The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

A few questions:

. In the character screen - top left it shows your level. then around you level is a circle of 3 different colors (i think red, blue, yellow) which then have a marker with a number in it. What is this? 

. Do you need to use SDH cache points to unlock weapon mod slots? Or do the points just give you default attachments to play with? 

. Why do attachments now suck? Almost not worth using at this point bc of the debuffs. 

36 minutes ago, atom631 said:

A few questions:

. In the character screen - top left it shows your level. then around you level is a circle of 3 different colors (i think red, blue, yellow) which then have a marker with a number in it. What is this? 

. Do you need to use SDH cache points to unlock weapon mod slots? Or do the points just give you default attachments to play with? 

. Why do attachments now suck? Almost not worth using at this point bc of the debuffs. 

You have 3 different types of attributes, talents, perks or whatnot on your gear. Offensive, defensive and electronics. Red is your offensive, Blue is your defensive and yellow is your electronics. Later on you'll see purple gear or high end gear that might have extra perks that will have requirements like having 4 electronics perks equipped. That extra perk would then be equipment focused for example. It's just the number of each that are equipped. 

I don't know if SHD is used for everything, but in the main perk list at the quartermaster, you can use it to unlock different magazines, scopes, etc..

I don't know if the attachments suck, but they did standardize them. All the perks have a positive / negative combination. I think the weapons and gear at higher levels will be where you see the best perks or attributes, not to mention that you can also mod your deployables. 

2 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

You have 3 different types of attributes, talents, perks or whatnot on your gear. Offensive, defensive and electronics. Red is your offensive, Blue is your defensive and yellow is your electronics. Later on you'll see purple gear or high end gear that might have extra perks that will have requirements like having 4 electronics perks equipped. That extra perk would then be equipment focused for example. It's just the number of each that are equipped. 

I don't know if SHD is used for everything, but in the main perk list at the quartermaster, you can use it to unlock different magazines, scopes, etc..

I don't know if the attachments suck, but they did standardize them. All the perks have a positive / negative combination. I think the weapons and gear at higher levels will be where you see the best perks or attributes, not to mention that you can also mod your deployables. 

yeah I saw mod slots on the deployables. Thats pretty cool. 

do attachments now drop in the wild? or is just the attachments you unlock with an SHD point at the quartermaster? 

18 minutes ago, atom631 said:

yeah I saw mod slots on the deployables. Thats pretty cool. 

do attachments now drop in the wild? or is just the attachments you unlock with an SHD point at the quartermaster? 

You unlock a bunch of basic ones from the Quartermaster, but you unlock the rest it seems from Side Missions or Settlement upgrades that reward them.  Once you get them, you have to craft them once at Home Base then you can just choose them on any gun.  Its not so much a physical item you have, its just an unlock you have that becomes an option going forward in the game.

43 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

You unlock a bunch of basic ones from the Quartermaster, but you unlock the rest it seems from Side Missions or Settlement upgrades that reward them.  Once you get them, you have to craft them once at Home Base then you can just choose them on any gun.  Its not so much a physical item you have, its just an unlock you have that becomes an option going forward in the game.

gotcha. so theres no ilevel to the attachments anymore. 

that was kinda fun on D1. you get a yellow scope with +%crit damage or something and watch your DPS jump by 20K. 

6 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

BTW, the best way to farm weapons and blueprints without having to go into the Dark Zone is to clear level 3 checkpoints. If you're wondering, checkpoints work as such:

Level 1 = Normal Difficulty 

This is the standard difficulty setting for all checkpoints.

Level 2 = Hard difficulty

You unlock the hard difficulty for a checkpoint by clearing one activity that is part of that checkpoint (e.g. defeat a supply convoy)

Level 3 = Challenging difficulty

You unlock the challenging difficulty for a checkpoint by clearing two activities that are part of that checkpoint. (e.g. defeat a patrol and a supply convoy)

Level 4 = Heroic difficulty

You get the idea.

That being said, do not farm heroic checkpoints unless you're a masochist. The rewards are not worth the effort, so if you want a bunch of blueprints quickly, it's best to farm Challenging checkpoints. The other good thing here is that any weapons, mods or equipment you get from the supply room will always be at or above your current gear score if you're in end game. This is a good way to boost your gear score quickly.

I'm gonna assume this is all post story stuff.  I hit Lvl 30 a few days ago but was waiting on a few friends to do the Strongholds.   Seems you can't hit real end game til you do the Strongholds though, so guess I'll be tackling those today and tomorrow.

Something wasn’t feeling right about the game while I playing yesterday, then I got to unlock my second skill, finally got rifle with some punch, and suddenly it was falling into place. 

My my first skill was pulse, which is far weaker than Div1. Poor poor range. The only enemies it detects I am close enough to shotgun and know they exist. I’d have to check but I don’t think you get the damage and crit chance bonus either  

anyways, combat drone is far more useful and fun. 

I was was sad to outgrow the exotic shotgun. And i was killing people with I starting signing the Toys R Us theme, “I don’t wanna grow up...”. I knew I’d be outgrowing it far too soon and it was so much fun. 

11 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

You get 33% of your experience bar filled every time you complete a side mission. It's the single biggest increase in the game. So it's worth saving most of them for when you hit level 20. If you want to do one right away, Department of Justice gives you a very useful attachment. Btw, playing on console or PC?

Thanks. I’ll try the Dept of Justice one. 

Im on console. 

56 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Did a few matchmaking missions last night with randoms. Both went smoothly which was a lot better experience than I had before playing with randoms. The game plays best when you have a full squad of 4 that’s for sure. So much damn fun. 

Agreed. It’s so much more fun with a squad. It’s a shame the open world isn’t a shared experience. No matter how much wildlife and NPCs they fill it with, it still feels lonely. There should at least be 8-10 other players per zone wandering around. 

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@Slug did you know this? I had no idea. 

I did know that they restocked, only because I went to the construction site one we did together and there was new loot there.  I didn't know it was every 24 hours though, I figured it was random.

44 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Wtf? I just had an elite and some red bars come through a monster closet inside my held control point right by where I was standing. Barely managed to run outside for cover before getting downed. I’ve seen them assault a control point, but never spawn inside one I already held. 

That happened to me today too.

I had gotten to Level 30 awhile ago but didnt do the Strongholds thinking they were like Mini Raids, so I was waiting for some friends to catch up to do them together.

What a mistake, wasted a lot of time not progressing my loot, and all the items I had that I thought would be useful for end game essentially become useless due to gear score.  

Can you up an items gear score at all, or is this going to be a constant, pick up new items with higher gear score and switch it out.  

I am impressed with the end game they put together, but I was  happy to finally be able to settle down loot wise and focus on builds, but if its just constantly swapping items for Gear Score to get higher, its gonna be annoying.

5 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

As you upgrade your work bench, your crafted items will match your current level or world tier. Recommend not working on a finalized build until WT4. Experiment, fuck around, figure out what sort of skills you want. And just so you know, lower gear score stuff isn't useless. If the gear as a talent you want, keep it to transfer to a higher gear score piece through recalibration.

Yeah I've saved so much stuff for the talents, and you need some of those extra items for those quests as well

Ok, so I requested to join the clan last night. 

Anywho, got a question. I don’t need any spoilers, but I just want to make sure something isn’t bugged. I did the two missions by the Castle settlement, but not is not green on the map and has nothing going on. There was no follow up conversation that I recall, and going back didn’t trigger a new cutscene. The doors are open and. Can walk through the building, using it like a shortcut, but that’s it.

I’m only lvl 13. I went north west to the campus settlement and it seems normal. 

So should the Castle settlement have people and stuff right now, or will this come later? 

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Ok, so I requested to join the clan last night. 

Anywho, got a question. I don’t need any spoilers, but I just want to make sure something isn’t bugged. I did the two missions by the Castle settlement, but not is not green on the map and has nothing going on. There was no follow up conversation that I recall, and going back didn’t trigger a new cutscene. The doors are open and. Can walk through the building, using it like a shortcut, but that’s it.

I’m only lvl 13. I went north west to the campus settlement and it seems normal. 

So should the Castle settlement have people and stuff right now, or will this come later? 

It's not bugged. Also you requested to join the Xbox clan? Either me or @JPDunks4 will hook you up. I hit level 30 last night and have one stronghold and plenty of side missions left. I don't think you need to save the side missions for later, in fact not doing them could cause you to miss out on vital attachments. That extended clip is a god send on my assault rifles.

yeah I have been avoiding side missions as much as possible for the XP gains after the main story. But it seems I am falling behind the lvls of the missions themselves. I was lvl 12 playing a mission that was lvl 14 with lvl 15 players. I am now 13 and the next mission is for lvl 15. 

Wit it a group it’s not bad, but I wonder if not doing side quests will see me keep falling behind the lvl of the missions. 

17 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

yeah I have been avoiding side missions as much as possible for the XP gains after the main story. But it seems I am falling behind the lvls of the missions themselves. I was lvl 12 playing a mission that was lvl 14 with lvl 15 players. I am now 13 and the next mission is for lvl 15. 

Wit it a group it’s not bad, but I wonder if not doing side quests will see me keep falling behind the lvl of the missions. 

I had this problem too trying to avoid the side missions.... I wound up doing a total of 2 so far. I just hit level 20. 

Capturing control points gives a nice chunk of XP, so Ive saved some since now my next mission is at 22. I need to do like 3 control points and some random shit in between and I should hit level 21. Ive been running 1 level lower than every main mission and have been totally fine. 2 levels lower was a challenge but do-able. I did that one or two times. My plan is to stick to that forumula except for the last mission. I want to be 30 for that so the drops will be level 30 and give me a boost. 

Just curious though - why are you worried about XP gains after the main story? You should be at level cap or will be right after the last mission. After that, isnt it just strongholds and bumping difficulty on  story mission to challenge?

17 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

make sure you are doing all the hostage rescues, public executions and so on that you come across, they give decent XP

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

Yeah, deconstruct until you max out your stock and then sell everything else. Save anything with talents that you want.

even low-level guns should be saved? I had an awesome level 13 purple rifle that had good talents. i finally swapped it at level 18 bc it was a beast. it hurt to sell that gun