I MIGHT have your Avatar

Commissar SFLUFAN

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can still set a max width and height, right? The real problem is just that by default it won't let you set the maxes separately.

I can set one dimension to max with a percentage, and the other with a specific pixel count. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, IdeaOfEvil said:

What's the actual number pixel dimension that you can max out on? 90x90? That's really kinda tiny for modern day monitors where 160x160 or 200x200 would just start looking nice =)

They're at 110 x 110. I just did a test bump up to 150 and the avatars dominate the screen--it's more "hey look at me!" than "hey look what I posted". It's super distracting. The only way it wouldn't be distracting is if we disallowed animated avatars. And I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a smaller animated avatar than a larger static avatar.:shrug: 

39 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

They're at 110 x 110. I just did a test bump up to 150 and the avatars dominate the screen--it's more "hey look at me!" than "hey look what I posted". It's super distracting. The only way it wouldn't be distracting is if we disallowed animated avatars. And I'm sorry, but I'd rather have a smaller animated avatar than a larger static avatar.:shrug: 

But it wan't an issue a month ago.

8 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

@Emblazon

Not to sound selfish, but what about doing a 110/120 x 160? I like the longer vertical look to icons (it's just different from other forums), and people with 1x1 icons will still look fine without being giant imo. Or would the system auto stretch images and make 1x1 icons look skewed?

The system is being really wonky with the CSS lately. I'm going to have to deep dick dive into it this weekend. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...