The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

Yeah, Lion went up 7 levels in an hour of play.

im going to have to help my buddy then. hes turned off bc he hasnt been able to play and i am now so far ahead of him. hes only level 8 and by the time we play together ill be 30+

19 hours ago, Man of Culture said:

You and I are having completely different experiences. Then again, I heard the console versions are suffering quite a bit. The actual draw distance is equivalent to 6 out of 100 on PC. I play at 60 (which is the ultra setting) and have zero issues with pop-in or enemies just magically appearing.

Edit: clothing was stingy in the first game as well. It wasn't until you got to the end game that the supply room opened up and you could actually buy skins and outfits with e-currency in-game. Once you got that, getting that stuff wasn't an issue.  I run into at least one clothing item an hour, sometimes I get one or more back to back.

Edit: yup, 53 hours played, 62 apparel items, 4 complete outfits, 3 Hunter Masks

In Div 1 I got clothing all the time well before end game. I got a lot from donating supplies to civilians walking around. Found many in lootable boxes or bags too. Even without the gender in Div1 I had far more clothing options found in the game. 

It's pretty fun just walking around D.C.  The devs' attention to detail is pretty impressive and it isn't just the big buildings and monuments.  I keep seeing apartments and townhouses that I know.  It feels pretty great, like I'm home for a visit.

25 minutes ago, Slug said:

It's pretty fun just walking around D.C.  The devs' attention to detail is pretty impressive and it isn't just the big buildings and monuments.  I keep seeing apartments and townhouses that I know.  It feels pretty great, like I'm home for a visit.

Can we get to Fed Ex field?

5 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I’ve been picking up different types of ammo (explosive, shock, etc) - it looks like its auto-equipped in this game? When I switch weapons i can see the ammo highlighted. What gives? 

I was wondering how to equip/use it. So it’s just automatic?

So I just finished the last stronghold and it was ridiculously easy and underwhelming. 

Spoiler

I was totally expecting something unique for the “final boss” and there wasn’t anything. Just the standard waves of enemies, which we melted. Not a single death on the team. 

Is there a way to swap talents on high-end pieces? I see in the recalibration statio. You can swap attributes between like set pieces, but not talents? 

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

That’s lame. In D1 you selected it and it was a noticeable difference when used. Wonder why they changed that. 

You could also select different grenade types in D1... you can't do that here for some reason. I didn't get incendiary grenades until I specialized in the end game. Those are two changes from the first game I don't like.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You could also select different grenade types in D1... you can't do that here for some reason. I didn't get incendiary grenades until I specialized in the end game. Those are two changes from the first game I don't like.

Fairly certain the changes were more for the Dark Zone and PvP, cause using the different ammo types gave huge advantages, and they are really trying to make it as even a playing field as they can in the PvP zones.

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Fairly certain the changes were more for the Dark Zone and PvP, cause using the different ammo types gave huge advantages, and they are really trying to make it as even a playing field as they can in the PvP zones.

But for pvp, they normalize gear...  they almost treat pvp as a separate game. No need to change that stuff for PVE. That Dark Zone we did today had normalized PVP.  There's another Dark Zone that doesn't.

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

But for pvp, they normalize gear...  they almost treat pvp as a separate game. No need to change that stuff for PVE. That Dark Zone we did today had normalized PVP.  There's another Dark Zone that doesn't.

Thats what i mean though.  If you can switch on special ammo at any time it then gives one player a substantial advantage over the guy not using it.  I mean I guess they could just shut it off completely though in PvP.   Not sure if there are any containers in the Dark Zone to pick up special ammo.

They first game had so many variables in it that it seems they wanted to semi simplify things this time around.  Hence why all attachments are now presets instead of each having their own rolls.  It just makes balancing things much easier for them I'd think.

On a side note, I hit Tier 4 earlier.  "End Game" if you call it that feels far easier to me than early game did.  I know my character is much more built up than he was with gear, but I dont find the gameplay mechanics of the Black Tusk any harder than the regular enemies, hell I may find them easier cause they don't seem to rush like the other factions do.  I've been a bit let down cause the whole Tier 1-4 adventure feels absolutely no different from a gameplay feel cause even though enemies are slightly stronger, my character is always the same strength in comparison.  They jumping up from Tier 1-4 was so quick as well, just do a few control points, collect the drops to upgrade your gear scroe, then run the missions get more gear, then run the Stronghold.  It was all pretty easy and super quick.  I spent like no time in each World Tier that they all feel like an after thought.  

Now that I'm Tier 4 I'm trying to get gear to get up near Max Gear Score then I can start focusing on actually making builds again.  Even with just throwing on a hodge podge of items with no chemistry or synergy to maximize a build, I still ran right through all the "End Game" so far.  I threw on purples, whatever gun combos, anything, whatever had the highest gear scores, and just easily did all the End Game.  So for as much hype as this games getting, I think its a bit overblown in that regards.  

I still an enjoying the game a lot and compared to most in the Genre it definitely does things way smarter, but now that I'm almost at Max Gear Score, I may be about done until April 5th.  I'm pretty sure as soon as Tier 5 unlocks, better gear will again start dropping with higher numbers so everything I waste my time collecting now will be discarded.  I'll prob spend most of my time in the Dark Zone leveling that up.  

That’s a fair point I haven’t played much on Tier 4 yet so haven’t got to try the “Challenging” difficultly stuff yet.  When you say you get the best gear is it just more Golds dropping or is it higher gear score/unique talents on the items.  Cause it seems I’m leveling up my gear fairly easy just retaking control points.

I’ve done some Lvl 2 control points and didn’t even think of it as any harder than normal yet.  I’ll try some Lvl 3, is that the highest?

7 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Level 4 is the highest. Level 3 is the best in terms of difficulty/rewards. The reason to do the harder stuff is that certain rewards and a whole bunch of good blueprints are locked behind them. Also, the gear you get will often times have better stat rolls and spreads than what you find doing normal activities.

Oh you can get more blueprints, that’s good reason to push the harder stuff.  I’ll try that today.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, Man of Culture said:

From my experience (about to hit world tier 2), these are the best overall (non-exotic or named) weapons to use in the game:

Assault Rifle

Police M4 Replica - Everything about this weapon is above average. Easily the best AR in the game (right now) and what is even better is that you can craft it!

ACR - It's an Assault Rifle that gives you all the great features of that class while outputting damage with accuracy that rivals the Rifle class. Remember, there is also a Rifle variant of this same weapon. Throw that one away, it's garbage. You want the Assault Rifle variant.

Runner Up - Use the CTAR21.

Rifle

SIG 716 CQB - Literally no reason to use any other rifle in this class aside from the Urban MDR. The SIG 716 CQB just about edges it out, however.

Runner Up - Use the Urban MDR

Marksman Rifle

M700 - Throw everything else away, scrap it for parts, sell it. Nothing compares to this Marksman Rifle. Pair this bad boy with a 3 piece Airaldi Brand Set and it becomes a one shot cannon before adding talents, making this an absolutely monstrous weapon once you spec for it.

Light Machine Gun

Military M249B or M60 - Seriously, don't use any other belt-fed LMG. 

Runner Up - Use the Military L85. It's probably the best magazine fed LMG right now.

Submachine Gun

Police UMP 45 - While it has a low fire rate, it has above average stats for the SMG class and is probably the best overall SMG if you want something that can be as effective as an Assault Rifle at range.

P90 - Pretty much as good as the Police UMP 45, but with a much higher rate of fire. Pair this up with the Berserk talent to absolutely chew through armor.

Runner Up - Use the Tommy Gun. If you get the M1928, throw that shit out. It's basically a bastardized Tommy Gun not worth anything.

Shotguns

Lullaby/Sweet Dreams - I know I said I wasn't going to add an exotic weapon to this list, let alone a pre-order one. But..... the pre-order exotic shotgun is actually pretty damn good, however it's usefulness dies out fairly quickly until you get to end game and find the requisite parts to craft a new one at your current level, which confusingly enough, is reaching at least World Tier 1 and obtaining a gear score of at least 250.

Runner Up - Use the ACS-12. You can put a ridiculous amount of ammo down range, so it'll quickly chew through enemy armor.

Pistols

Note: Do not sleep on pistols. They're really good in this game, especially if you plant to run a Shield build.

X-45 Tactical Replica - This pistol covers all the basics. Good damage, rate of fire and a healthy magazine size. It also has the fastest base reload speed of any pistol in the game.

D50 - The only reason I placed the Deagle above the Police 686 Magnum is the potential to have a 9 round magazine using the reload trick (reload when you have ammo in the chamber to give yourself an extra bullet). The Police 686 Magnum does similar damage to the D50 and has a faster reload speed, but having more ammo in a magazine trumps reload speed if the reload speeds are similar.

Runner Up - Police 686 Magnum - If you cannot find a D50 to save your life, do not sleep on this weapon. A literal hand cannon.

BTW, use whatever you want. If you want to run a meme build with the WW2 outfit, the M1928 and M1A, by all means do so. These are just my opinions as to what constitute the strongest overall weapons in the game from a stat perspective. You combine these weapons with particular skills and talents and they just become absolutely disgusting.

no mk17 on that list means its flawed

On 3/26/2019 at 6:40 AM, atom631 said:

Hit level 22 last night. my format is working well for leveling. 3 control points, complete 1 or 2 projects or random events and that gains me a full level. do a main mission being underleveled by 1 and upon completion gains me another level. Basically takes about 1hr to gain one level. So hopefully by Friday/Saturday I will hit 30. Ive had 2 yellow drops so far since hitting 20, which feels nice..but one was an LMG and I am not feeling them in this game. Terrible recoil, small mag size and low DPS compared to ARs and Rifles. LMGs need a buff.  There definitely  is no shortage of loot in this game...and the fact that they made armor sets a thing from basically level 1 is awesome. that is usually something reserved for end game. 

Im enjoying trying to run 2 armor sets, but its tough to do that while keeping all my perks active on my guns. Ive been running a rifle and assault rifle combo. I put a 4x scope on my rifle to take out ranged enemies and I use an extended mag on my AR for mid to CQ. seems to work well. Also - ive been trying to stack a bunch of skill power perks and mods bc the turret is an absolute fucking beast in D2 (compared to D1). i can basically sit back and watch it melt an entire room of mobs. it even does massive damage to yellow bars enough that i just need to hit a few shots to clean up. 

Have you played division 1? LMG's have gotten a buff and they are damn good in Div 2 what model were you using?  m249 and m60's are the best ev  en though they were weak in div 1 i primaryly ran with LMG's in div 1 Big alehandro was the best

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

So I’m trying to recalibrate a pair of gloves. I have an exact pair just lower skill level and I want to re-roll the talent from the lower pair of gloves to the higher and it won’t let me. Talent recalibration is greyed our? 

Is it named? I'm not 100%, but you might not be able to recalibrate named high ends. I had that happen this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Man_of_X said:

Is it named? I'm not 100%, but you might not be able to recalibrate named high ends. I had that happen this afternoon. 

It was a set piece. I thought all high-end gear is named?

also - I guess as I progress through world tier 1, every time I complete a stronghold the next stronghold gear requirements go up? Looks like tidal basin is 375 but I still have to do the capital stronghold. But isnt max gear like 465 or something? How is I have to go through this 2 more times before wt4 when there isn’t that much of a spread?

2 hours ago, atom631 said:

It was a set piece. I thought all high-end gear is named?

also - I guess as I progress through world tier 1, every time I complete a stronghold the next stronghold gear requirements go up? Looks like tidal basin is 375 but I still have to do the capital stronghold. But isnt max gear like 465 or something? How is I have to go through this 2 more times before wt4 when there isn’t that much of a spread?

I don't mean brand names. Like a boss's gear piece. It would have their name on it. That's what happened with me anyway. 

24 minutes ago, atom631 said:

So i just looked at I’m in world tier 3 already? 

How the hell did that happen? I haven’t completed all the strongholds yet? I thought you have to run through them and then it resets and you advanced to the next tier? 

Like I said, the "End Game" is pretty damn quick and mindless.  I spent all of like 30 minutes in each Tier not doing missions before advancing.  I have mainly been doing Dark Zone now that I hit Tier 4 to try to get as high a rank as I can.

Yeah I have to say, the “endgame” grind isn’t really that great. At this point I’m just throwing on any gear I get to get higher level so I can try the strongholds. There’s no strategy to this bc you’re swapping gear so fast it’s not even worth it to try to build an efficient set. I think it’s a mistake to gatelock the strongholds based on gear score. By the time I get there, they are a breeze. Leveling up to 30 so far has been more challenging and rewarding that getting for wt1 to wt3 in a matter of like 2 hours. 

And today I cleared like 3-4 control points and went from 345 to 376. I’m ready to try the next stronghold but I’m just waitng for a better LMG and AR drop. I’ll probablu be 380+ by then. 

36 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Yeah it's basically just farming for blue prints and god tier rolls for tier 4 weapons/armor to get ready for the raid. That being said, what we have is a helluva lot better than the pay and level gated nonsense we get from other games.

I dont disagree.  They put so much content into the game, its almost over bearing.  Lots of way to attain end game loot.  I really hope they nail the Raid, and requiring 8 players is a gameplay requirement due to puzzles and other aspects rather than just being like, ahh we beat Destiny's 6 player raids.