Senate GOP vote to lift sanctions on Russia, even after 11 GOP defections

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Maybe I'm just slow. But it confused me how the minority won and lifted sanctions. 

I meant in that this is a bad result whether you want to frame it as "vote to continue to enforce sanctions fails" or "vote to end sanctions on Russia succeeds" because the end result framing the vote either way is the same.

The point is that a vote to continue sanctions on Russia and its oligarchs (a good thing) did not succeed because there weren't enough Republicans to back it along with Democrats in the Senate.

The Republicans really are all in on Trump apparently, even his betraying us for Russia. 

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Maybe I'm just slow. But it confused me how the minority won and lifted sanctions. 

I'm going with the headline being trash and the second tweet in the OP being what to go off of. Democrats put up a measure to keep Trump from lifting the sanctions, and they got 57 votes, meaning not enough Republicans voted for it to pass the bill.

What a lazy Rileying tbh.