Man’s life ‘destroyed’ following classmate’s false rape allegation

1 minute ago, 2user1cup said:

Why do men keep female friends? Are they dumb? 

Like yeah, I have female friends through work or school days, but the closest I get to them is facebook.

I live with a female friend.

Of course, she's not attracted to me because I'm not African-American, I'm not attracted to her because she's Slavic, so I guess it all works out!

• Haha 2

Man - You ruined my life!

Also man - “...fired from his summer job and could get him tossed from his new college.”

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Look I’m not saying this is right or forgiveable, but it’s fucking absurd that this 22 year old is saying his entire life is ruined.  You’re not even out of school yet.  

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Also man - “...fired from his summer job and could get him tossed from his new college.”

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Look I’m not saying this is right or forgiveable, but it’s fucking absurd that this 22 year old is saying his entire life is ruined.  You’re not even out of school yet.  

I can 100% assure that if his resume crossed my desk and I discovered this information, it would be enough to a warrant taking a "pass" on it if there were similarly qualified candidates without such allegations.

I don't think it's "absurd" in the least to suggest the possibility that it will have a significantly detrimental impact on his future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

She's actively ruining his reputation beyond the initial accusation. 

Now Reddington’s social-media posts targeting Goldman’s new school and employer show she’s out to “publicly tarnish his reputation and wreak havoc on his personal life and that of his family,” he says in his Brooklyn Federal Court defamation lawsuit.

Reddington posted Goldman’s picture, and links to his Facebook and LinkedIn profiles, in lengthy messages detailing the alleged assault, and accuses him of being a serial rapist. She added a #MeToo hashtag and linked to his current school, the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

“I write this post because this is not the first time Alex Goldman has raped someone and I want to make sure that it is the last,” she claims in a post earlier this month.

She also posted a screenshot of what appeared to be a message exchange with Goldman’s employer, Bohler Engineering, and crowed that he was fired.

“Due to the severity of the allegations and our zero tolerance policy, we have elected to immediately terminate the employment relationship,” the company replied in the screenshot posted on Reddington’s social media.

“Thank you to everyone for reposting and spreading the word on the monster that Alex Goldman is,” Reddington wrote alongside a post with a message from Bohler. “Thank you to Bohler Engineering for taking a stand against this disgusting excuse of a man.”

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I can 100% assure that if his resume crossed my desk and I discovered this information, it would be enough to a warrant taking a "pass" on it if there were similarly qualified candidates without such allegations.

I don't think it's "absurd" in the least to suggest the possibility that it will have a significantly detrimental impact on his future.

See my above post, she's already gone out of her to defame him to get him fired (and it worked). 

55 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Not really anything to do with the rape accusations, but your life absolutely can be ruined by the time you're 22.  If you pick the wrong college, pick the wrong degree to pursue, and/or pick the wrong career to pursue, you're fucked.

People have a real loose definition of having their life "ruined."

First of all, very recent memory should absolutely tell people that many, many people have zero problem bouncing back from this sort of thing especially when you have veritable armies of people willing to write endless thought pieces on the injustice of the accused male.  I'm pretty sure the writers at Reason can't climax unless they're actively writing a blatantly hypocritical piece attacking an accuser based on incomplete information.  

Besides, where are the actual ruined lives that people scream about?  That mattress case guy is out there making a living in film supposedly, not addicted to smack under some overpass turning tricks for petty cash.  

Should this woman be prosecuted, stopped from spreading this bullshit, and all that?  Absolutely and you'll hear no argument from me to the contrary.  I just find it absurd that a person who hasn't even started his adult life and is still in school is somehow claiming the entire thing has gone up in flames.

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

For sure! Honestly, I would pass on it if there were no other applicants besides the one.  

I met a teacher who was falsely accused of having a relationship with a student and it ruined his life. He had to spend all his money and go into debt fighting it, his wife left him, and can’t get a new teaching job so he has to change careers (where this false accusation can still follow him).