Remember The Whole Fyre Festival Debacle? Netflix and Hulu Release Dueling Documentaries About The Whole Thing

10 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

For those that watched both, which is the better film?

I came in here specifically to say these fuckin' things aren't dueling! This is clearly a joint marketing effort to get people to watch both. Even if you wouldn't normally care, now you gotta see both so you can tell everyone which was better!

52 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

For those that watched both, which is the better film?

41 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I came in here specifically to say these fuckin' things aren't dueling! This is clearly a joint marketing effort to get people to watch both. Even if you wouldn't normally care, now you gotta see both so you can tell everyone which was better!

Honestly the Hulu one is better and I don't think they are working together after seeing both. Folks who are named as being culpable in the Hulu doc are behind the Netflix doc... it will make sense when you see both.

The Netflix one isn't bad, but the Hulu doc does a better job explaining what happened and how and the broader context that led to this shit happening. If you plan on watching both, I would watch the Netflix one first, then the Hulu doc in that order.

Watch the Hulu one. The Netflix one was put out by the same marketing firm who was in charge of the festival and it shows. Any and all culpability is place solely on the main organizer and everyone else is made to look like they were trying to fix it/stop him. The Netflix one is straight up propaganda compared to Hulu’s. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Watch the Hulu one. The Netflix one was put out by the same marketing firm who was in charge of the festival and it shows. Any and all culpability is place solely on the main organizer and everyone else is made to look like they were trying to fix it/stop him. The Netflix one is straight up propaganda compared to Hulu’s. 

Sounds like the Netflix one was produced to coincide with the release of the Hulu film as a straight up propaganda campaign and muddy up the waters there. Cool. That'll be a skip from me.

10 hours ago, Jose said:

Fuck fuckjerry.

8 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah Fuck Jerry was involved with the Netflix doc and that wasn't disclosed... I didn't know that until I watched the Hulu doc. That said, while the Hulu doc paints a more complete picture, the Netflix doc has more interviews from people directly involved with the festival including several Bahamians that were directly affected showing more of the affect this whole debacle had on the locals. I think it wouldn't hurt to watch both and while other folks may share some culpability, it's clear from the doc that the main guy lied to EVERYBODY.  The Netflix doc has one of the best lines from Ja Rule "It's not fraud, don't say fraud... It's more like false advertising."

I thought the Netflix one was better. While the fuckjerry guys basically just blame the main guy and not themselves, they still describe all the scummy shit they did. As long as you know this, I dont think it’s a big deal. And it has a lot more interviews with people. 

The one Bahamian lady in the Netflix doc put up a GoFundMe to try and recoup what she lost, I think she was looking to get $120,000 and it’s at close to $250,000. Good for her, she seems like a decent woman.