The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

11 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

More than anything, the beta reminded me that I actually enjoyed the Division 1 when there was something to work towards besides a better gear score. The end game was a bullet sponge grind fest, and it quickly became a rinse and repeat pain in the ass. I'm trying to approach these games not as the publisher wants but as a mostly SP gamer, that says, "am I getting 30-40  hours of content from this game?" I think I will, and that's good enough for me. 

This POV is the only thing keeping me interested in the game at this point.

22 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

More than anything, the beta reminded me that I actually enjoyed the Division 1 when there was something to work towards besides a better gear score. The end game was a bullet sponge grind fest, and it quickly became a rinse and repeat pain in the ass. I'm trying to approach these games not as the publisher wants but as a mostly SP gamer, that says, "am I getting 30-40  hours of content from this game?" I think I will, and that's good enough for me. 

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This POV is the only thing keeping me interested in the game at this point.

same. While Im not terribly excited for it, I have no doubt I will get at least 30Hrs out of it and that makes it a worthwhile purchase for me.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

More open Beta details

3 Main missions

5 side missions

Dark Zone.

At this point I expect that to be like 95% of the content. Something about looter shooters at launch just means there's never any content and I'm struggling to figure out why. Borderlands wasn't really a GaaS, but goddamn it was packed with content at launch and, aside from the social hub stuff, was basically the same as any of these games.

30 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

At this point I expect that to be like 95% of the content. Something about looter shooters at launch just means there's never any content and I'm struggling to figure out why. Borderlands wasn't really a GaaS, but goddamn it was packed with content at launch and, aside from the social hub stuff, was basically the same as any of these games.

I honestly don't see it being much more than that either.

27 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I think we forget how BL2 was. A main campaign you could get through in about 10- 15 hours, with enough side missions to pad that out to 20ish. 

The DLC with new level caps and higher difficulty settings added to the length, but you were still playing the main game 3 times. 

The thing  is with these games as service titles we expect them to have more than 30 hours of original content, because we known it is something the dev wants us playing for months on end. GearBox just wanted us to go back every few months when they released new content. And we didn’t expect to be buried in the game for months on end. 

I love BL2, and I feel it has the best narrative experience in a looter still. I do kinda want to do a run through BL2 sans expansion DLC to feel how much we may be looking at the game with rose colored glasses. 

With a full year of FREE content, including new campaigns, specializations, game modes and more, The Division 2’s post launch content will keep you entertained for a long time to come. Plus, with the Year 1 Pass, you’ll enjoy early access to it all. 

Yeah, I'm pretty jacked for this one.  Played the pre-order demo and liked what I saw quite a bit.  Watched the year 1 road map and liked what I saw even more.

I've got around 650 to 700 hours in on D1, so a nice alternation between this and Anthem should hit all the spots. 

Just now, ARZ said:

I don't get it...then what's the point of a "Gold Version" that has the Season 1 pass for an extra $50 bucks if all it does it give you 3 days early access to all the DLC? Sound pretty stupid if you ask me. I'm with @skillzdadirecta, vanilla version for me

I'm not saying it's worth it or not, but did you watch the year 1 road map?  It details what the year 1 pass gives you.  It's not just early access.

Quite frankly, when I pre-ordered it, I forgot the DLC was free and just ordered it with the pass out of habit. :p

• Haha 1

There’s always been a lot to like about the Division. The best part of the game compared to the rest of the looter genre is how seamless the world is. 

You load in, and unless you fast travel you wouldn’t see another loading screen playing PVE content. Mission to mission to exploring, to safe zone, to mission, all seamless. I just loved that. 

I felt the narrative of who I am, why I am a Division agent, why it took so long to activate me, could have been better. It felt more like I was in a coma and was late to work. 

I hope Division 2 handles this a bit better. I like the idea of a 40 hour campaign. For that alone is likely why I will end up getting the game. That amount of time, plus any extra I spend farming for loot afterwards will be worth the price of admission. I just hope there is a bit more back story for my character and the Division Agency as a group.