Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

General Gaming The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ

5 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

You don't PS4 share with your son?

Well my oldest has his own PS4 at college.  My youngest is more than welcome to use my PS4, but he got a gaming PC for Christmas and has been all about using it.  Normally I'd say, "Tough shit you can play this one on PS4", but he's gotten amazing grades lately so I figured I'd get it for him on his PC as a reward.

4 minutes ago, Slug said:

Well my oldest has his own PS4 at college.  My youngest is more than welcome to use my PS4, but he got a gaming PC for Christmas and has been all about using it.  Normally I'd say, "Tough shit you can play this one on PS4", but he's gotten amazing grades lately so I figured I'd get it for him on his PC as a reward.

Even if he has his own PS4, you can log into his PS4, activate it as your primary PS4. Every game that you own he can now play in his own account. Only downside to this is that your PS4 is not the primary one so if you lose internet connection you wont be able to play single player games, but that rarely happens at least in my experience doing "PS4 gamesharing." Beats having to buy 2 games tbh.

2 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Even if he has his own PS4, you can log into his PS4, activate it as your primary PS4. Every game that you own he can now play in his own account. Only downside to this is that your PS4 is not the primary one so if you lose internet connection you wont be able to play single player games, but that rarely happens at least in my experience doing "PS4 gamesharing." Beats having to buy 2 games tbh.

That sounds like more than $60 worth of hassle.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I knew you could gameshare on Xbox. I didn't know you could do it on PS4 too.

Yeah it's been around forever, but it's a hassle if you have spotty internet and it only works between two PS4's afaik. But yeah, it's a neat feature for people who are strapped for cash. My nephew uses it a lot with his best friend.

3 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Yeah it's been around forever, but it's a hassle if you have spotty internet and it only works between two PS4's afaik. But yeah, it's a neat feature for people who are strapped for cash. My nephew uses it a lot with his best friend.

xbox is also only two consoles. 

23 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Fair enough, just trying to help out! 

And I appreciate that! <3 

It's probably just my inner Luddite showing, but I read that page and all I'm thinking is what does it mean that someone else's PS is my primary, how does this affect purchases, if I need to switch stuff back and forth, do I need to relog, what if he has games he's bought on his account, I have to give him my password, oh and this also means I'm forced to buy the digital version of the game and yadda yadda.  I'm sure all easily answerable and simple concerns, but still..the $60 just doesn't sound so bad to avoid the potential headaches.

3 hours ago, Slug said:

They can thank my kids.  

Copy 1 will be my PS4 copy.

Copy 2 will be a PC copy for my youngest.

Copy 3 will be a PS4 copy for my eldest who is away at college with his own PS4.

I'm a sucker. :|

Dad of the Year

I’ve used gameshare with a friend forever now and only a small handful of times had issues accessing my games due to Xbox live outages.  The benefit far outweighs the issues.  Literally takes 2 seconds to set up and basically just gives ur friend/family access to ur entire digital library.  No brainer for me.

My friend also gets free game codes quite frequently from their job so they just give them to me since they also get access so I get quite a few freee titles.

I've spent about 12 hours with the game in early access (on PC) and my impressions so far are as such:

• The game is incredibly stable. I have not suffered a single network error or crash to desktop in all 12 hours of play so far.

• The game is incredibly well optimized. I'm running a mixture of Medium, High & Ultra settings at 1080p while achieving a locked 60fps on a GTX 1060 and Core i7 8700. A GTX 1070 or better, paired with a modern i7 should absolutely demolish this game, even at Ultra settings.

• The game is feature complete, as far as I'm concerned. You have a proper beginning, middle and endgame replete with all the trappings and content you would expect from a well established MMO or MMO-Lite that has been around for years.

• There is no content "Pay Gate" with the technical exception of PvP. Players who have been playing the game since early access began will clearly have a level and gear score advantage over players who will be starting out tonight at midnight. That being said, I don't really see this as a massive problem as there are myriad ways to quickly close the level and gear score gap if you actually pay attention to how the leveling and gear score system works, exploiting them to your benefit. While I don't really approve of the practice of certain pre-order editions being able to play the game early (if you do this, extend it to all pre-orders, not just higher tier editions) the issue here isn't so bad as to create an untenable situation for players who are just starting out.

• The game is absolutely solo friendly. The original Division had a major issue with various pieces of content being gated by level or gear score, preventing solo players from progressing unless they resorted to cheese tactics or Min/Max builds or relying on randoms to bulldoze through content. This caused a lot of average players to just drop the game in it's entirety. That being said, I have done most of the main story content along with some side content solo and while some missions were difficult to complete, none of it ever felt unfair to me.

• A lot of systems have been streamlined and expanded upon. My only issue is that the UI is barely better than the mess we had to deal with in the original game. I'm used to it from hundreds of hours of play, but I can see it being a huge turn off for new players, especially since you'll spend a decent amount of time within them. What I will say to Ubisoft/Massive's credit is that the game does a way better job at communicating stats, abilities and strengths or weaknesses to the player. That alone makes it a lot easier to make character builds that focus on specific abilities, talents, skills or weapons.

• The world is littered with secret paths, hidden interiors, esoteric content and loot galore. To top it off, a lot of the main and side content is actually compelling to work through. They feel like proper missions as opposed to "Go here, kill everyone, don't die."

• Enemy variety is similar to the original Division, but combat as a whole feels much, much better. The weapons are punchier, the enemies have varying degrees of armor and are more expressive, both audibly and visually. Each faction has different styles of combat as opposed to the original game where the enemies were essentially just reskins with maybe one or two minor differences. My only real complaint here is that a lot of the bosses are essentially just "Huge guy with a ton of body armor and a heavy weapon", but they do sometimes mitigate that boring trope by making a lot of them be expressive (e.g. they'll bark orders, they'll taunt you, etc.) instead of being silent hulks.

• Virtually no loading screens and quick load times when you do load (usually from cinematics or fast traveling). It's an amazing feat in streaming technology on par with the likes of games like Red Dead 2 or God of War.

Edit: Overall, I think the game is already in a good place and starts off very strong. If the improvements made to the original Division are any indication, The Division 2 may very well become one of the best, if not the best looter shooter of this generation.

What level are you? How can you properly comment on start middle end game if you are only 12 hours in?  

I know Division 2s end game is being praised but until I get there I’ll reserve judgement.   Every looter shooter has felt pretty amazing to me 12 hours in. 

I do agree with most of you points though it feels like a very well made game.  

The thing id say that is holding it back from being the best looter shooter ultimately maybe the gameplay itself.  I think both Destiny and Anthems core  gameplay is more fun than Divisions.   But I guess that’s a matter of opinion.   Hats off to Ubisoft though they did an amazing job with this game.

The guns feel better in D2 than D1 to me. The enemies aren’t bullet sponges this time either which feels great. I’m very early in the game but it has a great feel. Like how the guns hit. When you blast a guy with a shotty his body throws backwards which feels excellent. Lol.  Also the graphics look gorgeous on my PS4 Pro. Gotta get some sleep as I have work in a few hours but I’ll be on this all weekend. 

Played some last night. I played the closed and open beta, so I'm already a little burnt out replaying the same opening area lol. 

In the first beta texture streaming was very much an issue on my ps4 pro, but the open beta had seemed to improve it greatly. Now in the final release it's bad again. Hope they can nail this down, cause it really takes you out of the game's brilliant atmosphere. 

Little disappointed my preorder exotic shotgun is stuck at level 1. It was fun for five minutes I guess lol. Anyways, excited to dig in this weekend. 

One really positive change I noticed in the final release - when you shot guys in the beta, they'd recoil and flinch excessively, often moving so much that you may as well switch targets because you're not going to get a second shot in on them until they settled down. Now the flinch animation isn't so wild, letting you track them better.

Same goes for laterally moving enemies - maybe they just cranked up the aim assist or Ads sensitivity, but I was having way less trouble tracking enemies running horizontally. In all, it feels really snappy and responsive. In the beta I had fun, but I found myself struggling whenever an enemy ran across the screen. 

Getting burned out in the opening area was one reason I just explored during the open beta. I just wanted to get a feel for the ebb and flow of the world. I played the open beta less than the closed beta. 

I bought the game. I look forward to it. I agree the core game/gunplay is probably the least interesting of the looter shooters. Which is a shame, because the world is the most seamlessly presented and immersive. 

Not sure if I will play it tonight, or later this weekend. I’m feeling burned out on Anthem due to all the loading (and tired of the same loading screen images), and not getting the 1 MW ability I really want. So a Division distraction will be nice until some of Act 1 stuff starts rolling out. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’ll be playing tonight around 8:30 if you wanna team up @mo1518

I am level 4. 

I'll be on a bit later tonight, but if you're still on I'll send you an invite! 

I'm enjoying the game, there is a lot to do, and I really like the sense of Progression, not just with your character, but with the world itself.  Upgrading the Whitehouse, the Theatre, seeing more allies patrolling the streets, taking control points, it all does feel like your taking back Washington.

As much as the game gets credit for having so much to do, it still is just as repetitive as every other Looter shooter.  Save a hostage, oh just kill a group of enemies.  Take a control point, kill a group of enemies then defend.  Its not really a knock cause theres only so much you can do, but just like Anthem and most other looter shooters, the variety of events is still rather limited. 

Its why I say I'm holding off on so much long term praise on the End Game.   If most of the end game is replaying the same missions with different enemy faction, meh.   If its just replaying all the same world events and what not with new enemies, meh.  The little I played of the End Game stuff in the beta wasn't all that impressive, so I have to wait til I actually get that far to see if it's actually as good as its being sold.  

I find it interesting how “feature complete” people are saying Div2 is, yet there are a list of things, including raids that did not make the launch of the game. 

It seems Div2 is getting a lot of passes Anthem and Destiny do not get. Sure there are some issues they have that Div2 doesn’t. But some denounce games as service style games on principal (like Upper Echelon) yet like Division inspite of its games as service, looter shooter trappings. 

Maybe Ubi hasn’t done anything recently to offend the “influencers”, unlike Activision, EA, Bungie, and BioWare.   

Virtually none of the looter shooters released in the last 2 years have features that Division 2 brings to the table at launch. Destiny 2 launched on PC with no text chat, a fucking staple of MMO and MMO-Lite games on PC. Destiny 2 and Anthem literally do not allow players to set their own way points. These are two very basic features that should be standard in the genre, yet one of the biggest games in the genre did not get one of those features until well after launch and is still completely missing the other. Which for the record, Anthem doesn't allow for map markers either.

And Raids? Those have always post game content added after the fact. Destiny 2 did not launch with a Raid, neither did Monster Hunter or Anthem. So we're complaining about a game not having an (optional) end game activity right at launch when literally none of the other AAA offerings had one at launch either?

Division 2 is a feature complete game despite your weird metrics. It has all of the things one would expect from an MMO-Lite. It goes above and beyond in giving the player agency to build their character how they want to build it and it has compelling content from beginning to end with an end game, that alone, probably rivals the entirety of Anthem in content. Except you know, is actually compelling and not tedious, boring drivel.

lol Text chat and way points? That’s the best you’ve got? Pretty low hanging fruit. Anthem has far bigger issues than either of those. 

Division 2 has about as much endgame as any other in the genre. Oh, you can replay missions in division 2. Well then. Best end game ever. 10/10. 

So far I think Division 2 is terrific. 

I also said the same about Destiny 2 for the first 2 weeks it was out.  I'm still waiting to reserve judgement to say if I think its as good as people are hyping it up to be.

So far though the ride from 1-30 has been so good.  

I do think they give you too much loot, I end up ignoring most of it cause it just throws so much at you its annoying to sort through.

I personally love that both Anthem and Division 2 came out so close together, I love jumping back and forth between the 2 cause they are so different.

Jesus guys. Did you watch the end game video? Replaying invaded missions is a fraction of the detailed planned progression that Massive and the other studios have plotted through 5 world tiers. There is going to be a shit tonne to do after max level and the best part is it will be in the open world, which is one of the game's best features. Unlike the first game with their incursions. 

Might not be everyone's cup of tea for sure, but from what I've seen, it's about 5 times the game that the first one was. 

Regardless of end game, the game so far just from Level 1 - Max has been fantastic.  They really did look at every single aspect of this genre and made sure to address pretty much every ask community wants.  Really loving it so far.  

Divisions big, seamless open world is definitely the defining thing it has over others in the genre. Definitely a benefit of the engine. However, in terms of character models, Destiny and Anthem has better models and animations. So in narrative scenes the presentation advantage flips in favor of those over Division.  

Story wise I am waiting to get drawn in. Admittedly not far, So it could pick up. I liked tracking down the source and origin of the virus, and the rogue Division agent in the first game. SonInam hopeful there are a good few story threads in Div2. 

Gunplay is standard for Division. It feels tighter, but not the best combat in the genre.

I look forward to diving in more. Probably tonight. Even if the game doesn’t blow me away, I know I’ll sink enough time into it to make the purchase worth while. I did for Div1. That’s why I bought Div2.