3 men, teen arrested for allegedly planning attack on Muslim community in upstate New York

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

"Sure it is". What part is that in reference to? Asking genuinely. 

And I'm saying it isn't bullying because I have explained how it is a joke instead. You have not explained how it's bullying NOR how it's not a joke. I'm explaining myself. I'm saying mocking a reductive version of someone's argument is a joke; it's literally peoples' twitter burn game - it's for THE JOKES. It's not bullying. If it is, I'm asking you to explain to me how it is. If it's so clearly bullying, you should be able to explain so very easily to someone else (me, in this case). I'm waiting for how it ISN'T joking but it IS bullying instead. 

Look, when someone mocks an argument and puts words into there mouth that they didn't say to get a chuckle out of each other, it is indeed a form of bullying (don't worry, it doesn't bother me).  You are saying "how dumb is this thing he said" that he actually didn't say.  

Like I said, the intent was probably not there but that doesn't nullify the actions.   I can't make it any simpler for you.    They're just jokes Karen 

1 hour ago, Boyle5150 said:

Look, when someone mocks an argument and puts words into there mouth that they didn't say to get a chuckle out of each other, it is indeed a form of bullying (don't worry, it doesn't bother me).  You are saying "how dumb is this thing he said" that he actually didn't say.  

Like I said, the intent was probably not there but that doesn't nullify the actions.   I can't make it any simpler for you.    They're just jokes Karen 

Just because you felt bullied doesn't mean you objectively were bullied. You could, theoretically, have a thin skin and are insecure and sensitive and thus quick to become overly defensive to what were clearly just jokes rather than bullying (there is a distinction there you keep not addressing at all) - my first post was clearly over the top in terms of "describing" the reductive version of your argument and thus was a joke, and my second post that was in response to @Keyser_Soze (which I gave a laugh emoji upvote, as it was clearly a joke meant in jest) ended with a tongue sticking out of mouth emoji. I couldn't have made the fact that I was just making light fun of a reductive version of your actual argument in the other thread any more obvious - and that doesn't automatically make it bullying even if you say so. You won't even explain how it was bullying, you just keep saying: "two people got clear jokes out of a reductive version of an argument I'm making in a different thread = bullying" which makes no sense without further evidence like motive, intent. Let's look at final results if intent and motive are too vague for you: over the top posts, laugh emojis, tongue out of mouth emojis, and clearly posts in jest. Clearly there are jokes here, but where's the bullying? Point to it. 

So, again, I ask you - no intent to bully, no motive for bullying, and all of the final evidence points to jokes, not bullying. So - where is the bullying? Where is it? Two people exchanged joke posts of a reductive version of someone's argument? That's where the bullying was? I didn't put words in your mouth because the version of the argument I'm making fun of isn't you nor your words, thus, I'm not putting words in your mouth. 

Given I'm clearly taking your argument seriously in the other thread, this should be even more apparent. Look at all the aggregate evidence in whole, holistically, before just assuming my jokes are attempts at bullying, even unintentional bullying. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

because boys will be boys  

Edit: oops forgot to put the smiley face at the end... :p

This joke doesn't work even if you mean it as one, in this thread. 

And yes, using emojis changes the entire intent of posts, that's why they are there.

Yet you say I debate disingenuously?