Library Archives of Canada acquires book personally owned by Hitler that shows what would have happened to Canada/US if Allies had lost (more genocide)

On this page, what are the columns representing? On the left page I think the first column, per the description at the bottom, is Jewish congregations, so I assume it's their populations on next column?

I'm not sure what the columns on the right page are counting.

Either way, interesting find.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

On this page, what are the columns representing? On the left page I think the first column, per the description at the bottom, is Jewish congregations, so I assume it's their populations on next column?

@Nokra

4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

You're correct about the left page. It's the number of congregations and their membership numbers. The top part is by state and then underneath it gives the totals by year.

The right page says:

"Foreign-born Sprachjuden [a Nazi-created word, I believe; meaning those who speak in a Jewish tongue] in the individual states and large cities in 1930."

Then the left column is the state or city, of course, the middle column lists lists those foreign-born speaking Yiddish, and the right lists those foreign-born who speak Russian. 

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I still struggle to accept that there are actual Holocaust deniers. 

Every day in Germany I walk by dozens of Stolpersteine. I have been to Dachau, Sachsenhausen, and Auschwitz. That anyone can deny that this happened blows my mind, but I guess that's the nature of willful ignorance. :/ 

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Every day in Germany I walk by dozens of Stolpersteine. I have been to Dachau, Sachsenhausen, and Auschwitz. That anyone can deny that this happened blows my mind, but I guess that's the nature of willful ignorance. :/ 

I really want to visit Germany, partly for this reason. Poland is on my list, too. 

Don't take it the wrong way, but I am a bit envious of you, getting to see these things and have the experiences.

Holocaust denial fits quite neatly into antisemitism. The more facially sympathetic a thing is the more the mind twists to fit a reality that allows them to maintain their beliefs while all this evidence exists. Same thing with calling school shooting victims Crisis Actors or the idea that Barack Obama was a foreign born Muslim. 

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

You're correct about the left page. It's the number of congregations and their membership numbers. The top part is by state and then underneath it gives the totals by year.

The right page says:

"Foreign-born Sprachjuden [a Nazi-created word, I believe; meaning those who speak in a Jewish tongue] in the individual states and large cities in 1930."

Then the left column is the state or city, of course, the middle column lists lists those foreign-born speaking Yiddish, and the right lists those foreign-born who speak Russian. 

The Russian speakers are included based on the assumption that they are Jews who fled the tsarist pogroms.