Days Gone OT - Queasy Rider (Update: Horde DLC)

Pikachu

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I really have no idea how far I am in the game. I made it to Iron Mike's last night, though. I haven't gotten tired of it, yet.

The Lisa character kinda pisses me off, though. I get she's just a kid and lost her parents and all. But, damn, stay somewhere where it's safe. Stop running off! You're gonna have to work, too.

I think getting there is about the half-way point in the game (this is all depending on how much side stuff and wondering aimlessly looking at the scenery you do). 

8 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I think getting there is about the half-way point in the game (this is all depending on how much side stuff and wondering aimlessly looking at the scenery you do). 

Iron Mike's camp area is nearly as long as the other two combined, IMO.  With sidequests considered, or without.  There's still a lot more game left after that too.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Am I making decent progress?

Hide contents

Lisa, the little girl, was kidnapped by Rippers.

Do things in the story pickup from there?

You could say it starts to around there.  Basically once you know the deal with Tucker and Copeland’s camps, the threads that offshoot from there will be elaborated on.

It’s more just a set up for the third camp.  There’s a few developments on the way.

• Thanks 1

Patch 1.08

Progression Issues

• Fixed an issue where players wouldn't be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to "I've Had Better Days"
  • Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing ”Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen

General Fixes

• Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
  • Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
  • Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
    • With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
    • The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
  • Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
  • Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes

The current plan for our team is to slow down the amount of patches we release but to add more fixes, features, and optimizations with each patch.

We can't thank you guys enough for your support. Please keep sharing fun clips and photo mode screenshots. We will continue to review your feedback in the comment section, and please submit any bugs you encounter in the comment section below.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Hide contents

I picked up the powerful machine gun used in the prior fight and used that. Plus the bear traps. Epic fight.

I ran around like a scared idiot, kept getting beat to hell, throwing molotovs, and just when I thought I was gonna die, I tossed a frag grenade and buh-bye, he died. 

6 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved

Man, that happened to me several times. Glad to hear.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to being able to track hordes around the map. Late game for me.

I seriously don't understand the negative reviews for this game. This is better than rdr2 for me and that has a 97 average at metacritic.

It's a mix of tlou and rdr but more enjoyable. It can get a little repetitive but so did rdr2. The bugs seemed to be ironed out too so overall after about 15-20 hours in the game I'd give it an 8.5/10.

:shrug:

I see Days Gone as a much more active game than RDR2 between the bike, combat, and its flavor of open world systems.

Also, while both tittles take a while to ramp up, you definitely get to explore and accomplish more in Days Gone’s world in the first 6-8 hours compared to RDR2.  There is just soo much exposition to sit through in Read Dead’s opening.

I stand by thinking RDR2 is a monumental work and an amazing game.

Actually, the ramp-up is similar as I became hooked to RDR2's world the more I played, and the amount of detail, NPCs who know about other NPCs, secrets and Easter eggs, random events that aren't even quest lines, stories in all these houses you can explore, I just couldn't believe they did all of this. I want GTAVI's missions to be less scripted than RDR2's, but the detail in the world and the amount of places to explore I hope are taken from RDR2 and put into overdrive for next-gen GTA.

For Days Gone, I go back to how small -- for AAA standards -- the team is that made this game. For the longest time, it was several dozen people, yet you have a world filled with emergent gameplay like traps put in place to knock you off your bike, squatter ambushes, snipers, runners, and of course the migrating hordes. If there's one thing I really love about this gen, it's how developers are getting so much better at making the world feel alive and changing. 

And I have to say -- and this is coming from someone who doesn't care if a game's side missions don't make sense in the context of the narrative (I spent hours and hours just on the fucking Cabaret Club stuff in Yakuza 0, never mind Pocket Circuit) -- Bend did a very good job making all the side missions relevant to the main narrative. I feel that everything you're doing that's not the main quest makes sense for Deacon to be doing instead of the main quest.

3 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

So for those that have gotten to the actual ending.

Hide contents

Do you think that if/when there is a sequel that Deacon might turn due to all the N.E.R.O. injectors he has been doing?

Spoiler

I think that's possible. NERO looks like it'll be one of the villains, if not the main villain for a sequel. They've already set up the reasons for new enemy freakers in the sequel and potential of Deacon or his friends being affected.

I saw a story a while ago that Sony's already looking at Days Gone as a franchise, so I'd say when there's a sequel.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I just see that as being a likely scenario set up as they already established earlier that Sarah is trying to make a cure not a weapon to use on the freakers. So Deacon getting infected would lend some reason to accelerate that search for her. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

How long did it take you roughly? Final thoughts and score?

Longass time. Final thoughts: while I enjoyed the stealth in the game, the combat against hordes is where this game shines the brightest. Earlier in the game, I wondered why some of the plot points/events felt cringy of random. By the end of the game, all those threads are wrapped up, and stuff that made me cringe a bit made sense in context (that line that people made a big deal over in the wedding is the biggest example I can think of).

With a bigger team, they can polish this up and make it a seminal work next gen, especially with how much MORE amazing the hordes will be with next gen tech. As it stands, though, those 500 freaker hordes are impressive even this late in the gen.

14 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Hide contents

I just see that as being a likely scenario set up as they already established earlier that Sarah is trying to make a cure not a weapon to use on the freakers. So Deacon getting infected would lend some reason to accelerate that search for her. 

Yup, agreed. Seems like a pretty logical way to continue, though I expect 

Spoiler

NERO will play a much bigger role this time.