Days Gone OT - Queasy Rider (Update: Horde DLC)

Pikachu

Man the plot is so much better in the third camp area.  It really does feel like a different game at that point story wise.  There’s some nice twists as well.  Nothing earth shattering, but entertaining developments.  One sequence in particular feels perfectly tuned in gameplay to the kind of world they built, which I loved.

Not sure if it’ll be able to keep this momentum.  I hear I’m only halfway through.  But what I just played is worth experiencing.

The game definitely picks up for the better at the third camp both characters and story. The bad thing about the third camp is when you realize Ricki should have been the MC. Still don’t like Deacon and I just completed 

Spoiler

Carlos and RIP section. Carlos revelation was weird. 

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The game definitely picks up for the better at the third camp both characters and story. The bad thing about the third camp is when you realize Ricki should have been the MC. Still don’t like Deacon and I just completed 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm just glad Ricki is in the game to begin with.  Same with the rest of the Lost Lake characters.  There's a good dynamic there.  Deacon could be a doorpost and I'd still enjoy those bits.  But no, it never really struck me that she should be the playable character.  My only want would be that she was introduced sooner.

21 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

This game definitely is improving the more I play and the more gadgets I get. The stories are getting more interesting as well, though deacon remains unlikeable. 

Yup, it gets more and more fun to take on enemies and especially hordes the more weapons you get/can craft.

A few hours in and I like it. It's kinda a fetch quest at this point but I hear the story takes off later on. In fact, after 6 hours or so I read the game takes off.

My main gripe right now is probably gasing up your motorcycle. Shouldn't have to do that. 

The gas tank upgrades help with that considerably.  I’ll still fast travel to NERO checkpoints on occasion to avoid paying in camps.

The story definitely improves, but I’d say don’t worry about when the plot gets better.  There are threads in those first 6 hours that are expanded on.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

A few hours in and I like it. It's kinda a fetch quest at this point but I hear the story takes off later on. In fact, after 6 hours or so I read the game takes off.

My main gripe right now is probably gasing up your motorcycle. Shouldn't have to do that. 

Gas tank is pretty cool imo.

Just be sure to upgrade it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

In order to do that you must beat missions, correct? That's how you gain trust, right?

Yup, clearing camp specific missions increases trust along with trading in bounties, and food supplies for the camps. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

In order to do that you must beat missions, correct? That's how you gain trust, right?

It's the best way to earn trust, yeah.  I'd also recommend going for the double plant/meat harvesting survival skills, as well as the plant spotting one.  You'll still earn much less than way than missions, but personally it helps my OCD about maximizing what I actually stop to pick-up.

Besides fun factor, I do feel it's rewarding to do just about any side mission.

Clearing a camp? Here's a new blueprint to craft more materials, no more snipers trying to shoot you from the camp while you're riding, and you build trust in a nearby camp.

Taking out nests? XP and building trust to upgrade your bike/buy more weapons.

NERO checkpoint? XP/trust, upgrading your health/stamina/focus, and getting lots of items like medkits and plenty of materials.

Horde? XP/trust and a billion fucking bounties for money/trust, no more migrating hordes while you're riding, plus it's fucking fun as fucking fuck.

XP is normal stuff, yeah, but there are really good rewards for each past XP.

16 hours ago, best3444 said:

Nope nope nope.  You are absolutely not allowed to have that opinion of gassing up a bike with how much you loved RDR 2. 

• Haha 3

I'm in need of a new game to play and I have been eyeing this up since release. Thought it might go on sale shortly after release like every other game but it seems to be selling well. Then I wanted to see how Rage 2 turned out in case it was some amazing must play game but that doesn't seem to be. Now I'm back to staring at Days Gone :)

8 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I'm in need of a new game to play and I have been eyeing this up since release. Thought it might go on sale shortly after release like every other game but it seems to be selling well. Then I wanted to see how Rage 2 turned out in case it was some amazing must play game but that doesn't seem to be. Now I'm back to staring at Days Gone :)

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't want to beat the game, and I still have plenty to go, but I wanna see the secret ending and am excited as hell that there is one. 

Once I finish the game, I'll check out the requirements. :dancing:

Dont worry about the requirements. Just progress the storylines to the 100% point and you will get it. The "secret" ending isnt really a secret if you just play the game. 

I really have no idea how far I am in the game. I made it to Iron Mike's last night, though. I haven't gotten tired of it, yet.

The Lisa character kinda pisses me off, though. I get she's just a kid and lost her parents and all. But, damn, stay somewhere where it's safe. Stop running off! You're gonna have to work, too.

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I really have no idea how far I am in the game. I made it to Iron Mike's last night, though. I haven't gotten tired of it, yet.

Haven't finished yet.   But getting to Iron Mike's for the first time should be 25% of the way through the game.  Maybe a little more?  That's what I've gathered.