Royal Rumble 2019 Thread

Spork3245

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Nah Balor looked strong. Looking weak would have been him getting squashed in a few minutes. 

Compared to what he did in NXT and New Japan? He seems way weaker. He didn't get squashed but I don't see him in any WWE championship title matches for a while. Maybe i really wanted him to win or make him look better by having DQ finish to keep the belt on Lesnar and have hope that Balor would one day regain the belt. But after that match that's never gonna happen. 

We have Elimination Chamber and another PPV all to set up Balor further (preferably an unbeatable "Demon" Balor) leading into Mania in April. Nearly 3 months time to build him up more (and also to do so in service of not losing him to AEW) but yeah Brock has had enough time, we are over it, its time to give newcomers a chance and give a whole new breath of fresh air to the brand as a whole!

14 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

We have Elimination Chamber and another PPV all to set up Balor further (preferably an unbeatable "Demon" Balor) leading into Mania in April. Nearly 3 months time to build him up more (and also to do so in service of not losing him to AEW) but yeah Brock has had enough time, we are over it, its time to give newcomers a chance and give a whole new breath of fresh air to the brand as a whole!

WWE has sooooo much talent right now. It's just a shame that they don't have a none part time champion or haven't set up a bunch of story lines revolving around the Universal belt. Now with Rollins winning the Royal Rumble it's almost predictable what will happen at WM. I have little faith in WWE creative.

On a side note

WOW wtf!?

*WWE Cronie*

"Umm Vince told me you have to remove your shirt or I'll be forced to remove you" *flexes security guard muscle*

"WTF!? For real!? I bought these tickets for this event...are you even going to replace my shirt?" ~ Random fan being picked on

*WWE Cronie*

"No you have to give us money for a new shirt."

3 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Nia won the women's belt at Mania last year against the beautiful brat known as Alexa Bliss!!! That said, I took issue when the announcers said Nia was "the first ever woman in a RR match" because fuck that shit, it was Chyna!

Did he? She’s like the 4th. Chyna, Beth Pheonix and Kharma all before Nia

4/10 Rumble for me

It's not as bad as the worst Rumbles Vince has ever booked. But it followed the same pattern of crap that all other middle of the road Rumbles ever did.

-We got no surprise entrances (Abyss was announced as signing with WWE how long ago? And he didn't debut tonight?! No classic superstars that are more able-bodied than Jarrett and Angle?? We couldn't even get a one-off female surprise? Whether classic WWF or someone from TNA's heyday of womaen's wrestling? <Velvet Sky, ODB, Angelina Love, etc>)

-There was so little-to-no  promotion of hope that Balor could win the title that his squash match didn't even matter. It was a flat burial that followed every other David and Goliath scenario the WWE promotes with Brock - He has three moves of doom, something happens in the match where he gets injured (and not injured by his opponent), his opponent uses everything in his arsenal against Brock and the injury, but Brock is so monstrous that even with an injury and all the moves done against him he still wins

-Nothing new was set up. Rowan comes out to help Bryan, but we can't see some kind of reformation of the Bullet Club with Anderson and Gallows coming to help AJ? Or even coming to help Balor?

-The Rumble has no rules, but we skirt this feint line of "Well, anyone can come out and take someone elses place" that we don't go full monty with it? Why not have more NXT wrestlers show up? Why not let Zach Rider show up?

-The cgi entrances are gross. Period.

I could go on and on, but this will suffice. At least last year Vince allowed surprise winners happen even though they wouldn't get the main event, and it looks like he's back to not caring about making the Rumble fun again.

The men’s rumble match was a mess. The best part of it was Nia Jax getting RKO’d. There was no suspense, a bunch of wasted spots, and a lot of guys who got eliminated pretty quickly. 

The women clearly stole the show. Better title matches and better rumble. 

6 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

4/10 Rumble for me

It's not as bad as the worst Rumbles Vince has ever booked. But it followed the same pattern of crap that all other middle of the road Rumbles ever did.

-We got no surprise entrances (Abyss was announced as signing with WWE how long ago? And he didn't debut tonight?! No classic superstars that are more able-bodied than Jarrett and Angle?? We couldn't even get a one-off female surprise? Whether classic WWF or someone from TNA's heyday of womaen's wrestling? <Velvet Sky, ODB, Angelina Love, etc>)

-There was so little-to-no  promotion of hope that Balor could win the title that his squash match didn't even matter. It was a flat burial that followed every other David and Goliath scenario the WWE promotes with Brock - He has three moves of doom, something happens in the match where he gets injured (and not injured by his opponent), his opponent uses everything in his arsenal against Brock and the injury, but Brock is so monstrous that even with an injury and all the moves done against him he still wins

-Nothing new was set up. Rowan comes out to help Bryan, but we can't see some kind of reformation of the Bullet Club with Anderson and Gallows coming to help AJ? Or even coming to help Balor?

-The Rumble has no rules, but we skirt this feint line of "Well, anyone can come out and take someone elses place" that we don't go full monty with it? Why not have more NXT wrestlers show up? Why not let Zach Rider show up?

-The cgi entrances are gross. Period.

I could go on and on, but this will suffice. At least last year Vince allowed surprise winners happen even though they wouldn't get the main event, and it looks like he's back to not caring about making the Rumble fun again.

Abyss was signed to be a trainer in the PC. I was a kinda surprised he didn’t show up but I also wasn’t really expecting him either. They clearly were featuring younger NXT talent in all the surprise positions this year instead of old nostalgia acts. Which for me personally is great. They need to get away from the nostalgia and let the new guys grow. 

Uhhh that wasn’t a squash match at all. Balor comes out looking stronger than he has since he came back from injury. And it’s not like it was a typical Brock match either. He sold well and played the victim. Finn pushed him into the table twice so not sure how Brock did that to himself. And the ending wasn’t the typical “guy hits 4 finishers, Brock kicks out. Brock’s hits 1 finisher out of nowhere and wins”. Brock got lucky and got the kamura lock on. He barely survived Finn. And the attack sets up The Demon if they want. 

Lol you say nothing new happened and clamor for a reformation of an old stable. But ignore the probability that you saw the formation of a brand new stable. 

People have been taking other people’s place for years. It was surprising that Becky even asked. Although the build to the pop she got for being allowed was worth it.  There were also a pretty substantial number of NXT wrestlers. They comprised 90% of the surprise entrants. 

Agree 100%. They need to stop this horrible CGI things. 

9 hours ago, johnny said:

The men’s rumble match was a mess. The best part of it was Nia Jax getting RKO’d. There was no suspense, a bunch of wasted spots, and a lot of guys who got eliminated pretty quickly. 

The women clearly stole the show. Better title matches and better rumble. 

I wish he took a crap in her gym bag 

Spoiler

I’m curious how many will get this reference :p 

Shane definitely looked like he was completely out of it after that match.

AJ/Bryan ending was asinine. 

Rollins winning was so telegraphed it's not even funny. As soon as he got put through the table you knew he'd have this miraculous comeback...seriously who is writing this shit. 

And yes those CGI intros sucked monkey balls. 

16 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Nia won the women's belt at Mania last year against the beautiful brat known as Alexa Bliss!!! That said, I took issue when the announcers said Nia was "the first ever woman in a RR match" because fuck that shit, it was Chyna!

He didn't say she was the first he said she was the FOURTH woman to ever compete in the mens Royal Rumble. He followed that by listing Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Kharma and now Nia Jax.

21 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I swear, if Roman makes some miraculous comeback tonight to win the Rumble, Vince and him deserve to burn in hell

:lol: yeah that would have been horrible...and completely something Vince would do. Not sure how soon Roman will return but it seems he's going to be in this summers F&F offshoot movie, playing the Rock's brother. 

30 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

:lol: yeah that would have been horrible...and completely something Vince would do. Not sure how soon Roman will return but it seems he's going to be in this summers F&F offshoot movie, playing the Rock's brother. 

I said it before and I’ll say it again: it literally took leukemia to get Reigns over.