WWE Confirms Dean Ambrose Will Leave After Contract Expires in April

SaysWho?

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Good he sucks. Probably the most wrestler in the ring...ever. And never lived up to the hype on the mic. There’s a ton of talent waiting in the wings. Next man up. 

Agreed but I think WWE had a lot to do with him being lackluster. He’s not as great as people make him out to be especially with the sheer amount of talent in the company now. I’d honestly be more upset if Renee Young left. 

Ambrose is a great performer and a natural heel who’s been stunted by WWE’s creative. You guys are out of your damn minds.

That’s the scary, broken, psychotic heel-Ambrose WWE should have allowed, which we got a glimpse of that first week he went heel (before the god awful germaphobe bs). Wherever he winds up next, he’ll be one of that promotions top heels.

Meh, it's not like he wasn't given a ton of screen time and opportunity.  I know he can play that psychotic character but honestly how long can that kind of character remain interesting?  He is, no exaggeration, one of the top 5 most boring wrestlers in the ring I have ever seen.  And he did practically NOTHING with any of his characters.  I mean look at Cody Rhodes, no one got more garbage characters than him.  But you could tell he was putting his heart and soul into each one.  He managed to make each one of those characters at least somewhat interesting.  That's a true talent the WWE let slip away.  Ambrose as a total package is garbage.

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Meh, it's not like he wasn't given a ton of screen time and opportunity

US Champ, tag team champ, WWE champ, a Lesnar WM match, IC champ, fourth ever Grand Slam champ, 1/3rd of one of the top teams/factions in the past decade... yep, no screen time or opportunity.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

US Champ, tag team champ, WWE champ, a Lesnar WM match, IC champ, fourth ever Grand Slam champ, 1/3rd of one of the top teams/factions in the past decade... yep, no screen time or opportunity.

I know....that’s what I said. He got a ton of opportunity and sucked with all of it. 

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I know....that’s what I said. He got a ton of opportunity and sucked with all of it. 

Except, ya know, he didn’t, hence WWE offered him a lot more money (by all accounts) on a new contract before he even stated he wanted to leave, and kept putting him in upper mid-card work-horse angles with belts and main storylines on him. 

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Except, ya know, he didn’t, hence WWE offered him a lot more money (by all accounts) on a new contract before he even stated he wanted to leave, and kept putting him in upper mid-card work-horse angles with belts and main storylines on him. 

Uh huh. Yeah he’s been near the top during arguably WWE’s worst stretch. Coincidence? They kept putting Kane and Big Show in top card storylines too. Ambrose’s time in the shield carried him through the rest of his time. His US Title reign? Lol you mean the one where he went months in between title defenses? World Title Reign? Soooo bad. I’ll say he was decent when he was in a tag team. That’s where I think he could have thrived. And his pursuit of Rollins and the title after the shield breakup was decent. That’s it though. He dropped the ball every other time they gave it to him. Can’t wait till he’s gone. 

16 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Ambrose is a great performer and a natural heel who’s been stunted by WWE’s creative. You guys are out of your damn minds.

That’s the scary, broken, psychotic heel-Ambrose WWE should have allowed, which we got a glimpse of that first week he went heel (before the god awful germaphobe bs). Wherever he winds up next, he’ll be one of that promotions top heels.

you seriously find this entertaining?

55 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Uh huh. Yeah he’s been near the top during arguably WWE’s worst stretch. Coincidence? They kept putting Kane and Big Show in top card storylines too. Ambrose’s time in the shield carried him through the rest of his time. His US Title reign? Lol you mean the one where he went months in between title defenses? World Title Reign? Soooo bad. I’ll say he was decent when he was in a tag team. That’s where I think he could have thrived. And his pursuit of Rollins and the title after the shield breakup was decent. That’s it though. He dropped the ball every other time they gave it to him. Can’t wait till he’s gone. 

Uhhhh... that was not WWE's worst stretch or anywhere near it. Did you watch anything from the past year? OMFG :lol: 

Let me guess, you also think The Revival sucks and can't wait till they leave because how they're misused and creatively stifled. He's leaving because he absolutely hates "hokey shit" (his words) in wrestling, which is what they've been having him do for basically the stint of his current contract. He doesn't see that changing. He's the next Drew McIntyre (probably someone you also hated and couldn't wait to leave :p ). Go YouTube some Jon Moxley matches and get back to me.

41 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

you seriously find this entertaining?

I find the idea of a purely insane heel character to be entertaining. I don't find the razor blade to be.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Uhhhh... that was not WWE's worst stretch or anywhere near it. Did you watch anything from the past year? OMFG :lol: 

Let me guess, you also think The Revival sucks and can't wait till they leave because how they're misused and creatively stifled. He's leaving because he absolutely hates "hokey shit" (his words) in wrestling, which is what they've been having him do for basically the stint of his current contract. He doesn't see that changing. He's the next Drew McIntyre (probably someone you also hated and couldn't wait to leave :p ). Go YouTube some Jon Moxley matches and get back to me.

I find the idea of a purely insane heel character to be entertaining. I don't find the razor blade to be.

Lol ohhhh you’re that kind of fan. Gotcha. I’ve seen plenty of Johnny Moxley matches my man. Saw all the “highlights” people posted from CZW back in the day. He’s a one note character and he failed when the spotlight was on him. Dude is trash 🤷🏻‍♂️

Revival and McIntyre are great btw 😉

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol ohhhh you’re that kind of fan. Gotcha. I’ve seen plenty of Johnny Moxley matches my man. Saw all the “highlights” people posted from CZW back in the day. He’s a one note character and he failed when the spotlight was on him. Dude is trash 🤷🏻‍♂️

Revival and McIntyre are great btw 😉

What kind of fan is that? One that can recognize a good worker stifled by creative? I’m glad you’re the kind of fan that completely makes up nonsense instead of factual information. Lol, “WWE’s worst stretch”... ya know, when he was the face of Smackdown and Smackdown had some of its highest ratings in the past decade when he feuded with AJ. Yep. AWFUL! 

I’m sure you may have seen “plenty of Johnny Moxley matches” but something tells me you’ve seen about zero Jon Moxley matches or even know who the titty master is 🤷‍♂️ (hey look I can use shit emojis too)

Yep! One note character who’s used multiple notes during his face and heel turns in WWE but not the one from his indy days... oh, wait, that’s like... multiple notes! :shock:

WWE can absolutely stifle characters but they do give plenty of people chances to make their gimmick work. They wanted to bury Daniel Bryan so bad. CM Punk shit on Vince on live TV. The NEWWW DAYY were shit faces until they told Vince to give them some time to fix the gimmick. Rusev got buried by Cena and then a second wind with the Rusev Day stuff.  

I think the biggest problem is that Ambrose got super over for a bit but his character got stale and his ringwork was exposed as pretty boring. He needed to reinvent himself and couldn’t. Dolph Ziggler is basically the same exact character he was when he got over and it’s been so long we don’t give a shit about him anymore. 

Yeah WWE is to blame for a lot of these situations but wrestlers who are actually given tv time like Dean was also need to take their fair share of blame. The roster is fucking stacked. Vince wants to push guys like Roman. It’s competitive as hell and if you slip you’ll be lost in the shuffle. 

16 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Uh huh. Yeah he’s been near the top during arguably WWE’s worst stretch. Coincidence? 

I don't know if I'd call it the worst stretch (as bad as it is, holy shit was 1995 hot steaming garbage), but I really would say it's a coincidence. Like they make him this "psychotic" guy, right, but they had him squirting ketchup at people. If this were the early 2000s or late 90s, he could probably be a lot edgier a character, but he is doing tame stuff, and many of the shows go between more "adult" things for the older fans and really kiddie things, making it tonally inconsistent.

Not that who's on top doesn't influence things... but for this stretch, I think WWE is just too scripted and micromanaged and not as organic. I've been listening to a lot of Austin/Jericho/Bret/Foley talking about the lack of selling and storytelling in the ring. Foley brought up a point I never ever considered, which is matches are planned out a lot more because the mics are hotter now, so wrestlers apparently aren't calling things out as much in-ring and on the spot. And a lot of them are getting every move they can, so there's no face comeback.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't know if I'd call it the worst stretch (as bad as it is, holy shit was 1995 hot steaming garbage), but I really would say it's a coincidence. Like they make him this "psychotic" guy, right, but they had him squirting ketchup at people. If this were the early 2000s or late 90s, he could probably be a lot edgier a character, but he is doing tame stuff, and many of the shows go between more "adult" things for the older fans and really kiddie things, making it tonally inconsistent.

Not that who's on top doesn't influence things... but for this stretch, I think WWE is just too scripted and micromanaged and not as organic. I've been listening to a lot of Austin/Jericho/Bret/Foley talking about the lack of selling and storytelling in the ring. Foley brought up a point I never ever considered, which is matches are planned out a lot more because the mics are hotter now, so wrestlers apparently aren't calling things out as much in-ring and on the spot. And a lot of them are getting every move they can, so there's no face comeback.

Thats an interesting point rom Foley never considered that. I do think the lack of freedom is the biggest problem holding today’s product back, at least that’s what it seems like. But at the same time i see some guys/girls making it work within the confines of the current product. And I can’t believe that someone positioned as close to the top as Ambrose was couldn’t go off script a little or have zero say in creative. 

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

What kind of fan is that? One that can recognize a good worker stifled by creative? I’m glad you’re the kind of fan that completely makes up nonsense instead of factual information. Lol, “WWE’s worst stretch”... ya know, when he was the face of Smackdown and Smackdown had some of its highest ratings in the past decade when he feuded with AJ. Yep. AWFUL! 

I’m sure you may have seen “plenty of Johnny Moxley matches” but something tells me you’ve seen about zero Jon Moxley matches or even know who the titty master is 🤷‍♂️ (hey look I can use shit emojis too)

Yep! One note character who’s used multiple notes during his face and heel turns in WWE but not the one from his indy days... oh, wait, that’s like... multiple notes! :shock:

Lol you’re so angry you attacked my emoji choice 😂😂😂😂😂