U.S. Intelligence Chiefs Contradict Trump on North Korea and Iran, says ISIS still commands thousands and North Korea will retain nuclear weapons

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/us/politics/intelligence-chiefs-senate-threats-.html?

Daniel R. Coats, the director of national intelligence, also challenged Mr. Trump’s insistence that the Islamic State had been defeated, a key rationale for his decision to exit from Syria. The terror group, the annual “Worldwide Threat Assessment” report to Congress concluded, “still commands thousands of fighters in Iraq and Syria,” and maintain eight branches and a dozen networks around the world.

Mr. Trump is expected to meet next month with Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, in a second round of direct negotiations aimed at ridding Pyongyang of its nuclear weapons.

But Mr. Coats told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that “we currently assess North Korea will seek to retain its W.M.D. capability and is unlikely to completely give up its nuclear weapons and production capability.”

It also never mentions a wall in this "Worldwide Threat Assessment" report.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I make new threads for everything, people bitch. I try to stick to updating existing threads, people bitch. :angry:

I never bitch when you make a new thread because I like pretending like this is a Friday the 13th game and try to avoid them. :p 

Every so often, when I let myself consider his total rejection of our intelligence apparatus,  my mind bends and implodes. Rhetoric is one thing, but this is incredibly dangerous for not just America but the world as a whole. How anyone could support such a president, regardless of what he's promised you, speaks to the pure ignorance and disassociation from reality, that is the American public. :flag: