Next box and PS5 Specs Leaked (Allegedly)

skillzdadirecta

I'll let you smart guys translate this rumor... both are expected to release holiday 2020

PS5 specifications and price
CPU: Custom 8 cores / 16 Threads Zen 2 CPU
GPU: Custom NAVI @8+ teraflops
Memory: 12GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB SSD
Price: $399 (around Rs. 28,500)

Next box Pro

GPU: Custom NAVI @12+ teraflops
Memory: 16GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
DirectX Raytracing + MS AI
Price: $499 (around Rs. 35,600

Next box Streaming only console

GPU: Custom NAVI @4+ teraflops
Memory: 12GB GDDR6
Storage: 1TB NVMe SSD @ 1+GB/s
DirectX Raytracing + MS AI
Price: $249 (around Rs. 17,800

These are unlikely. Its the storage that has me disbelieving this leak, mind you. I fully expect that next gen consoles will have 8-12 TFLOPS on the GPU side and be paired with 16Gb of system memory though. Not sure on the CPU, but some variant of Zen is likely. SSD's have been dropping pretty fast lately, but honestly its still a long shot with storage being such a small fraction of the cost pie when making a 400 dollar derp PC. 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

These are unlikely. Its the storage that has me disbelieving this leak, mind you. I fully expect that next gen consoles will have 8-12 TFLOPS on the GPU side and be paired with 16Gb of system memory though. Not sure on the CPU, but some variant of Zen is likely. SSD's have been dropping pretty fast lately, but honestly its still a long shot with storage being such a small fraction of the cost pie when making a 400 dollar derp PC. 

I saw a 960G SSD for $128bux the other day. If MS buys in the millions, maybe its possible. 

That alone will be a huge step up for consoles. 

10 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I saw a 960G SSD for $128bux the other day. If MS buys in the millions, maybe its possible. 

That alone will be a huge step up for consoles. 

I hope its true, but when your trying to build a next gen system at a $399, its pretty much goes in this order:

GPU

RAM

CPU

Controller

Case 

Storage

PSU

My gross cost break down guesstimate looks like this:

GPU - 175

RAM - 50

CPU - 75

Controller - 20

Case  - 10

Storage - 50

PSU - 20

* assume mobo and included cabling is priced in the margins between GPU,CPU, and RAM costs

Now id someone is successful with a 499 price tag then this is a non issue, but I doubt that will happen. 

Like others may have mentioned, I don't know why a streaming only console would have a 1TB ssd.  All I really care about going forward is full backwards compatibility with the previous gen.  In my eyes, all PS4 games need to work on the PS5.  Digital purchases are higher then they have ever been, and if those purchases couldn't follow you to the next console there will be riots lol.

I doubt I'll be buying a next gen console until the back half of the generation.

- If history repeats itself, the game library will take its sweet time and cross gen with be the norm.

- Once it comes into its own, a hardware revision will be right around the corner.
- A subscription future isn't for me.  I want full agency over my digital game library.  I enjoy bargain hunting.

- Cross-platform multiplayer will be a given.  I'd rather not pay for it.
- PC releases are more common than Xbox ports these days.  I'd rather not buy another Microsoft console unless priorities shift.
- DLSS should (hopefully) make PC gaming more cost effective than in the past.

I'm open to hearing Microsoft and Sony out.  Dropping XBLG/PS+ would get my attention.  So would working with AMD on an improved checkerboarding/DLSS-like algorithm.  Raytracing should be part of the package, but if the current tech is any indication, it sounds like a great reason to wait for a revision.

A killer launch window line-up of exclusives could do it for me too.  But we haven't seen one since the Gamecube IMO.