Jump to content
D1P Regulars/Lurkers: if you did NOT receive an account confirmation email - Please Read! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

I MIGHT have your Avatar

Recommended Posts

You can still set a max width and height, right? The real problem is just that by default it won't let you set the maxes separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can still set a max width and height, right? The real problem is just that by default it won't let you set the maxes separately.

I can set one dimension to max with a percentage, and the other with a specific pixel count. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the actual number pixel dimension that you can max out on? 90x90? That's really kinda tiny for modern day monitors where 160x160 or 200x200 would just start looking nice =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous dimensions were like max 150 width and 200 height

 

As for 90x90 thats even less than IGN that introduced 120x120 megaicons like 10 years ago :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, IdeaOfEvil said:

What's the actual number pixel dimension that you can max out on? 90x90? That's really kinda tiny for modern day monitors where 160x160 or 200x200 would just start looking nice =)

They're at 110 x 110. I just did a test bump up to 150 and the avatars dominate the screen--it's more "hey look at me!" than "hey look what I posted". It's super distracting. The only way it wouldn't be distracting is if we disallowed animated avatars. And I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a smaller animated avatar than a larger static avatar.:shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

They're at 110 x 110. I just did a test bump up to 150 and the avatars dominate the screen--it's more "hey look at me!" than "hey look what I posted". It's super distracting. The only way it wouldn't be distracting is if we disallowed animated avatars. And I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a smaller animated avatar than a larger static avatar.:shrug: 

 

But it wan't an issue a month ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Emblazon

 

Not to sound selfish, but what about doing a 110/120 x 160? I like the longer vertical look to icons (it's just different from other forums), and people with 1x1 icons will still look fine without being giant imo. Or would the system auto stretch images and make 1x1 icons look skewed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

@Emblazon

 

Not to sound selfish, but what about doing a 110/120 x 160? I like the longer vertical look to icons (it's just different from other forums), and people with 1x1 icons will still look fine without being giant imo. Or would the system auto stretch images and make 1x1 icons look skewed?

The system is being really wonky with the CSS lately. I'm going to have to deep dick dive into it this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×