The Grand Tour Season 3

silentbob

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Surprised not to see anything up for this yet. First episode was released today...

Probably no mention because the first episode released today. And there has been little advertising for it. They also have a $30 tie-in game for which I have not seen any advertising for either. 

I had to google when this season was coming out, because even in Dec there was nothing in the Prime Video app on it. No even when rewatching both seasons. 

Amazon is lucky it is already popular. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also their female driver, got to show off a bit of personality (as opposed to the muted masked man that was The Stig or that retarded redneck from season 1 that just did not work) and I appreciate them for that. Also, that Lambo Eros is wickedly stupid in all the best ways possible, must have been so much fun racing on that dick track :twothumbsup:

Yeah that goes to show how beast McLaren's car is, gawd dayum! That EP9 is ridiculously insane and makes me salivate at what Porsche's new all electric car will end up being like when it releases. My mind cannot even begin to wrap around what super cars will be like even 5 or 10 years from now. Still though, I was smugly smiling much like Clarkson at the petrol engined McLaren still (currently) holding the top spot!

5 hours ago, elbobo said:

The RV one was funniest episode they have done in a while even though it was scripted to hell and back

Oh they are all pretty scripted. It’s why I like the more straight up second hand vehicle road trips. Less scripting when their cars have legitimate break downs

though I suspect they choose cars they can tell will break down. Previous owner may even warn them of the work needed. 

Still makes for entertaining tv. 

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen the mongolia trip yet but this season overall has been fantastic and probably the best season this trio has done on either TG or GT. The documentaries/old car reviews, like the porsche one from last week have been utterly outstanding

The Lancia film was fine. The Porsche 917 film was INCREDIBLE. The one where they review the life of Jim Clark and talk about Buzz Aldrin's Corvette were so cool too. And I really really enjoyed the GT car road trip to the Caspian. But where they meet the guy in Georgia who has had the Russian border moved around him was really tonally off. They could have done a lot to mention the issue more than they did, or make some kind of poignant statement. But they just went back into the schtick. 

But MAN the Mongolia special was AWESOME. Best special in a long, long time.  

I don't know how I feel about the show moving to just the specials and no tent. Even on some specials, it was great to cut to the tent and great their commentary on it. Doing away with that won't be much fun.

That said, that was a pretty good episode. It made me want to buy a Ford.

• Like 1