon and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy say HELLOOOOO! In all seriousness, I'm fairly certain we'll see MODOK in some form at some point. He's already been in cartoons and videogames so the public is familiar with him. Mephisto as well... he's not nearly as offensive as he once was. Shit we have an actual primetime TV show called LUCIFER for god's sake :lol:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Rocket Racoon and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy say HELLOOOOO! In all seriousness, I'm fairly certain we'll see MODOK in some form at some point. He's already been in cartoons and videogames so the public is familiar with him. Mephisto as well... he's not nearly as offensive as he once was. Shit we have an actual primetime TV show called LUCIFER for god's sake :lol:

The leather and intimate exploration of Warrior Woman might be less taboo in today's society than when it first appeared in Marvel Invaders #16, but that’s not what made her so offensive. Her being the mistress of World War II’s evil mustache psychopath did her in then, and still would today.

The man known for wiping millions of innocent people off the face of the planet will forever be known as offensive and repulsive, along with anyone associated to him. However, be careful, because the more we censor him out of literature, the more people will forget about what happened.

Warrior Woman was a loyal supporter of his regime, a true entity of evil. While her character wouldn’t work in today's culture, forgetting about her and the man she worshipped will leave the possibility of history repeating itself one day.

When did they start censoring Hitler? We have Man in the High Castle, Preacher, episode in Supernatural, documentary series about Hitler and Inglourious Bastards that i can remember recently.

What in the world was Marvel thinking? There is nothing wrong with creating evil and villainous characters, but how lazy and irresponsible of a writer do you have to be when you name a character "Holocaust."

The name fit perfectly with The Age of Apocalypse universe.

Thus there is nothing about someone named Holocaust that you can make relatable to an audience. It’s the name of an evil act done by a truly evil man who really existed. Millions upon millions of innocent lives were snuffed out for no other reason than to “purify” the world.

So, pretty much Apocalypse in The Age of Apocalypse which is why he named his kid Holocaust

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Some of these are a lot more obscure than the guardians of the galaxy.  The guardians headlined their own successful comic (with various team make ups... honestly the movie version together as a team was pretty much first done for the movie).  People like 'flag-smasher' and 'big bertha' and 'hate-monger' are obscure on a whole other level.