Kids with MAGA hats and Native Americans involved in... something

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I was gonna say, I'm no expert, but it kinda looks like blackface to me. :p 

The two guys on the left side of the image, maybe. It’s certainly not traditional blackface.

The guy on the right side? Yes, 100%, no question.

I don't know if I've mentioned the sotry on this forum or not, but I remember being a kid in the mid-late 90s and my mom and her friends always did the lip sync contest for their company's annual family picnic. That year, they performed "Stop! In the Name of Love" by Dianna Ross and the Supremes. I remember them talking back then about how they wanted to paint their faces black, but the company said that was a bad idea and axed it. I think even at 10 years old or so, I knew that didn't sound like a good idea.

They still did the routine, no face paint, but they had the dress and wigs and they won the competition anyway. :p 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't know if I've mentioned the sotry on this forum or not, but I remember being a kid in the mid-late 90s and my mom and her friends always did the lip sync contest for their company's annual family picnic. That year, they performed "Stop! In the Name of Love" by Dianna Ross and the Supremes. I remember them talking back then about how they wanted to paint their faces black, but the company said that was a bad idea and axed it. I think even at 10 years old or so, I knew that didn't sound like a good idea.

They still did the routine, no face paint, but they had the dress and wigs and they won the competition anyway. :p 

Around 10 years ago there was this hubbub over this German theater company thinking it'd be a good idea to resort to putting someone in black face paint to fill an African-American role. I can easily believe it was a naive move on their part--the hubbub was basically over Americans being outraged at German people not having the American cultural context to understand why it looked bad--but if you're an American doing it...yeah.

Just now, Jason said:

Around 10 years ago there was this hubbub over this German theater company thinking it'd be a good idea to resort to putting someone in black face paint to fill an African-American role. I can easily believe it was a naive move on their part--the hubbub was basically over Americans being outraged at German people not having the American cultural context to understand why it looked bad--but if you're an American doing it...yeah.

Well, I have discussed how my family, my parents in particular, are super shitty about racial issues, so, yeah, not a surprise. Pretty sure I remember them grumbling back then about how the black people were too sensitive and ruined the fun. Or something to that effect.

2 hours ago, Snaynay1 said:

#1.  WTF

#2. Did anyone not think people from Kentucky were racist? Really Kentucky, has nobody ever visited there but myself?

Thank you. That's where this whole thing goes off the rails for me and why this thing is stupid. Pent up Catholic School 16 year old boys from Kentucky with MAGA hats at an anti abortion rally in DC, and we're shocked at what happened. Regardless of wtf happen, and I barely looked into it, the worst perspective of what happened, happens everyday here down south. Are we offended at the culture, or just that the culture leaked out into a basically liberal city? 

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

At face value this looks pretty bad but that's what Weber is trying to accomplish with this propaganda. Pretty much every kid in the audience is wearing full black clothing and some are painted in black. A few seconds later they get get switched out with everyone wearing blue, then white, then later red. It's a school spirit thing, a way to rile up the opposing team. It has nothing to do with race. 

School spirit must have gotten intense over the years. There was no fucken way I was going to bring extra clothes just for a different color when I was in school.  what I came in is what was going to be on me for the duration. What a chore to change clothes while watching a basketball game.  I am sounding like Howard Stern now.

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

👌 is a white power sign?

Sorta? It’s complicated.  Think the story is that some people falsely claimed it was a white power sign, then some internet trolls started using it that way as a joke, then some actual white supremacists adopted it for real.

Something like that.

Just now, sblfilms said:

Sorta? It’s complicated.  Think the story is that some people falsely claimed it was a white power sign, then some internet trolls started using it that way as a joke, then some actual white supremacists adopted it for real.

Something like that.

Lol, I actually googled it after he said yes. I love shit like this. 

ok-hand-4chan-troll-684.jpg?itok=uYEfpQ2

10/10

Look, some asshole racist "Christian" school kids got into it with some asshole Israelites and homeboy thought they were going to get violent so he got in the middle, then the racist kids whipped themselves into a frenzy over this guy so much the fucking Israelites started backing him up. That's fucking crazy. The only reason this story needs to be repeated is because of other racist assholes trying to propagandize these kids out from under this, likely to avoid having to officially brand the MAGA hat what it is -- racist frippery. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm deeply conflict about which "reaction" to use for this post! :p 

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well, it fits the MO at least. This kind of "attack" is only going to get more common and smarter, even if it turns out this instances wasn't that.

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Look, some asshole racist "Christian" school kids got into it with some asshole Israelites and homeboy thought they were going to get violent so he got in the middle, then the racist kids whipped themselves into a frenzy over this guy so much the fucking Israelites started backing him up. That's fucking crazy. The only reason this story needs to be repeated is because of other racist assholes trying to propagandize these kids out from under this, likely to avoid having to officially brand the MAGA hat what it is -- racist frippery. 

th?id=OIP._aRCSPWivWQ6k6PWhR7qFgHaKN&pid

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Something like that.

using innocuous symbols gives them an out if someone accuses them of being white supremacists

1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

Are you calling Kanye West a racist?  

More like mentally ill. He’s the black Norman Osborn.

I give it another year before he’s wearing a Green Goblin mask and throwing pumpkins at people while asking for Spider-Man to fight him.

• Haha 1