~*Official Thread of Wade Being An Easy Mark*~

This morning on my way into the office, I heard NPR interview one of the journalists that broke the story. He said their two sources have access to written evidence that Trump directed him to lie. They have other sources that corroborate their two law enforcement sources, but they won't go on the record. 

• Guillotine 1

10 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

This morning on my way into the office, I heard NPR interview one of the journalists the broke the story. He said their two sources have access to written evidence that Trump directed him to lie. They have other sources that corroborate their two law enforcement sources, but they won't go on the record. 

kiF6srr.gif

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

This morning on my way into the office, I heard NPR interview one of the journalists the broke the story. He said their two sources have access to written evidence that Trump directed him to lie. They have other sources that corroborate their two law enforcement sources, but they won't go on the record. 

I wonder what kind of written evidence it could be since Trump doesn't email or text. My guess would be the written stuff would be other Trump Org. Folks talking about it backed up by more compelling evidence.

Edit: Also one of the writers of the story apparently has a sketchy past.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wonder what kind of written evidence it could be since Trump doesn't email or text. My guess would be the written stuff would be other Trump Org. Folks talking about it backed up by more compelling evidence.

Edit: Also one of the writers of the story apparently has a sketchy past.

It sounds like a pretty solid story to me. I think the one bit of wiggle room that is hinted at is, that like you said, I wonder if the documentary evidence is not first hand Trump, it is others discussing it.

While this would be strong evidence of guilt(why would people working for Trump lie to incriminate him years before they knew this was an issue in emails they thought were private?) this will give Trump just enough plausible deniability to satisfy his cult when he denies it.

Of course, there is also the wrinkle that most of the hypothetical employees who could be discussing this are related to Trump. So it would be fun seeing Trump start covfefeing his kids.

37 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

Is that a stoke? He is not making any sense.

He’s saying that jabroni marks don’t know when something is fake or real, then they work themselves up and convince themselves that something fake is actually real. 

For evidence of this happening in politics look to everyone that spams the feels emoji. Marks, every one of them. :p

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

He’s saying that jabroni marks don’t know when something is fake or real, then they work themselves up and convince themselves that something fake is actually real. 

For evidence of this happening in politics look to everyone that spams the feels emoji. Marks, every one of them. :p

This would not be the first time Buzzfeed was six months ahead of the NYT et al on Trump-Russia news.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

This would not be the first time Buzzfeed was six months ahead of the NYT et al on Trump-Russia news.

Also not the first time they’d be wrong, too, so... keep thinking the work is a shoot, marks.

EDIT - @Chris- I prefer chocolate chunks to morsels, and I like my cookies with just a little sea salt. Thanks.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

It sounds like a pretty solid story to me. I think the one bit of wiggle room that is hinted at is, that like you said, I wonder if the documentary evidence is not first hand Trump, it is others discussing it.

While this would be strong evidence of guilt(why would people working for Trump lie to incriminate him years before they knew this was an issue in emails they thought were private?) this will give Trump just enough plausible deniability to satisfy his cult when he denies it.

Of course, there is also the wrinkle that most of the hypothetical employees who could be discussing this are related to Trump. So it would be fun seeing Trump start covfefeing his kids.

I was just telling a buddy that I would bet folding money that Cohen taped Trump and others and Mueller has all that stuff. If Cohen taped him about the Stormy Daniels stuff, why wouldn't he tape him about this which is far more serious?

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was just telling a buddy that I would bet folding money that Cohen tapped Trump and others and Mueller has all that stuff. If Cohen taped him about the Stormy Daniels stuff, why wouldn't he tape him about this which is far more serious?

That would be amazing.

In this clusterfuck of a presidency we have a hard time keeping facts straight as the news cycle fly by, but perhaps even worse we forget how moments *felt* at the time they happened 

What I mean here is that it is rarely mentioned just how pants shittingly terrified Trump sounded when he first learned Cohen was raided and what that meant. He sounded like he expected the FBI to kick in the Oval Office door and cuff him at any minute. Like everything else, Trump road it out and that just became the new baseline, but if you go back and read the event as it occurred, I think it suggests Trump knows or suspects they got something big on him when they got Cohen's records.

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

That would be amazing.

In this clusterfuck of a presidency we have a hard time keeping facts straight as the news cycle fly by, but perhaps even worse we forget how moments *felt* at the time they happened 

What I mean here is that it is rarely mentioned just how pants shittingly terrified Trump sounded when he first learned Cohen was raided and what that meant. He sounded like he expected the FBI to kick in the Oval Office door and cuff him at any minute. Like everything else, Trump road it out and that just became the new baseline, but if you go back and read the event as it occurred, I think it suggests Trump knows or suspects they got something big on him when they got Cohen's records.

Don't forget that Trump practically ran away from the tree lighting ceremony in December when he was told that Cohen had reached a plea deal with Mueller and the SDNY. 

• Haha 1