The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

3 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Yeah it's been around forever, but it's a hassle if you have spotty internet and it only works between two PS4's afaik. But yeah, it's a neat feature for people who are strapped for cash. My nephew uses it a lot with his best friend.

xbox is also only two consoles. 

23 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Fair enough, just trying to help out! 

And I appreciate that! <3 

It's probably just my inner Luddite showing, but I read that page and all I'm thinking is what does it mean that someone else's PS is my primary, how does this affect purchases, if I need to switch stuff back and forth, do I need to relog, what if he has games he's bought on his account, I have to give him my password, oh and this also means I'm forced to buy the digital version of the game and yadda yadda.  I'm sure all easily answerable and simple concerns, but still..the $60 just doesn't sound so bad to avoid the potential headaches.

3 hours ago, Slug said:

They can thank my kids.  

Copy 1 will be my PS4 copy.

Copy 2 will be a PC copy for my youngest.

Copy 3 will be a PS4 copy for my eldest who is away at college with his own PS4.

I'm a sucker. :|

Dad of the Year

• Thanks 1

I’ve used gameshare with a friend forever now and only a small handful of times had issues accessing my games due to Xbox live outages.  The benefit far outweighs the issues.  Literally takes 2 seconds to set up and basically just gives ur friend/family access to ur entire digital library.  No brainer for me.

My friend also gets free game codes quite frequently from their job so they just give them to me since they also get access so I get quite a few freee titles.

What level are you? How can you properly comment on start middle end game if you are only 12 hours in?  

I know Division 2s end game is being praised but until I get there I’ll reserve judgement.   Every looter shooter has felt pretty amazing to me 12 hours in. 

I do agree with most of you points though it feels like a very well made game.  

The thing id say that is holding it back from being the best looter shooter ultimately maybe the gameplay itself.  I think both Destiny and Anthems core  gameplay is more fun than Divisions.   But I guess that’s a matter of opinion.   Hats off to Ubisoft though they did an amazing job with this game.

The guns feel better in D2 than D1 to me. The enemies aren’t bullet sponges this time either which feels great. I’m very early in the game but it has a great feel. Like how the guns hit. When you blast a guy with a shotty his body throws backwards which feels excellent. Lol.  Also the graphics look gorgeous on my PS4 Pro. Gotta get some sleep as I have work in a few hours but I’ll be on this all weekend. 

Played some last night. I played the closed and open beta, so I'm already a little burnt out replaying the same opening area lol. 

In the first beta texture streaming was very much an issue on my ps4 pro, but the open beta had seemed to improve it greatly. Now in the final release it's bad again. Hope they can nail this down, cause it really takes you out of the game's brilliant atmosphere. 

Little disappointed my preorder exotic shotgun is stuck at level 1. It was fun for five minutes I guess lol. Anyways, excited to dig in this weekend. 

One really positive change I noticed in the final release - when you shot guys in the beta, they'd recoil and flinch excessively, often moving so much that you may as well switch targets because you're not going to get a second shot in on them until they settled down. Now the flinch animation isn't so wild, letting you track them better.

Same goes for laterally moving enemies - maybe they just cranked up the aim assist or Ads sensitivity, but I was having way less trouble tracking enemies running horizontally. In all, it feels really snappy and responsive. In the beta I had fun, but I found myself struggling whenever an enemy ran across the screen. 

• Like 1

Getting burned out in the opening area was one reason I just explored during the open beta. I just wanted to get a feel for the ebb and flow of the world. I played the open beta less than the closed beta. 

I bought the game. I look forward to it. I agree the core game/gunplay is probably the least interesting of the looter shooters. Which is a shame, because the world is the most seamlessly presented and immersive. 

Not sure if I will play it tonight, or later this weekend. I’m feeling burned out on Anthem due to all the loading (and tired of the same loading screen images), and not getting the 1 MW ability I really want. So a Division distraction will be nice until some of Act 1 stuff starts rolling out. 

I'm enjoying the game, there is a lot to do, and I really like the sense of Progression, not just with your character, but with the world itself.  Upgrading the Whitehouse, the Theatre, seeing more allies patrolling the streets, taking control points, it all does feel like your taking back Washington.

As much as the game gets credit for having so much to do, it still is just as repetitive as every other Looter shooter.  Save a hostage, oh just kill a group of enemies.  Take a control point, kill a group of enemies then defend.  Its not really a knock cause theres only so much you can do, but just like Anthem and most other looter shooters, the variety of events is still rather limited. 

Its why I say I'm holding off on so much long term praise on the End Game.   If most of the end game is replaying the same missions with different enemy faction, meh.   If its just replaying all the same world events and what not with new enemies, meh.  The little I played of the End Game stuff in the beta wasn't all that impressive, so I have to wait til I actually get that far to see if it's actually as good as its being sold.  

I find it interesting how “feature complete” people are saying Div2 is, yet there are a list of things, including raids that did not make the launch of the game. 

It seems Div2 is getting a lot of passes Anthem and Destiny do not get. Sure there are some issues they have that Div2 doesn’t. But some denounce games as service style games on principal (like Upper Echelon) yet like Division inspite of its games as service, looter shooter trappings. 

Maybe Ubi hasn’t done anything recently to offend the “influencers”, unlike Activision, EA, Bungie, and BioWare.   

So far I think Division 2 is terrific. 

I also said the same about Destiny 2 for the first 2 weeks it was out.  I'm still waiting to reserve judgement to say if I think its as good as people are hyping it up to be.

So far though the ride from 1-30 has been so good.  

I do think they give you too much loot, I end up ignoring most of it cause it just throws so much at you its annoying to sort through.

I personally love that both Anthem and Division 2 came out so close together, I love jumping back and forth between the 2 cause they are so different.

• Like 1

Jesus guys. Did you watch the end game video? Replaying invaded missions is a fraction of the detailed planned progression that Massive and the other studios have plotted through 5 world tiers. There is going to be a shit tonne to do after max level and the best part is it will be in the open world, which is one of the game's best features. Unlike the first game with their incursions. 

Might not be everyone's cup of tea for sure, but from what I've seen, it's about 5 times the game that the first one was. 

Divisions big, seamless open world is definitely the defining thing it has over others in the genre. Definitely a benefit of the engine. However, in terms of character models, Destiny and Anthem has better models and animations. So in narrative scenes the presentation advantage flips in favor of those over Division.  

Story wise I am waiting to get drawn in. Admittedly not far, So it could pick up. I liked tracking down the source and origin of the virus, and the rogue Division agent in the first game. SonInam hopeful there are a good few story threads in Div2. 

Gunplay is standard for Division. It feels tighter, but not the best combat in the genre.

I look forward to diving in more. Probably tonight. Even if the game doesn’t blow me away, I know I’ll sink enough time into it to make the purchase worth while. I did for Div1. That’s why I bought Div2. 

9 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Divisions big, seamless open world is definitely the defining thing it has over others in the genre. Definitely a benefit of the engine. However, in terms of character models, Destiny and Anthem has better models and animations. So in narrative scenes the presentation advantage flips in favor of those over Division.  

Story wise I am waiting to get drawn in. Admittedly not far, So it could pick up. I liked tracking down the source and origin of the virus, and the rogue Division agent in the first game. SonInam hopeful there are a good few story threads in Div2. 

Gunplay is standard for Division. It feels tighter, but not the best combat in the genre.

I look forward to diving in more. Probably tonight. Even if the game doesn’t blow me away, I know I’ll sink enough time into it to make the purchase worth while. I did for Div1. That’s why I bought Div2. 

Weirdly enough, I almost feel like Ghost Recon Wildlands had better/more detailed character models. That could just be because of the larger number of wearable items in Div2 though.

But the female faces look.. off.. for some reason. Like the eye are too bulgy or something. it took me a few minutes worth of tweaking to make my fem agent not look ugmo. 

24 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Weirdly enough, I almost feel like Ghost Recon Wildlands had better/more detailed character models. That could just be because of the larger number of wearable items in Div2 though.

But the female faces look.. off.. for some reason. Like the eye are too bulgy or something. it took me a few minutes worth of tweaking to make my fem agent not look ugmo. 

The character created was limited. The males are either clean shaven or have untold months of growth. Why no stubble? 

Maybe I’ll find “stubble” in the world or unlock it with some challenge. 

It better not show up as a mtx. If it does... oh well. 

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

36 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The character created was limited. The males are either clean shaven or have untold months of growth. Why no stubble? 

Maybe I’ll find “stubble” in the world or unlock it with some challenge. 

It better not show up as a mtx. If it does... oh well. 

Honestly, I think this is just a general UBI issue across the board... outside of a few exceptions (main characters), the character faces in almost all of their games are just a little off. Doesn't matter if it's GR, R6, Division, AC. To me they just stand out more in games with cut scenes and character interaction because you're looking fairly close at them.

The "World Events" are all over the place, but I already find myself skipping the majority of them as they already feel repetitive.  None of them introduce any exciting gameplay elements.  

Save the hostage - Shoot at the enemies and clear like 2/3 waves of reinforcements.

Hostile Territory - Kill a few waves of enemies

Propaganda - Kill 3 waves of enemies

Control Point - Kill Guarding enemies then kill a few waves of enemies and boss

Supply Drops - Kill 3 Enemies standing near supply drops, kill 3 waves of enemies, open supply drops

Every single activity is the same, kill 3 waves of enemies with sometimes a heavily armored boss at the end.  They are just titled differently.  It's what I was getting to at the beginning,  if the character builds themselves don't feel drastically unique and different, I'm not sure End Game is gonna be what its hyped up to be if the gameplay doesnt feel all that unique.  So far the builds seem like they may have some potential, but I'll have to see.

I am excited for the Raid though as requiring 8 players I hope it introducing some cool new mechanics or puzzles that require teamwork.

This game has a major issue with spawning enemies on top of you. You clear an area, then a door busts open beside you and a yellow boss and five guys are suddenly pouring bullets into you and you have zero warning. It happens often, and it's always bullshit. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

The "World Events" are all over the place, but I already find myself skipping the majority of them as they already feel repetitive.  None of them introduce any exciting gameplay elements.  

Save the hostage - Shoot at the enemies and clear like 2/3 waves of reinforcements.

Hostile Territory - Kill a few waves of enemies

Propaganda - Kill 3 waves of enemies

Control Point - Kill Guarding enemies then kill a few waves of enemies and boss

Supply Drops - Kill 3 Enemies standing near supply drops, kill 3 waves of enemies, open supply drops

Every single activity is the same, kill 3 waves of enemies with sometimes a heavily armored boss at the end.  They are just titled differently.  It's what I was getting to at the beginning,  if the character builds themselves don't feel drastically unique and different, I'm not sure End Game is gonna be what its hyped up to be if the gameplay doesnt feel all that unique.  So far the builds seem like they may have some potential, but I'll have to see.

I am excited for the Raid though as requiring 8 players I hope it introducing some cool new mechanics or puzzles that require teamwork.

I hope this doesn't sound too condescending... but this is just the basic open world PVE loop for the game, however with side missions / bounties / main missions / Darkzone / Exploring there's a lot more to it. Kinda like Event's in Destiny... they'll surely add more and the first few times they'll be fun but after that they'll get repetitive. Such is the MMO/MMO-lite genre.

1 hour ago, Man of Culture said:

The spawns are semi-random, but predictable. You need to pay better attention. 

I disagree. Come up on three guys in an alleyway and take them out, and all of a sudden a door beside me bursts open. My pulse skill didn't reveal them, there's doors everywhere in the alleys. My death wasn't due to a lack in attention, it was that I snuck up on the dudes to use my smg, and now I'm too close to the surprise reinforcements. Nothing about the encounter foretold I was going to die to heavy reinforcements, and it just further discourages using a close range weapon. 

In another area I'm clearing a control point - I decide to flank to take out the last stragglers, or we'd be playing peekaboo with cover for a minute. Knock the last one down and a door opens directly behind me and there's a yellow bar boss. I'm instantly killed. Surprise motherfucker.

Missions do it too. Sure, you can see the monster closets in most cases, but sometimes you're in a fight for your life, both guns empty and pull out a sidearm to finish one last guy when reinforcements appear right on top of you. 

I would just appreciate if the challenge in the game didn't rely on predicting where, when or if a wave of enemies is going to appear, and not to be punished when I use close range weapons or flanking moves. It already feels just like Div 1 - get you a good M1A or you're going to have a bad time.