Star Trek: Discovery season 2 open spoilers discussion thread

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Light and Shadows.

I had read an article about Spock and Micheal going to Talos IV before catching up with the past two episodes. I was interested to see how they got there.

For anyone not intimately aware of the fairly convoluted details of the ToS Pike Pilot, the Menagerie, and Pike himself I would suggest giving this a read and maybe watching them for a refresher.

For instance, 

To clarify the timeline of all of the Talos IV visits, the first one took place in “The Cage” in 2254. This will make Discovery‘s impending visit the second one, since it’s taking place in 2257, and the events of “The Menagerie,” where Spock returns with a badly damaged Pike, happen in 2267. The big takeaway here is that Pike’s visit to Talos IV happened three years before this season of Discovery.

One impression I got from the preview is that it's a bummer they changed how the big brain aliens look. I am someone who doesn't care much for ToS because it's effects and tech are so jarringly outdated, but the brain guys from the Pilot and Menagerie looked quite good. Discovery's look detracts from the visceral look of huge brains to almost look like they have simple cranial ridges or something, imho.

I thought recapping The Cage as the "previously on Star Trek" segment was a really nice touch (and fuck me if I didn't have a moment of wondering if I'd accidentally clicked on the wrong thing on the CBS site :lol:). I think it would have felt like SUPER empty fanservice last season, but I feel like they've been doing a sufficiently good of doing a better job this season that it felt nice instead of hollow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason said:

I thought recapping The Cage as the "previously on Star Trek" segment was a really nice touch (and fuck me if I didn't have a moment of wondering if I'd accidentally clicked on the wrong thing on the CBS site :lol:). I think it would have felt like SUPER empty fanservice last season, but I feel like they've been doing a sufficiently good of doing a better job this season that it felt nice instead of hollow.

It's worse in Canada since it's on Space, so it's on right after DS9 and they show commercials mentioning that they show all the old Treks. So is it just a commercial, is there no new episode this week so they're showing The Cage instead? It didn't help that I was distracted while it played, but then it was back to Discovery.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, Jason said:

I'm pretty sure it's been explicitly stated that this is supposed to be the Prime timeline (so basically, the timeline pre-JJ).

It's in the Prime timeline of the JJ verse. There are essentially 3 timelines in Star Tre now:

Cannon timeline - TOS, Animated, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and all Star Trek movies prior to 2009.

Prime Timeline - Referencedin the 2009 Star Trek movie. The "Prime" timeline is different than the cannon timeline because due to rights issues, Paramount had to keep it 25% different.

Kelvin Timeline.

This episode answers a lot of questions not just about what is going on in this season but where the hell is advanced AI and automation in later Trek but raises some troubling issues. So Control is the start of powerful AI gone bad and probably the worst example that the federation will run into with M-5 from TOS being a relatively minor in comparison. So 2 major problems with AI one of which is potentially galactic annihilation level bad over the course of 10 years or so, that could definitely turn starfleet off of AI for a long long time, that would explain why we don't see it in the TNG era even though the computers seemingly are capable of creating it with Moriarty.

Now for Airiam, how much of her was still human? She has to download her memories periodically to make room implying that her brain is not organic, so is her whole head machinery? I guess she has lungs still since she can't survive in a vacuum but it really seems like there is not much human in there at all and this goes miles beyond anything we ever see again in Trek again, even the Borg aren't anywhere near this level of replacement parts. Is the technology banned like I'm going to assume advanced AI will be? If so does that mean the federation is actively allowing people to die from major injuries that could be saved?

12 minutes ago, elbobo said:

This episode answers a lot of questions not just about what is going on in this season but where the hell is advanced AI and automation in later Trek but raises some troubling issues. So Control is the start of powerful AI gone bad and probably the worst example that the federation will run into with M-5 from TOS being a relatively minor in comparison. So 2 major problems with AI one of which is potentially galactic annihilation level bad over the course of 10 years or so, that could definitely turn starfleet off of AI for a long long time, that would explain why we don't see it in the TNG era even though the computers seemingly are capable of creating it with Moriarty.

Now for Airiam, how much of her was still human? She has to download her memories periodically to make room implying that her brain is not organic, so is her whole head machinery? I guess she has lungs still since she can't survive in a vacuum but it really seems like there is not much human in there at all and this goes miles beyond anything we ever see again in Trek again, even the Borg aren't anywhere near this level of replacement parts. Is the technology banned like I'm going to assume advanced AI will be? If so does that mean the federation is actively allowing people to die from major injuries that could be saved?

Advanced AI was never banned. Control was first conceived in DS9, and there’s been many books written about it. In the books, Julian and Ezri destroy it with the help of Data (who was brought back in comics and print years later, going on to captain enterprise). It was in charge of Sloan and his men in DS9. So it’s not a new concept. 

Data is is also an advanced AI, of course.

48 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Advanced AI was never banned. Control was first conceived in DS9, and there’s been many books written about it. In the books, Julian and Ezri destroy it with the help of Data (who was brought back in comics and print years later, going on to captain enterprise). It was in charge of Sloan and his men in DS9. So it’s not a new concept. 

Data is is also an advanced AI, of course.

I wouldn't count anything that happens in the books or comics that could be turned into EU style legends from star wars at a moments notice.

Data wasn't built by the federation or starfleet he was made by a slightly crazy genius operating on his own and based on how starfleet treated Data in measure of a man and Lal in the offspring it is clear that advanced AI are not high on their list of protected species. 

2 hours ago, elbobo said:

I wouldn't count anything that happens in the books or comics that could be turned into EU style legends from star wars at a moments notice.

Data wasn't built by the federation or starfleet he was made by a slightly crazy genius operating on his own and based on how starfleet treated Data in measure of a man and Lal in the offspring it is clear that advanced AI are not high on their list of protected species. 

I know books aren’t canon. My point was Section 31’s Control AI has been around for 20 years. 

Of fucking course the red angel is related to burnham because why wouldn't it be. I swear the Burnham's are more critical to the discovery universe than the Skywalker's are to star wars.

What is going on with Tilly this season? Last year she was the young rookie with a kind of quirky personality that wanted to be commanding officer at some point now she is completely unprofessional and can't even get a single sentence out without going on a "goofy I guess we are supposed to find this endearing" tangent. 

Burnham is an emotional wreak every episode, Tilly got completely Flanderized, it is like the writers turned everyone up to 11.

Pike seems to be barely around now and he was easily the best part of the show. This episode might be my tipping point. 

16 hours ago, elbobo said:

Of fucking course the red angel is related to burnham because why wouldn't it be. I swear the Burnham's are more critical to the discovery universe than the Skywalker's are to star wars.

What is going on with Tilly this season? Last year she was the young rookie with a kind of quirky personality that wanted to be commanding officer at some point now she is completely unprofessional and can't even get a single sentence out without going on a "goofy I guess we are supposed to find this endearing" tangent. 

Burnham is an emotional wreak every episode, Tilly got completely Flanderized, it is like the writers turned everyone up to 11.

Pike seems to be barely around now and he was easily the best part of the show. This episode might be my tipping point. 

I'm shocked that the lead in a series might have the events of that series revolve around her. 

Discovery has some problems, but this season has been fantastic. It is exponentially better than the first season. 

Tilly is in the command training program now, so she is supposed to speak up when she has something to say. Her personality hasnt changed, she is just more assertive now. Burnham is learning to deal with emotions she tried to bury her whole life. I don't love the character, but all of those events would be deeply emotional. 

Where the hell did admiral Cornwell go this episode? They are making plans that could potentially save or kill every living being in the galaxy and they do not consult the ranking officer on the ship?!?!?!

The red angel suit is way to advanced to be made 20 years before this series, it would be pushing things if it was post-Voyager. Infinite storage and computing power, travels through time, is the size of a person.

Please don't make Control the origin of the Borg

On 4/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, elbobo said:

Pike getting his ghost of christmas future moment was good. Glad to see Reno back, she should be used more like every other secondary character. Admiral Cornwell still inexplicably missing. 

Pike is like an oasis of real Trek in a series where, even at it's best, usually feels a little off.

You are a Starfleet Captain. You beleive in service, sacrifice, compassion, and love. No, I'm not going to abandon the things that make me who I am because of a future that contains an ending I hadn't foreseen for myself. No.

There are moments in Star Trek that stick with you. That encapsulates the best of Trek and what sets itself apart from other scifi. 

This moment with Pike may be the first truly defining moment for a Captain that Discovery has had. 

I think it was @Jason that basically said he felt Discovery went from exploiting Trek history and canon to honoring it with season 2. Which is funny, because that is also maybe the biggest contrast between why Enterprise struggled in s1 and s2 vs. what they did in s4. They went from just using up Trek lore(like cheap and disruptive Ferengi and Borg episodes hundreds of years before they should have happened) to intertwining and building on Trek lore in s4.

I feel like that is what Discovery has done with Pike. The season hasn't been perfect, but it feels like a season I will return to because of how well they have used their story to tie into and honor a small, but memorable character from Trek lore. Going back and watching The Cage and Menagerie feels like a fuller experience now, and I think that speaks to how well they have done Pike.

Probably the best episode of the season at least the first half. Glad to see exploding consoles still contain rocks because it is the Trek-way damnit. 

Georgiou had the best lines this episode but I still don't like how everyone is cool with space-Hitler, she has been in this universe for what a few months at most.

Little confused on why everyone is staying on Discovery, are they signing up for a one way ticket so Michael won't be alone? Spock has to get off at some point.

I know ships always travel at the speed of plot in Trek but Sarek and Amanda showing up is too much, it is GoT season 7 level bad. Are they still on Discovery too? 

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

Probably the best episode of the season at least the first half. Glad to see exploding consoles still contain rocks because it is the Trek-way damnit. 

Georgiou had the best lines this episode but I still don't like how everyone is cool with space-Hitler, she has been in this universe for what a few months at most.

Little confused on why everyone is staying on Discovery, are they signing up for a one way ticket so Michael won't be alone? Spock has to get off at some point.

I know ships always travel at the speed of plot in Trek but Sarek and Amanda showing up is too much, it is GoT season 7 level bad. Are they still on Discovery too? 

I could have sworn I saw their ship take off right after their big good bye scene.

Georgiou's final words to Pike were probably straight out awesome because up until this point, I kind of assumed everyone knew she was from the Mirror Universe, and his "what mirror universe" kind of brought it home to me.

The last half of this seasons has been, in my opinion, the type of Trek that makes me a Trekkie in so many ways. For most of this show, I've been ambivalent about most of the crew (or so I thought I was), but when they were all kind of saying their good byes one by one, I realized how much I actually appreciated quite a few members of this crew.

Part of me wonders if this is going to be a Voyager type of show going forward next season, where instead of the Delta Quadrant they'd be trapped hundreds/thousands of years  in the future. It wouldn't surprise me because the show has always felt like it was slightly out of time/dimension no matter where it was. They've done a good job of resetting Discovery back into the regular universe so much that I'm hoping for one more type of time travel episode where they return to a period of time before CBS decided to put the show behind  its stupid pay app.

Knowing the way this show has been going so far (with pitfalls that seem opposite of what you expect), part of me suspects that they'll time travel backwards instead of forwards as planned, somehow removing Discovery from the time line completely.

1 hour ago, brucoe said:

I could have sworn I saw their ship take off right after their big good bye scene.

Georgiou's final words to Pike were probably straight out awesome because up until this point, I kind of assumed everyone knew she was from the Mirror Universe, and his "what mirror universe" kind of brought it home to me.

The last half of this seasons has been, in my opinion, the type of Trek that makes me a Trekkie in so many ways. For most of this show, I've been ambivalent about most of the crew (or so I thought I was), but when they were all kind of saying their good byes one by one, I realized how much I actually appreciated quite a few members of this crew.

Part of me wonders if this is going to be a Voyager type of show going forward next season, where instead of the Delta Quadrant they'd be trapped hundreds/thousands of years  in the future. It wouldn't surprise me because the show has always felt like it was slightly out of time/dimension no matter where it was. They've done a good job of resetting Discovery back into the regular universe so much that I'm hoping for one more type of time travel episode where they return to a period of time before CBS decided to put the show behind  its stupid pay app.

Knowing the way this show has been going so far (with pitfalls that seem opposite of what you expect), part of me suspects that they'll time travel backwards instead of forwards as planned, somehow removing Discovery from the time line completely.

I hope a time traveling Janeway shows up and kills Michael's parents before she's conceived. 

Wasn't it way back before the series started they were talking about how Discovery might be an anthology Trek with a different crew every season? And then, kind of relatedly, when people were complaining about being set in ToS era they mentioned Discovery wouldn't be confined there?

I was reminded of that when the crew decided to join Micheal. It really seems like they are setting the whole crew up to get caught somewhere in the future(possibly for the whole 3rd season or even the rest of the series).

From the previews it looks like the upcoming battle will be causing people to leave Discoveryand the Enterprise to fight in the shuttles and such. If Discovery is flung into the future at the very end, an obvious tell for if they will be stuck there or find a way home at the beginning of the 3rd season will be if Spock leaves Discovery because of some circumstance in the battle and gets stuck back on Enterprise. If Spock is on Discovery, then they'll be back relatively soon. If on Enterprise, I think they are going to be stuck there for quite a while.

I am already getting a Voyager vibe from Discovery getting caught in time rather than the Delta Quantrant.

It is funny that @Jason said that about Micheal. Because I was thinking that at this point they really need to just make her captain. The show already revolves around her, making her captain would eliminate the constant dissonance of having Lower Deck Lite syndrome where we're constantly following Data/Chakotay/T'pol around instead of the captain.

What is already giving me a Voyager vibe is I am wondering if you'll get a Janeway/Chakotay relationship between Micheal and Saru since they kind of left it up in the air who would take the captain's seat(I believe protocol would clearly call for Saru to take it, but like I said I think the series would benefit from giving it to Micheal).

Also, am I the only one who(even though I strongly suspected) was kind of disappointed they didn't blow up Discovery?

God damn it is an ugly ship and the series would benefit greatly from created some plot device to get the crew a new ride

On a side note, besides Controls obvious similarities to the Borg, has anyone else noticed that the sphere they got the info from is very reminiscent of the spheres from the Xindi arc. And the last 4 episodes or so have had a DS9 feel. Someone here criticized how dues ex machina Micheal and her family had become to the Galaxy, but that is similar to what happened to Ben. When was the Emissary, who turned put to be half wormhole alien, who used those things to save the entire galaxy. And on top of that, the time crystal seemed to act damn similarly to an Orb of the Prophets.

I don't know if there are actual storyline connections in any of those things, but they felt reminiscent to me.

One last thing. I hear that the Picard series is actually starting to film this Monday. When I heard that I had this crazy idea that they might pull a Marvelian move of adding a quick shot, super secret ending to Discovery where they hop into the future and are staring face to face with the Enterprise. I know that is impossible, and wouldn't fit with the story of what is already reported for the Picard series. But just the thought of Captain Jean Luc Picard being on screen for 10 seconds is enough to make me freak out on fanboying like a diabetic eating 10 candy bars :p

That all said, if Discovery is flung into the future(hell, or the past) there is a lot of interesting possibilities. They couldn't do Picard's Stargazer, for obvious reasons, but maybe Garrett's Enterprise C. I have made clear how much I hate Trek being stuck in the ToS era mud for the past two goddamn decades, but if there is one interesting era left in Trek to explore besides post-2381 it would be in the gap between ToS and TNG(I wouldn't mind seeing between Enterprise and ToS, but I don't think that's in the cards).

22 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Wasn't it way back before the series started they were talking about how Discovery might be an anthology Trek with a different crew every season? And then, kind of relatedly, when people were complaining about being set in ToS era they mentioned Discovery wouldn't be confined there?

I was reminded of that when the crew decided to join Micheal. It really seems like they are setting the whole crew up to get caught somewhere in the future(possibly for the whole 3rd season or even the rest of the series).

From the previews it looks like the upcoming battle will be causing people to leave Discoveryand the Enterprise to fight in the shuttles and such. If Discovery is flung into the future at the very end, an obvious tell for if they will be stuck there or find a way home at the beginning of the 3rd season will be if Spock leaves Discovery because of some circumstance in the battle and gets stuck back on Enterprise. If Spock is on Discovery, then they'll be back relatively soon. If on Enterprise, I think they are going to be stuck there for quite a while.

That's an interesting idea I hadn't though of. Although I'm kind of leaning toward thinking they're gonna introduce the NCC-1031-A in season 3. They've been bringing in the Short Trek material, so it seems pretty obvious that the finale is gonna be the setup for Calypso. And if they're going to abandon the ship in the future, out-of-universe logic suggests that they're going to introduce a new ship called Discovery given the name of the show.

I am already getting a Voyager vibe from Discovery getting caught in time rather than the Delta Quantrant.

It is funny that @Jason said that about Micheal. Because I was thinking that at this point they really need to just make her captain. The show already revolves around her, making her captain would eliminate the constant dissonance of having Lower Deck Lite syndrome where we're constantly following Data/Chakotay/T'pol around instead of the captain. 

What is already giving me a Voyager vibe is I am wondering if you'll get a Janeway/Chakotay relationship between Micheal and Saru since they kind of left it up in the air who would take the captain's seat(I believe protocol would clearly call for Saru to take it, but like I said I think the series would benefit from giving it to Micheal).

Also, am I the only one who(even though I strongly suspected) was kind of disappointed they didn't blow up Discovery?

I was really hoping they were teeing up writing off Michael and then had my hopes dashed when Spock stayed behind. :(

On a side note, besides Controls obvious similarities to the Borg, has anyone else noticed that the sphere they got the info from is very reminiscent of the spheres from the Xindi arc. And the last 4 episodes or so have had a DS9 feel. Someone here criticized how dues ex machina Micheal and her family had become to the Galaxy, but that is similar to what happened to Ben. When was the Emissary, who turned put to be half wormhole alien, who used those things to save the entire galaxy. And on top of that, the time crystal seemed to act damn similarly to an Orb of the Prophets.

I think the difference is that while how Sisko became the Emissary is obviously kind of plotforce-contrived, they spent a lot of time developing that before Sisko was able to actively make use of it to get the wormhole aliens to do stuff for him. Whereas we're not really given any setup for why Michael is so important, she just is.

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's an interesting idea I hadn't though of. Although I'm kind of leaning toward thinking they're gonna introduce the NCC-1031-A in season 3. They've been bringing in the Short Trek material, so it seems pretty obvious that the finale is gonna be the setup for Calypso. And if they're going to abandon the ship in the future, out-of-universe logic suggests that they're going to introduce a new ship called Discovery given the name of the show.

Another benefit of shot putting Discovery into the future is that is somewhat alleviated the running continuity clusterfuck that is the Spore drive.

Though, I suppose it works whether the crew goes with her or not.

1. Is Calypso the upcoming Section 31 series?

2. I saw someone on a comments section suggest they send Discovery on it's way and then give the crew a rechristened Constellation class named Discovery. While I would certainly take that over the current monstrosity, I don't really wanted them flying around in an Enterprise with the name crossed out :p

Though, it would be pretty fitting in Trek lore. Since we saw the Constellation class Defiant stranded in time, and then the next ship we saw with that name was destroyed in battle and resurrected with a rechristening of its own.

I was really hoping they were teeing up writing off Michael and then had my hopes dashed when Spock stayed behind. :(

I like Micheal. I think they have done her character well for the most part. I just think the setup is wrong. While it is not the only problem in the series it just doesn't work to have the center of your series not be the captain.

Honestly, they have done such a poor job of fleshing out the crew that killing off Micheal would leave the series kind of adrift. A substantial amount of time in the first two seasons was spent building two captains that are now gone. 

While Saru's character is now one of the stronger characters on the show, he hasn't been set up to carry the show. Micheal as captain with Saru as her first officer would make a lot of pieces click into place for me.

I think the difference is that while how Sisko became the Emissary is obviously kind of plotforce-contrived, they spent a lot of time developing that before Sisko was able to actively make use of it to get the wormhole aliens to do stuff for him. Whereas we're not really given any setup for why Michael is so important, she just is.

It's easier to be more charitable after you've seen all 7 seasons. For a long time we were told Ben was the chosen one because he gave the Bajoran's goosebumps when the grabbed his ear :p

29 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

1. Is Calypso the upcoming Section 31 series?

It's the short Trek where the Defiant is in the future with no crew on board.

2. I saw someone on a comments section suggest they send Discovery on it's way and then give the crew a rechristened Constellation class named Discovery. While I would certainly take that over the current monstrosity, I don't really wanted them flying around in an Enterprise with the name crossed out :p

There's no way they built that Enterprise bridge for a single episode. :p Apparently it's made of metal and shit too, and isn't just cheap plywood.

Micheal

y u spell so bad

I like Micheal. I think they have done her character well for the most part. I just think the setup is wrong. While it is not the only problem in the series it just doesn't work to have the center of your series not be the captain.

Honestly, they have done such a poor job of fleshing out the crew that killing off Micheal would leave the series kind of adrift. A substantial amount of time in the first two seasons was spent building two captains that are now gone. 

While Saru's character is now one of the stronger characters on the show, he hasn't been set up to carry the show. Micheal as captain with Saru as her first officer would make a lot of pieces click into place for me. 

The upshot is that getting rid of her would make it a lot easier to make it more of an ensemble show. She would be fine as part of an ensemble, and they've kinda-sorta started to do that, but there's still too much dead weight with having to bring everything back to Michael.

It was also a shame that they didn't spend more time on Airiam before killing her. Both because she was actually an interesting character, and it really undercut the audience investment in the moment that the only real build-up she got was immediately before getting offed.

Did you guys not watch the short episode where Discovery is parked somewhere in the future with no crew and has become self-aware? Presumably the sphere data is why it became self-aware. While Discovery will eventually end up in the future it won't necessarily be because of time travel since in the short it had been parked for a long time. The plan in the next episode could fail or if it succeeds they could go back and forth through time. If the short is supposed to represent the result of the season (or start of next season if they do a cliff-hanger) then they'll need a new Discovery (it'd be weird to have the series called Discovery if they all just go to a new ship or the Enterprise) but if it refers to events after the eventual end of the series the could end up any with the same ship next season. Don't they have 2 more signals to find? If they do succeed in going to the future I'd imagine they'll set up the remaining signals for the Enterprise to find and maybe the last one is to set up for the crew getting back to their time.

3 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

Did you guys not watch the short episode where Discovery is parked somewhere in the future with no crew and has become self-aware? Presumably the sphere data is why it became self-aware. While Discovery will eventually end up in the future it won't necessarily be because of time travel since in the short it had been parked for a long time. The plan in the next episode could fail or if it succeeds they could go back and forth through time. If the short is supposed to represent the result of the season (or start of next season if they do a cliff-hanger) then they'll need a new Discovery (it'd be weird to have the series called Discovery if they all just go to a new ship or the Enterprise) but if it refers to events after the eventual end of the series the could end up any with the same ship next season. Don't they have 2 more signals to find? If they do succeed in going to the future I'd imagine they'll set up the remaining signals for the Enterprise to find and maybe the last one is to set up for the crew getting back to their time.

I'm not sure why you think this is an either-or. They're presumably not writing out all of these characters, and it's not like what I suggested depends on them jumping to any specific point in the future. So it would work if this is the setup for Calypso.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not sure why you think this is an either-or. They're presumably not writing out all of these characters, and it's not like what I suggested depends on them jumping to any specific point in the future. So it would work if this is the setup for Calypso.

Initially I didn't get your post and my response was initially to say I'm not sure what you mean and summarize what I was trying to say in my last post but then I looked at your previous post more closely and I think I understand what you're saying. Maybe you shouldn't have made fun of Chairslinger's spelling. Discovery is spelled D-i-s-c-o-v-e-r-y not D-e-f-i-a-n-t :silly:

With that little correction I think I understand your response. I had forgot the name of the short but seeing the wrong ship name certainly didn't help my memory.

9 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

Initially I didn't get your post and my response was initially to say I'm not sure what you mean and summarize what I was trying to say in my last post but then I looked at your previous post more closely and I think I understand what you're saying. Maybe you shouldn't have made fun of Chairslinger's spelling. Discovery is spelled D-i-s-c-o-v-e-r-y not D-e-f-i-a-n-t :silly:

With that little correction I think I understand your response. I had forgot the name of the short but seeing the wrong ship name certainly didn't help my memory.

I have not seen the short. I almost never watch webisodes, so I kind of hate when they put vital info in them.

Also, I think maybe you misunderstood my reference. I was talking about how the Constellation class Defiant was lost in ToS. It eventually turned up in the mirror universe 100 years in the past in Through a Mirror Darkly on Enterprise. So that ship was also lost in time. Then, the Defiant class Defiant in DS9 was destroyed in The Changing Face of Evil only to return in The Fogs of War by rechristening the San Paulo as the Defiant.

While a bit convoluted, I was pointing out that in a roundabout way that would make it kind of fitting that another ship, lost in time, might have its name rechristened upon a Constellation class ship.

14 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

I6WINPo.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2