Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

Sony Days Gone OT - Queasy Rider (Update: Horde DLC)

Recommended Posts

Holy shit, I'm running into some glitches now. Can't enter a cave on a main mission because the entrance is blocked off by what looks liek a mud wall. I reloaded a save and got the same thing. I encountered it in another area I was trying to pass, as well. 

 

Ugh. I'm gonna close and restart the game and hope that does it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after closing the game and starting it back up, it worked. 

 

Too bad once I battled the boss, the game crashed and kicked me out. 

 

Goddamn, this is pretty bad for an AAA game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Holy shit, I'm running into some glitches now. Can't enter a cave on a main mission because the entrance is blocked off by what looks liek a mud wall. I reloaded a save and got the same thing. I encountered it in another area I was trying to pass, as well. 

 

Ugh. I'm gonna close and restart the game and hope that does it.

 

Believe it or not, I've seen quite a bit of people encounter that exact glitch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yeah, that's way more fleshed out than I thought it'd be.  There's no paid DLC proper coming right?  I'm okay with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Believe it or not, I've seen quite a bit of people encounter that exact glitch!

Yes, I know. I looked it up this morning when it happened. 

 

The bugs are really popping now. I'm ready to finish this thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm near the end, but I have no idea how I missed getting 100% on some of these missions. What gives?

 

Don't fret; that's not required for full completion. You're not missing out on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Don't fret; that's not required for full completion. You're not missing out on anything.

I don't care about full completion, I don't ever bother with platinums like some of you guys. I'm just wondering what's the deal with not fully completing a storyline when it's done. Like, I kinda wanted the gun you get with 100% on Iron Mike's storyline, but it's done and I'm only at 92%. Or the Lisa storyline seems to be done but I'm only at 90%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't care about full completion, I don't ever bother with platinums like some of you guys. I'm just wondering what's the deal with not fully completing a storyline when it's done. Like, I kinda wanted the gun you get with 100% on Iron Mike's storyline, but it's done and I'm only at 92%. Or the Lisa storyline seems to be done but I'm only at 90%. 


Trying to be unspoiler as possible. It is because they wanted to wrap up those storyline for after the dust settles. It make more sense in the grand scheme of things but it is annoying tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Littleronin said:


Trying to be unspoiler as possible. It is because they wanted to wrap up those storyline for after the dust settles. It make more sense in the grand scheme of things but it is annoying tbh. 

Supposed I'll find out soon enough. I hunted hordes for a while, maxed out my trust with the main 3 camps, now I'm back to wrapping up the story. Crafting resources seem to be getting harder to find, so I don't know if I'll get around to disposing of all the hordes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Supposed I'll find out soon enough. I hunted hordes for a while, maxed out my trust with the main 3 camps, now I'm back to wrapping up the story. Crafting resources seem to be getting harder to find, so I don't know if I'll get around to disposing of all the hordes.

 

You'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

 

You'll be fine.

Well, a lot of it is more like what's the point of hunting the remaining hordes once the game is finished and I've maxed out my trust level with the camps. 

 

I've enjoyed the game, minus the unforgivable bugs, but I'm kinda ready to move on to something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beat it, though I'm going to finish the remaining encampment jobs and hopefully get this "secret ending." I'd like to see what that's all about. I don't need to do anything special, just keep playing for a bit and it comes up? Because I haven't found all of the NERO intel or research sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, fighting these hordes can be a janky mess. Stumbled on one, decided to go ahead and fight it. No bar ever showed up to tell me my progress. Seemed like I should have them all or close to it. Run around a bit, nothing. Then the bar pops up with about a quarter to go, a new cluster spawns right on top of me, and I die. When it loads back, the rest of the horde is nowhere to be found, though it shows I haven't defeated it yet. I never could find it. Yet, I still had like 400 bounties from killings so many right before I died. 

 

That's part of what makes me want to give up trying to defeat them all. It's too damn glitchy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ I barely ran into any glitches or bugs with my experience. Very odd. I think you own a ps4 pro, correct? Just checking to see if you were playing on the base model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Beat it, though I'm going to finish the remaining encampment jobs and hopefully get this "secret ending." I'd like to see what that's all about. I don't need to do anything special, just keep playing for a bit and it comes up? Because I haven't found all of the NERO intel or research sites.

Yup, just keep playing and you'll get radio'd by O'Brien and it goes from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, best3444 said:

^^ I barely ran into any glitches or bugs with my experience. Very odd. I think you own a ps4 pro, correct? Just checking to see if you were playing on the base model. 

You're one of the lucky ones. The fact you didn't encounter much is what's odd. Yes, I'm playing on a Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bend grew during the development of this game. Based on how well it's doing worldwide, I expect Bend's going to grow some more, exactly what they need to polish their sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope so. I really did enjoy the game. It got kinda repetitive, as do most open world games, but the presentation, story, characters, music, all that was good. But the bugs were unforgivable. I've never had a game crash that much on me or had to reload so many times doe to game stopping glitches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally beat it! Man, long game, but worth it, and it never got repetitive. During the home stretch of the end I kept getting interrupted by life getting in the way, and I was dying to get back and wrap it up - still haven't done the post-credits ending yet - so the story definitely had me hooked, even if the final bit was a little too predictable. 

 

Overall I'm really glad I bought into the word of mouth. That was one of my favourite games in years,definitely going to keep coming back and clear out all the hordes and side stuff. 

 

Blows me away they only had four people responsible for designing that huge open world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

Finally beat it! Man, long game, but worth it, and it never got repetitive. During the home stretch of the end I kept getting interrupted by life getting in the way, and I was dying to get back and wrap it up - still haven't done the post-credits ending yet - so the story definitely had me hooked, even if the final bit was a little too predictable. 

 

Overall I'm really glad I bought into the word of mouth. That was one of my favourite games in years,definitely going to keep coming back and clear out all the hordes and side stuff. 

 

Blows me away they only had four people responsible for designing that huge open world. 

 

It makes me wonder what they can do for the sequel with a bigger team since the game started with 50 people working on it. The fact that they made it and I didn't feel it was getting repetitive is a really testament to the talent on this underrated team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game definitely felt repetitive, I don't know what you guys are smoking. :p Pretty much all open world games are repetitive to a degree.

 

I still enjoyed it a lot, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The game definitely felt repetitive, I don't know what you guys are smoking. :p Pretty much all open world games are repetitive to a degree.

 

I still enjoyed it a lot, though. 

 

Sure, the entirety of playing games is repetitive, I mainly meant that the story missions weren't dragging - they stayed fresh the whole time. It was always just shooting dudes or burning zombies, but there were interesting areas to be doing those things and for interesting reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there's also chasing down people on bikes.  Stealth / escape missions.  Taking on an ambushes with a partner.  Playing along in some more heavily scripted story sequence.  Etc.

 

I think a sequel could get more original in those tasks, but after those first two areas, the pacing is good.  I hope they keep the structure of letting you chose what order to do some story beats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly did not feel like it was getting repetitive at all. All the side missions felt fresh, and I honestly could have had to deal with a few more infestations and I wouldn't have complained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I honestly did not feel like it was getting repetitive at all. All the side missions felt fresh, and I honestly could have had to deal with a few more infestations and I wouldn't have complained.

 

Yeah, by the time I got really good at clearing out nests, there were no more nests to clear. I wanted more as well. 

 

One little thing I really liked that kept the side missions feeling fresh was the bits of context the quest giver gave them - instead of just saying "there's a group of raiders at this spot on your map, go kill them," they'd have a conversation that told a story:

"Hey deek, remember that kid Jason that rode in a few weeks back with his dad?"

"Mouthy brat, always looking to prove himself?"

"That's the one. Well he snuck off on a run and got himself captured... "

 

It wasn't a ton of detail or fleshed-out storytelling, but it was enough to liven up the mission and give more depth to the idea that this is a camp of people living their lives. There was a lot of good detail like that, especially from Rikki. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks/sounds really fun.
 

More of this in a sequel please.
 


:rofl:

Post-game support for this game has been great if you missed it.  Gyro aiming, crazy taxi mode, horde killing & bike challenges, etc.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...