The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

helped my buddy last night who was only level 10 run a few missions - everything i got was like gear score 188-250. makes it tough to want to help him level faster when its just a waste of my time. i even leveled up and got a field cache and the cache was 250. sucks. 

@JPDunks4 @skillzdadirecta not sure i can hang with you yet, but any interest in running some CP tonight? i could use your shitty 425+ gear! 

Yes do not open a cache if your in a friends game that’s lower level.  Learned that the hard way.  

I dropped a bunch of 450 gear for Tomcat yesterday when he had just hit 30.  It’s pretty easy to level up a friend just by having them join your game for a bit.  

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yes do not open a cache if your in a friends game that’s lower level.  Learned that the hard way.  

I dropped a bunch of 450 gear for Tomcat yesterday when he had just hit 30.  It’s pretty easy to level up a friend just by having them join your game for a bit.  

I tried to have him join my game, but it didn't allow him. sent an invite and the "accept" button or whatever was greyed out. 

also - yall got any more of that 450 gear? 

spacer.png

I dint know what half the stuff you’re talking about is.  

How do you get the Exotic stuff?  Like I need 250 of something to craft the 2 Exotic Blueprints I have.  Is that what you’re referring to.  

I gavejt googled any info on the game so I feel like I maybe missing a lot. 

Also Lvl 4 Checkpoints are just dumb. 

when do exotics drop? and how many of them are there in the game? 

also - something i realized was that there are no more green drops in D2. i guess since most high-end gear are part of a set they did away with it. makes sense. 

i tried the daily hard mission, which happened to be a stronghold. I joined in at 398 and other dudes were 420-445. We got absolutely smoked. I wound up quitting bc it was just ridiculous. I did manage to get a few pieces that bumped me to like 402. 

I dont even really know what to do at this point to get above 425 to try Tidal Basin. I was thinking of replaying story missions on hard. Or maybe capture more control points. 

11 minutes ago, atom631 said:

also - something i realized was that there are no more green drops in D2. i guess since most high-end gear are part of a set they did away with it. makes sense. 

i tried the daily hard mission, which happened to be a stronghold. I joined in at 398 and other dudes were 420-445. We got absolutely smoked. I wound up quitting bc it was just ridiculous. I did manage to get a few pieces that bumped me to like 402. 

I dont even really know what to do at this point to get above 425 to try Tidal Basin. I was thinking of replaying story missions on hard. Or maybe capture more control points. 

Those are Brand Sets.  Gear Sets I think come with the April 5 update if you mean those Teal Green drops.

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

Those are Brand Sets.  Gear Sets I think come with the April 5 update if you mean those Teal Green drops.

dont they basically work the same though? in D1 the green pieces were the only ones with stacked affixes. same as the brand sets. 

how will the gear sets be any different? 

55 minutes ago, elbobo said:

that 2 piece set of restoring armor on a kill is an absolute necessity for me 

I'm level 28 with a lot of pre-endgame content left to go. I would hit 30 easily just by doing sidequests 

you can still do all that content in the endgame, it will scale with your level. 

i just focused on control points, projects and main missions. i think i did maybe 3-4 side missions from 1-30

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

You can get an exotic shotgun by farming named Outcast Elites or Bounties and you can get an exotic rifle from farming Hyena Elites or Bounties. Both the exotic smg and exotic pistol require you to obtain parts and blueprints from faction chests and missions. I have the exotic pistol and I'm halfway through getting all the stuff for the exotic smg. I haven't gotten the exotic shotgun or rifle yet, however.

so no random exotic drops? 

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

I just said you get two from random drops lol. They just come from specific kinds of enemies. A third one comes from opening faction chests and a fourth one comes from doing specific missions. 

I get it, but thats not entirely random. 

Random would be that it could come from anything or anyone. 

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

I'm at 451 now and haven't done a single daily mission or challenging mission. I do mostly checkpoints, supply drops and some DZ and most of my drops now are 450. The only time I get anything above 450 seems to be from The DZ or proficiency caches when you level up. There's so much content in the game now and so much to explore that I don't see myself redoing a lot of missions like in the first game. I'm finding there's a lot of ways to get loot.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm at 451 now and haven't done a single daily mission or challenging mission. I do mostly checkpoints, supply drops and some DZ and most of my drops now are 450. The only time I get anything above 450 seems to be from The DZ or proficiency caches when you level up. There's so much content in the game now and so much to explore that I don't see myself redoing a lot of missions like in the first game. I'm finding there's a lot of ways to get loot.

supply drops in the DZ? 

do you run solo in the DZ? I hated it on D1...but at the time I was playing it on PC and it was full of hackers. I know it wont be a problem on xbox, but if there is a ton of griefing Im not going in. 

1 hour ago, Man of Culture said:

Definitely do the projects that net you crafting blueprints. The blueprints from those projects and what you get from level 3 control points are much better than what you would find from vendors.

They still max out at GS 440 though right, even with the most upgaded Bench?  

Okay question. When I find say a better weapon or armor piece is it smart to equip it simply because it’s a higher level? Like if I have a holster that’s level 16 and pink but I find a level 17 that’s green should I always go with the higher level versus which one has better perks?

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You're digging it? 

It has consumed my life! :vortex: When I have a minute, I will do a brief write-up on it. Long story short though, its really my kind of game. Its cruel as Hell, and can cause you to want to rage quit but at other times its amazing! If Risen, Fable, and Dark Souls had a mean baby, this would be that game!