I'm annoyed that the Saints lost after one of the worst no calls in history, but you also can't blame a loss on one bad call. The Saints had control of that game and should have been up by more than that.

The Chiefs loss feels a bit like the Chargers loss in that I think they might be a better team, but they just got outcoached hard. Obviously the Chiefs did far better than the bolts, but their defense was pretty miserable.

I also want to join the chorus in saying the OT rules are terrible in the NFL. It's crazy that you can go into overtime and one offense doesn't get to touch the ball. I kinda get that they want the game to end with a score, and not a subsequent loss of downs, but that's a lame excuse. Adopt the college rules, give the other team at least one possession, do something.

Now we're left with another Superbowl where I don't really want either team to win. Does anyone have a good reason to root for the Rams other than "they're not the Pats"? Maybe Aaron Donald deserves a ring?

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Good. I don't see why it shouldn't be as long as the same rules as other challenges still apply (loss of timeout, etc.). 

The pace of NFL games is already fucking brutal, anything that extends the game time with anything other than gameplay should be treated with extreme skepticism. Also if you're going to make PI reviewable, might as well make holding reviewable too and turn football games into 6 hour affairs that devastate the limbic system and put everyone at risk of renal failure and cirrhosis of the liver.

havent watched much NFL the last few years... watched the last 8 mins of Patriots and Chiefs...

great game, but good god the amount of stoppage and replays is crazy... Ultimately I suppose its worth it to get the calls right but...that is a lot more downtime away from actual plays than I remember

I don't really like the idea of more time being taken away from the actual game. Refs are human and they are going to miss stuff and players are going to 'get away' with things. What's next being able to have IR for missed holding calls...which lets face there would be a IR of every freaking down if that happened, but that missed call last night was absolutely ridiculous. How the #### does that not get called? 7 officials on the field and no one saw that? Granted each ref has their own area to be focused on but was none of them actually watching the ball and the play as it unfolded? At the very least there are a few refs that shouldn't be calling games again because if they couldn't see that than the odds are they are legally blind. 

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

The pace of NFL games is already fucking brutal, anything that extends the game time with anything other than gameplay should be treated with extreme skepticism. Also if you're going to make PI reviewable, might as well make holding reviewable too and turn football games into 6 hour affairs that devastate the limbic system and put everyone at risk of renal failure and cirrhosis of the liver.

Ehhh... they still limit challenges per game. Best thing to do is to find penalties that probably shouldn't be and cut them out of the game. This is a good move.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Ehhh... they still limit challenges per game. Best thing to do is to find penalties that probably shouldn't be and cut them out of the game. This is a good move.

Sports replay is a crime. These leagues print money and they can't figure out how to either get the call right the first time or how to look at a replay in < 15 seconds? Pay a couple people per game to live in a booth and be ready to deal with a challenge inane instant and I'm on board.

10 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I also want to join the chorus in saying the OT rules are terrible in the NFL. It's crazy that you can go into overtime and one offense doesn't get to touch the ball. I kinda get that they want the game to end with a score, and not a subsequent loss of downs, but that's a lame excuse. Adopt the college rules, give the other team at least one possession, do something.

You want to touch the ball? Stop the other team. There were two ties in the NFL this year. Both teams got a chance to score and failed to do so. The overtime rules are fine