Kingdom Hearts III Reviews

Nokt

Game Informer 9.5

IGN 8.7

Gamespot 8

Metacritic 88

Polygon doesn't do numbers anymore? Given the title I don't think it was good "Kingdom Hearts 3 ends the series with a whimper"

Also here is how to unlock the secret movie. It doesn't really spoil anything so I'm just going to quote it.

According to Nomura, to watch the secret movie, players need to photograph the in-game Mickey-shaped “lucky marks.” From what Famitsu’s article indicates, Sora seems to have a mobile device with which he can take photos of the lucky marks.

“The number (of lucky marks) you need to photograph varies depending on the difficulty selected at the game’s start,” Nomura told Famitsu. So, if you select the easy Beginner mode, you must photograph all the lucky marks. If you chose the harder Standard or Proud modes, then you can skip some. Nomura didn’t give exact numbers, but said, “For Proud, only a few [lucky marks] is okay, and even Standard isn’t that strict, I think.”

16 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Seems like I remember it always being planned as a trilogy, then they go into the spinoffs so deep.

Hmm, it can't be that they're ending the series. The secret ending isn't out yet, but every single secret ending to date has been specifically to show off something cool for a sequel! I can't imagine they'd do a secret ending that's just like "And they lived EXTRA happily ever after!"

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Hmm, it can't be that they're ending the series. The secret ending isn't out yet, but every single secret ending to date has been specifically to show off something cool for a sequel! I can't imagine they'd do a secret ending that's just like "And they lived EXTRA happily ever after!"

It took so long to make a 3rd game it might as well be the end of the series :p

If they want to do a sequel they can just call it "Kingdom Hearts 3.4 remix zero" or something.

Watched the IGN review, game looks crazy fun! Combat looks amazing. Hopefully it plays as fun as it looks. Not surprisingly it sounds like the end of the game is spent paying off all the story arcs. So I’m serisouly debating if I should try and tackle one of the multi hour recap videos haha. 

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Watched the IGN review, game looks crazy fun! Combat looks amazing. Hopefully it plays as fun as it looks. Not surprisingly it sounds like the end of the game is spent paying off all the story arcs. So I’m serisouly debating if I should try and tackle one of the multi hour recap videos haha. 

I’m trying to resist downloading this. Playing Tales of Vesperia now and with Anthem and the Division 2 coming soon I MUST RESIST! :lol:

On 1/24/2019 at 12:26 PM, Spork3245 said:

I keep going back and forth on buying this. :/ 

On 1/25/2019 at 7:28 AM, Biggie said:

I’m trying to resist downloading this. Playing Tales of Vesperia now and with Anthem and the Division 2 coming soon I MUST RESIST! :lol:

I failed. Lmao. Downloaded this last night and it’s ready to go. After watching gameplay on Twitch I had to play it. Looks fantastic. 

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, it is Disney, what'd you expect? Blood and gore and sex?

No, but it seems to appeal to everyone. It's not a game where I see everyone saying oh I have to buy this for my kid. So it must have some kind of appeal. I don't have any kids so I'm not exactly caught up on all things Disney lately. 

Never played the spin offs, but I liked one and two. So I feel like I owe it to myself to play KH3. 

I have ave not seen anything lately that looked like a deal breaker, like it became a Keyblade war themed battle royal card game. So I expect I will enjoy it, even if I need to read a wiki or watch a YouTube video to understand some of the plot points. 

Summary:

- Running on Unreal Engine 4.

Visuals:

- PS4 Pro: 2304x1296p
- Xbox X: 2560x1440p
- Base PS4: 1600x900p
- Base Xbox: 1280x720p

- General IQ on base consoles not exactly great.
- Base consoles have more dithered AO compared to mid-gens.
- Commentary on general jerkiness of animation compared to FFXV.
- Cut-scenes have motion blur but in-game there is no motion blur at all.

Performance:

- 2 options (Default and Stable)
- Default: Unlocked frame rate
- Stable: Locked 30 FPS with bad frame pacing
- Lack of motion blur and bad frame pacing makes it a 'severe' problem.
- All cut-scenes run at 30 FPS with motion blur but even they can show frame pacing issues.

- Base consoles: Default (unlocked) goes anywhere from 30 to 60 FPS depending on scene.
- In some very select scenes base Xbox One has better performance than both PS4 consoles
- XBX comes out with the best performance.
- However, on PS4 Pro if you set system to 1080p and disable super sampling, you get a massive improvement in performance.
- PS4 Pro @1080p performs better than Xbox X.
- 1080p on PS4 Pro is the best way to play the game, with the exception of XBX on free sync displays.

11 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I saw the video and it was surprising to see because I thought FFXV ran well on consoles. 

FFXV ran on a different engine. They actually ditched the FFXV engine and ported over to UE3 because of issues with coding for the FFXV engine and the performance, which is, allegedly, one of the reasons this game took so long to release.