Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

I MIGHT have your Avatar

Empahsis on the word MIGHT.

Before everything truly went to hell, I transferred the "uploads" directory from our Dreamhost server to my PC.  Looking through it, I'm pretty sure I see Avatars.  If you think you've lost yours, provide me with a description and I'll take a look to see if it's in that directory.

@SFLUFAN On the version I'm looking at the modified dates are from 2012 for some reason, but you can use the old member IDs to find people quickly. For the av-### (could be #### or ##### depending on member ID length) ones the ### is the old member ID. So for example av-271.jpg was @-Chris's icon (although what I've attached seems more like a thumbnail).

av-271.jpg

it was Tom Servo, looked something like this. I can't remember exactly what picture I used. 

dGCHfWhS_400x400.jpg

h5aYOdx.gif

That is the biggest I can find at the moment

Hmm, that is also how big it was in you posts. May not be a bigger version 

S9hvq0z.png

LOL never mind @elbobo

tom.gif

I just went on google, typed in "tom servo", clicked on tools, changed color to transparent, and bam.   

If -Chris doesn't have his icon then here is this

2017-01-26-image-2.jpg

Mine looks like the one I'm using now so I might not need it. Nokra had done something to the one I originally used to clean it up or something and I seem to have the original on my PC (dated to 2010) but not the fixed version. I redownloaded the image so it's possible what I have now might be higher quality but it might be nice to compare.

I have all mine on imgur but will refrain from changing until we free the icon ratios again

@ideaofevil

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Laughing kefka 

?

4EUj.gif

@dualhunter 

I just looked and unfortunately I don't believe I have the cleaned up version anymore, but if you want to send me what you've got, I can clean it up. :D

@Nokra Do you remember what the issue was? Does the current icon look fine? The resolution is higher than on my old one so it might not even need fixing.

@dualhunter I think the problem was just that it has a white background, so viewing your avatar on any darker-colored theme shows an obvious border:

7DwHCpP.png

Here's a version of your avatar with the white background removed:

DMAd6Lp.png

Since I was only able to get the image from your current avatar the quality may not be the best, but at least it doesn't have the border on the darker themes. If you have a larger, higher-res version of the image I'm happy to fix that instead. :D

Edit - 

Here's what the cleaned-up version looks like on the black theme:

RJk3KIW.png

You still have some white assiness to clean up on the edges especially around the arm and the foot on the left.

Had been using the bread turtle, but I couldn't find that pic anymore so I switch it and used the same one I use on twitter, a cropped version of one of my book covers. 

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Had been using the bread turtle, but I couldn't find that pic anymore so I switch it and used the same one I use on twitter, a cropped version of one of my book covers. 

So hard to find it was the first result

turtle_loaf.jpg

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So hard to find it was the first result

turtle_loaf.jpg

lol, I just meant I couldn't find it on my computer, which I suppose isn't surprising because it's a different computer from when D1P first started. 

I just got back on this site and am seeing the icon size being back to a 1:1 ratio =(

Are there any plans for them to be free'd up larger again? It looks like all the different site themes all stick to the 1:1 ratio, even

3 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I just got back on this site and am seeing the icon size being back to a 1:1 ratio =(

Are there any plans for them to be free'd up larger again? It looks like all the different site themes all stick to the 1:1 ratio, even

I've mentioned this several times to @Emblazon

I think his lack of an answer means that the higher ups must be pulling some strings to keep them small and youtube embeds huge.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've mentioned this several times to @Emblazon

I think his lack of an answer means that the higher ups must be pulling some strings to keep them small and youtube embeds huge.

I will happily be overriden, but I feel different shape avatars just look goofy on the site. @SFLUFAN @Jason