Breaking: FAA halting flights into LaGuardia due to staff shortage at other East Coast ATC centers

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Pretty sure that kid picture is from a take-your-kid-to-work day from last year.

Still

Let's take it in that context. They put a kid in a shirt and tie, blue gloves, and gave him a TSA walkie talkie and told him to get to work.

Fuckin' YIKES.

LGA’s been a PITA to fly into/out of for years now, and it’s only gotten worse since the renovation started in 2016. Huge infrastructure project (largest PPP in the country I was told when Skanska was calling me for interviews), but it’s made LGA a total nightmare. 

If there are/were delays at LGA because of the shutdown, I doubt anyone would notice if they had any previous experience with the airport. 

1 hour ago, Subzwari1987 said:

LaGuardia is far from small. It’s heavily overused and handles a majority of NY flights to Chicago and Charlotte (which is a major American Airlines transfer hub). This will hurt a lot of business travelers trying to come home from a business trip

I never said it was small. I said relatively small.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Was she always this good? Like, fuck.

Pelosi has been at the game forever. The branding of her as some millstone around the neck of the Democratic party is recent and weird. She’s always had detractors, she’s a prominent woman in politics, but it’s been weird to see her slagged over the last few years. 

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Pelosi has been at the game forever. The branding of her as some millstone around the neck of the Democratic party is recent and weird. She’s always had detractors, she’s a prominent woman in politics, but it’s been weird to see her slagged over the last few years. 

I'm fairly certain the slagging has been a result of right wing propaganda trying to get popular opinion turning against her. I hate to say this, because this is the world we live in now, but I swear it was AOC's backing that finally got people to rethink why they thought she was awful.

16 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'm fairly certain the slagging has been a result of right wing propaganda trying to get popular opinion turning against her. I hate to say this, because this is the world we live in now, but I swear it was AOC's backing that finally got people to rethink why they thought she was awful.

It kinda made me turn the corner. I trust AOC and I've basically been fed right wing anti-Pelosi stuff for so long. 

This has been an effective show of her power and political acumen. So if I'm into a Pelosi-hate mode again, someone snap me out of it. 

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Paygo