Days Gone OT - Queasy Rider (Update: Horde DLC)

Pikachu

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/days-gone-ps4/

Coming April 26th, 2019! Pre Order Days Gone today to get the following.

On the PS Store
Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:
DAYS GONE SAWMILL DYNAMIC THEME

Pre-order and receive the following at launch:
DRIFTER CROSSBOW EARLY UNLOCK
NITROUS UPGRADE #1
GAS TANK UPGRADE #1
SHROUD UPGRADE #1

At Participating Retailers
Pre-order and receive a voucher for the following at launch:
DRIFTER CROSSBOW EARLY UNLOCK
NITROUS UPGRADE #1
GAS TANK UPGRADE #1
SHROUD UPGRADE #1

Special Editions: 

46716749612_731eea45e7_h.jpg

46769726911_a9b229bef5_h.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I get the feeling this is essential Zombie: Zero Dawn, yes? 

I have seen very little in common besides trees in both games!

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I found you guys a pretty sweet deal!

W81towO.png

Okay, I laughed. :lol: 

I'm still gonna spend less than $60 still being a GCU member. *cries* Gonna miss that.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, crispy4000 said:

Gotta watch this soon. The open-world looks really cool in the sense that there are no safe places. In most open-worlds, I can probably chill in one area and be fine.

Middle-earth did cool stuff like that where an enemy would sneak up on you for revenge.

RDR2 did cool stuff like that where bounty hunters would find you/ambush you.

This looks to be that on steroids.

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Gotta watch this soon. The open-world looks really cool in the sense that there are no safe places. In most open-worlds, I can probably chill in one area and be fine.

Middle-earth did cool stuff like that where an enemy would sneak up on you for revenge.

RDR2 did cool stuff like that where bounty hunters would find you/ambush you.

This looks to be that on steroids.

It does sound like you can clear nests to make it safer to travel though.  I wonder if it'd actually be better to travel at night once you've done that.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, crispy4000 said:

On 2/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, Pikachu said:

Finally got around to watching them both. I like these kinds of "dive in" videos. The concept of having this one bike, having to get fuel for it (so it's not just infinite transportation), upgrading it, seems really fun and cool. I hope it makes traversal a blast throughout the map.

Yeah, these are about as good promo vids as this game could hope for.  It's still very 'zombies,' which is a criticism (?) that will never go away.  But from the reactions I've seen, they've swayed quite a few opinions with these featurettes.  Game looks fantastic visually. I like that we're getting both this and RE2 early this year.  Two very different takes.

I just hope it all comes together.  It is Bend's first big budget game in earnest since Uncharted in Vita, if not the PS1 days.

12 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Yeah, these are about as good promo vids as this game could hope for.  It's still very 'zombies,' which is a criticism (?) that will never go away.  But from the reactions I've seen, they've swayed quite a few opinions with these featurettes.  Game looks fantastic visually. I like that we're getting both this and RE2 early this year.  Two very different takes.

I just hope it all comes together.  It is Bend's first big budget game in earnest since Uncharted in Vita, if not the PS1 days.

I don't have the expectations for this game that I would for Uncharted/God of War/Horizon, but I hope it's good enough and does as well as I think it might do to help Bend further expand. It's been forgotten for a while as it's focused on mainly handheld games, and it'd be cool for them to be talked about in a stronger light like Naughty Dog/Guerrilla/Santa Monica.

24 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't have the expectations for this game that I would for Uncharted/God of War/Horizon, but I hope it's good enough and does as well as I think it might do to help Bend further expand. It's been forgotten for a while as it's focused on mainly handheld games, and it'd be cool for them to be talked about in a stronger light like Naughty Dog/Guerrilla/Santa Monica.

Folks poo-pooed Horizon as well until it came out. Remember,  Guerilla Games was only known for Killzone at that point and folks weren't sure if they could pull off an openworld action RPG like Horizon. They pulled it off and given Sony's strong showing with first party games this gen, plus what I've seen of Days Gone, I'm pretty confident this game is gonna be on a bunch of "Best of lists" at the end of the year. Do we have any idea of how long it is generally at this point?

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Folks poo-pooed Horizon as well until it came out. Remember,  Guerilla Games was only known for Killzone at that point and folks weren't sure if they could pull off an openworld action RPG like Horizon. They pulled it off and given Sony's strong showing with first party games this gen, plus what I've seen of Days Gone, I'm pretty confident this game is gonna be on a bunch of "Best of lists" at the end of the year. Do we have any idea of how long it is generally at this point?

I haven't read anything about it yet. (EDIT: But looks like Wade saves the day!)

Yeah, I remember the concern trolling over Horizon. It's always weird when people start sharing "concerns" about a game in which they have no interest.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I haven't read anything about it yet. (EDIT: But looks like Wade saves the day!)

Yeah, I remember the concern trolling over Horizon. It's always weird when people start sharing "concerns" about a game in which they have no interest.

I go the easier route and just fully hate on things instead. It's so much more satisfying. 

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

I get the feeling this is essential Zombie: Zero Dawn, yes? 

The most recent couple of trailers give me the impression of State of Decay, with better graphics, and less sim. 

Makes me want to see what Undead Labs can do with a real budget.

This feels like the first Sony game in a long time where Sony is actively trying to sell you on the game.  I don’t know if that is due to a lack of confidence in the game so Sony is trying to load upfront sales or just giving Bend a platform to sell themselves.

I think it will sell well regardless.  The Ubisoft Open World formula is still going strong.