The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

2 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

I put a looooot of time in the Division.  I'll be picking this up day 1. :)

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

A loot game with boring loot again? I'll pass. The loot in the first game ruined it. You're making a fucking video game, PUT SOME STYLE AND FLAVOR INTO IT.

I agree with both these posts... and will be there day one :p

I still have my Best Buy GCU membership, plus they are giving $10 in reward zone for pre-ordering.... so why not? 

I had a lot of fun in the first Division. I abandoned it after every drop became an exotic or legendary bc it just made the loot grind boring at that point. I heard that the Divison got really good toward the end, so hopefully they nail it out of the gate in D2. 

My only issue is this so close to Anthem. Sucks they released two loot games within a month of each other. 

25 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I still have my Best Buy GCU membership, plus they are giving $10 in reward zone for pre-ordering.... so why not? 

I had a lot of fun in the first Division. I abandoned it after every drop became an exotic or legendary bc it just made the loot grind boring at that point. I heard that the Divison got really good toward the end, so hopefully they nail it out of the gate in D2. 

My only issue is this so close to Anthem. Sucks they released two loot games within a month of each other. 

Yeah I’m going with Anthem. Two loot games would drive me nuts. 

Watch our Agent Briefing to get a full breakdown of the PVP experiences offered in The Division 2, available March 15. Pre-order for Private Beta access on February 7.

Get new details on multiplayer action in The Division 2. Learn about the new rules for the lawless Dark Zones, find out how braving the hybrid PvE/PvP areas will be more lucrative than ever, and see what happens when you decided to become the baddest of the bad and go Manhunt Rogue. Then watch highlights from organized PvP matches, featuring team-based skirmishes for loot and glory. 

Hands-on in The Division 2’s three Dark Zones (Polygon)

Taking some of the edge off the Dark Zone’s fearsome reputation, without taking the challenge out

The Division 2 is ringing in some big changes for The Dark Zone (Eurogamer)

The Division 2 PvP Preview: Three Dark Zones, Gear Normalization, and the Endgame Occupied DZ (USgamer)

There's a stronger focus on PvP play from Ubisoft, including the improved Dark Zone and more structured PVP modes, leading to something that feels a bit less like an afterthought. I came out of my demo experience actually looking forward to PvP, meaning the sequel is ahead of the original. The Division 2 is already putting forth a more thoughtful approach to the Dark Zone, and I'm looking forward to that approach reaching the community.

The Division 2’s Dark Zones don’t reinvent but promise a bright future (PCGamesN)

The Division 2’s take on the Dark Zone suffers from a lack of novelty, but there’s no denying that on paper this is a refined, more balanced take on one of Ubisoft’s best ideas. Hopefully that theory translates into prolonged excitement when The Division 2 launches in March.

The Division 2 Private Beta starts February 7! In the Beta you’ll be able to play two Main Missions, get a glimpse of the Endgame with one Invaded Mission, try out the three Endgame Specializations, explore one of the revamped Dark Zones, play 4v4 PvP and much more. Pre-Order now for guaranteed access or sign up for a chance to play at http://thedivisiongame.com/beta

Anyone play the beta?

I put some time in and my high-level impression is that its more of the same. They give you 2 main story missions, 4-5 side missions and a dark zone mission. There is also some random stuff you can do in the open world.

I completed the story missions and some control points. I havent tried the side missions or the dark zone yet. As for the  story missions, they feel exactly like D1 - and they ultimately play the same purpose - to restart/recover stuff you need to get the base of operations back to full capacity. I mean, its literally the same. Im surprised they went this route. I feel like this is going to turn off players. There are settlements now that you can visit which are similar to the base of operations  where you need to get them to full capacity. Not sure if this will be optional or required in the main game. As for the open world, it looks, feels and interacts the same. You still find crates/backpacks to loot for mats and supplies.  One new thing is "control points" where an enemy faction holds down a spot and you have to push them out. Then they come back and try to retake it. Culminates in a boss fight. Almost feels like those large roaming groups in the dark zone from D1 that had a yellow-bar boss. 

Gear/Mods/ Skills - all are either exactly the same or very similar to D1. 

Tough to say how the loot will play out. What turned me off to D1 was they just couldnt figure out what direction to go with loot drops. There was a point where you would run a mission and get 20+ exotic or legendary drops. It took away the thrill of the hunt and just felt like you would spend more time going through the drops to try and min/max. In loot games, when you get an exotic or legendary drop, it needs to feel special. and it needs to feel like before you even look at it, you know its going to be awesome. 

overall - I would say its good. If Anthem is a flop then this will be a predictable backup. We will have a month with Anthem to make that determination. 

EDIT: Also, I read that tomorrow they are adding a piece of end-game content. either a full endgame mission with a high-level character or just a piece of one. So that will really be interesting to see wheat theybe done with The Division's endgame. 

Yea definitely more of the same although thats something I'm happy to see as I hoped they wouldn't mess with the actual formula. 

It's all about that end game, even tho division finally fixed their end game it took about a year and I was long gone by then so I hope they really have the end game here solid and in a good direction. 

I agree about the loot as exotics and what not need to really feel special, getting a bunch that all aren't that much different isn't that fun. 

If divisions loot was similar to that of destiny in terms of their exotic type gear, I could see myself being hooked for months. 

Its the Division all right.  Played a bit.

+ I'd say the guns feel heavier with better audio and punch.  

+ Graphics are nice and more colorful compared to the boring NYC color palette.

+ Some nice additions to the base/world building and progression.  More than 1 Base/Settlement to upgrade.

+ Seems like there will be a lot more content to do daily/weekly, more missions within each settlement to do.

+More worthwhile to explore so far it seems, lots more to scavenge and find, more crates with weapons and what not.  Hopefully they respawn, I remember the first game crates on the world map were one time things.  

+ While early I like the new armor/health system.  You are a bit more squishy but that’s a good thing in my opinion.  Makes you play a bit more tactical and smart.  Same for enemies. 

- Skills thus far seem pretty much identical to first game. 

- Map didnt strike me as being too big unless what it shown isn't the whole map?

- Traversal feels more clunky compared to more recent games.  Not being able to scale some walls or jump down other areas for no real apparent reason is just annoying when you have games like Anthem where movement freedom is so rewarding.  

So far its more of the same, but thats not a terrible thing.  Looking forward to 8 man Raids, and all the other content they've added to this.

50 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I am going to try it tonight. Without preordering it yet Ubisoft still sent me an email inviting me to the beta. 

It it looks good from the previews I have seen. I hope the armor mechanic doesn’t make me feel too squishy and armored enemies too tanky 

I actually like the armor mechanic so far. I've done two missions and while the beta for the most part is more of the same, that's not a problem for me. Seems like there's more to actually do and more actual role playing and character in the game than the first one. I'm gonna play a little more today to form a more complete opinion. Really looking to see how they handle the other modes in the game.

The Division 2’s deadliest enemy faction, the Black Tusks, emerge in the Endgame. Get a look at their advanced loadouts and robotic dogs in action, and see how your Specialization weapon will help you confront this powerful enemy. Also, Creative Director Julian Gerighty joins us to talk about what it will take for Agents to reach the Endgame, and what other challenges await them there.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, 5timechamp said:

damn thats a ton of systems in place.... If only the Wildlands team was as effective at generating content...or providing significant updates to their amazing map

You don't think the Wildlands team did enough? For the size of the map (original content in the game), I felt the free content that came out was sufficient. I am hoping the Division team took notes. 

Didn't preorder but I got into the private beta. Looks fantastic, and yup its the sequel to the Division.

My favorite part of the first was the Dark Zone (to the point my gaming crew started to call me Dark Zone D), so I am intrigued with the changes / additions they have made, and hopefully it leads to the crew spending a greater amount of time in there with me.

42 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

From everything I have seen it looks like they concentrated more on the PVP side of things instead of the PVE which looks nearly identicle to the first game so much so that it looks like it could be an expansion to the first game. 

Maybe I won’t pre-order it. 🤔

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

From everything I have seen it looks like they concentrated more on the PVP side of things instead of the PVE which looks nearly identicle to the first game so much so that it looks like it could be an expansion to the first game. 

I don't see that as a problem considering the PVP was the worst part of the game.

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Which is weird, because I keep seeing praise for Division 2 being a looter shooter sequel done right, and their launch end game will just be a harder faction to face when replaying missions. 

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

I’ve put in about 3-4 hours on PC. FYI it plays much better with a controller than mouse and kB. For some odd reason with a mouse you still have to confirm the things you click on with the space bar, which is super annoying. 

Anthem seemed to control better on controller too. At least in terms of flying.  ...from what I have heard. 

1 hour ago, Man_of_X said:

I don't see that as a problem considering the PVP was the worst part of the game.

cause fuck PVP. 

PVE4LIFE

Just did the endgame content and.....meh. It believe it’s the same mission as one of the 2 you can play in the beta, but they open up another area. They add some additional enemy types too. But it’s just boring. Wave after wave of bullet sponges and really no interesting mechanics in the entire mission. It feels like every D1 mission. There’s nothing new other than the specialization...which really wasn’t amazing. 

While I think it’s good to stick with the same formula, this feels more like an expansion than a full game. 

5 hours ago, Commodore D said:

You don't think the Wildlands team did enough? For the size of the map (original content in the game), I felt the free content that came out was sufficient. I am hoping the Division team took notes. 

I always felt the default content was game enough..

that being said their 2 season Passes have not been as good with content or with readjusting the game as the original division

Season 1

-Narco road- cheesy campaign

-Fallen Ghost- the best content, new difficult enemies, tactical

Season 2

- mostly a themed mission every 3 months

(20 mins gameplay tops)

-the rest is just cosmetics, first they were overpriced, then they were also put in random crates

-then they added 96 new items, 80 of which were voices and cheesy poses.

Compared to the modes and remixing of the Division its no contest..

Wildlands just needs to update its QRF system and add random enemy patrols outside the bades and it would reinvigorate ghe game

5 hours ago, atom631 said:

Just did the endgame content and.....meh. It believe it’s the same mission as one of the 2 you can play in the beta, but they open up another area. They add some additional enemy types too. But it’s just boring. Wave after wave of bullet sponges and really no interesting mechanics in the entire mission. It feels like every D1 mission. There’s nothing new other than the specialization...which really wasn’t amazing. 

While I think it’s good to stick with the same formula, this feels more like an expansion than a full game. 

I felt the complete opposite tbh. Non stop action, interesting new enemy types (all the robo stuff), a drone that heals me. I quite enjoyed it.