Kids with MAGA hats and Native Americans involved in... something

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Yep, completely sailed over your head.

Saying that I am comparable to a white supremacist but stating that I say "..but not in a racist way" at the end of the coined 14words by David Lane,  is akin to saying "I'm not a racist because I have a black friend".

Same fucking thing. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Saying that I am comparable to a white supremacist but stating that I say "..but not in a racist way" is akin to saying "I'm not a racist because I have a black friend".

Same fucking thing. 

you seem triggered af

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

Saying that I am comparable to a white supremacist but stating that I say "..but not in a racist way" is akin to saying "I'm not a racist because I have a black friend".

Same fucking thing

Interesting, it's almost as if the language and symbolism of white supremacy are independent of perception...And that individuals who, say, wear a certain hat, may still be trading in hateful imagery regardless of whether or not they perceive it as such.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Interesting, it's almost as if the language and symbolism of white supremacy are independent of perception...And that individuals who, say, wear a certain hat, may still be trading in hateful imagery regardless of whether or not they perceive it as such.

And your perception can be very wrong.  Much like this entire story. 

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The 14 words describe an explicitly white supremacist world view.

The Klan hood signifies membership in an organization with an explicitly white supremacist world view.

The fact that non-white people wear MAGA hats, not as a joke or some sort of ironic statement, but because they support whatever it is they think it means makes it different. 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

The 14 words describe an explicitly white supremacist world view.

The Klan hood signifies membership in an organization with an explicitly white supremacist world view.

The fact that non-white people wear MAGA hats, not as a joke or some sort of ironic statement, but because they support whatever it is they think it means makes it different. 

How many times, in this thread, does this need to be said for people to understand this concept? 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Asian people still use the swastika but that doesn't affect what it is when it's used like a Nazi. Show me a guy wearing a MAGA hat minding his own business okay maybe not safe to assume he's a racist but it IS safe to assume two things; he has no problems supporting a political expression of racism, and that if he starts acting like a fucking douche toward a minority then facts have changed and it's now safe to assume they're racist. 

Beyond that it's OLD news for minorities to try and cleave to the benefits of white supremacy by joining in keeping the black community down. That was the basic story of how Irish Catholics came to be perceived as white. Minorities protecting themselves by appearing subservient to dominant social forces, particularly immigrants, is a song as old as time.