LTTP: Shadow of Mordor

EternallDarkness

Okay so I actually bought this game for the second time. I originally had picked it up when I first got my ps4 along with a bunch of other games and while I know I tried it, I think I only played it for like 10-15 minutes. It didn't grab me right away and then I completely forgot about it. Then the other day I snagged Shadow of War for like 8 bucks and after I started it up realized it was a continuation for Mordor, so I grabbed it Mordor for xbox and started playing it. Put in several hours on it, still trying to get a feel for it. is there any real order for clearing missions or is this just anything goes? This feels like total open world with no real mission structure/story structure. 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's official the Xbox version is better than the PS4 version!

:lol: maybe, but that wasn't the point. Actually I wasn't quite sure where my ps4 copy was ...though I found it while Mordor was installing on my xbox :lol: doesn't bother me buying the game twice, I've always preferred the xbox controller anyway. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

:lol: maybe, but that wasn't the point. Actually I wasn't quite sure where my ps4 copy was ...though I found it while Mordor was installing on my xbox :lol: doesn't bother me buying the game twice, I've always preferred the xbox controller anyway. 

I bought it twice too... got the ps4 version on disc when it came out and never finished it.  Bought the digital version the the Xbox last year shortly before the sequel came out and beat it.  Great game but Shadow of War improves upon everything it did and dials it up to 11. I put a 100 hours into Shadow of War and still need to do the last piece of DLC.

47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It wasn't bad, but I don't remember a ton about it except I was kinda glad when I finished it. I think maybe it got too repetitive and the story wasn't terribly interesting. Never got the sequel. 

I wanna say I got the game from someone here. 

The first game seemed way better at the time I think because it wasn't a particularly strong year software wise in the AAA department, and the Nemesis system is legitimately cool.

I'm really glad I played the sequel, though. It's hard to explain, but I think it makes some tweaks to the combat that makes you feel out of control, and siege is like, if Dynasty Warriors had better combat (I love DW anyway). It's just layered so well, with the big armies fighting, the traps, and how they dramatize it where your walls will crumble if one of your main generals dies. And I'd also say the mind control I think was better... but it's been so long since Mordor that I could be talking out my ass.

Whole thing is just a ton of fun imo!