The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Tried it out for a bit and have to say it doesn't feel all that different from the first one. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but not a day 1 purchase by any stretch. 

If you didn't play and enjoy the first division, I don't know that this changes your mind.  There are quite a few changes, but at first glance or play, it's going to feel like the Division.  No doubt about it.

29 minutes ago, Man_of_X said:

If you didn't play and enjoy the first division, I don't know that this changes your mind.  There are quite a few changes, but at first glance or play, it's going to feel like the Division.  No doubt about it.

I only recently started playing the first game. Nothing particularly with it, but nothing mind blowing either. The world feels so damn empty. I was also hoping for a more focused story, ala the older Rainbow Six or GRAW games.  

28 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It only felt different to me when it came to weapon mods and earning new abilities. 

Oh and and the game kept yelling at me that an Agent was in need of assistance. That was new and annoying. Though I bet you can turn that off. 

Yelling an agent needs assistance is annoying but not as bad as  in the safe house areas or whatever they are called, HEY AGENT OVER HERE... AGENT OVER HERE. HEY AGENT... HEY STFU AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!! :p 

6 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It only felt different to me when it came to weapon mods and earning new abilities. 

Oh and and the game kept yelling at me that an Agent was in need of assistance. That was new and annoying. Though I bet you can turn that off. 

You can shut it off.  Open the map and at the bottom left of the screen I think it tells you what to press.

So in the private beta I just ran to the Theater and then to the first mission. This time I decided to meander quite a bit. Found lots of cases, weapons, armor, and other random stuff. It feels like there are more places off the streets you can go in division 2 compared to division. 

I think they they said the world is supposed to be more dynamic. I did not have a chance to see this yet. I hope it is true and you do not run into the same enemy patrols in the exact same locations all the time, like Division 1. I would like a bit more randomness and surprise to make exploration and travel in division 2 feel less formulaic. 

I wonder if they are just going to leave it as “video game” for why months after even Division 1 we’re an agent with almost no equipment/skills. Again, was our character in a Walking Dead style coma and just got the alert? It won’t stop me from buying the game. But it will be nagging at me in the back of my mind. 

Also, spoiler for the first mission:

How does that lady, battle hardened, in charge of a safe haven, let her daughter get kidnaped by street gang? Did she let her young daughter wander around the dangerous streets? Is the security so bad there they were infiltrated and her daughter smuggled out of the Theater? How the fuck did that happen? She’s either a bad leader, a bad parent, or both. 

16 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if they are just going to leave it as “video game” for why months after even Division 1 we’re an agent with almost no equipment/skills. Again, was our character in a Walking Dead style coma and just got the alert? It won’t stop me from buying the game. But it will be nagging at me in the back of my mind. 

Reveal hidden contents

Answer

Spoiler

Who cares

Also

Spoiler

Because videogames

Lastly

Spoiler

:troll:

3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I think there's generally a clear distinction between the abstraction of video game combat and video game story. The combat not making sense in the real world doesn't give the story a free pass to be garbage.

Shut up Bob. lol 

I’m not playing the Division for the story. 

9 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Hide contents

How does that lady, battle hardened, in charge of a safe haven, let her daughter get kidnaped by street gang? Did she let her young daughter wander around the dangerous streets? Is the security so bad there they were infiltrated and her daughter smuggled out of the Theater? How the fuck did that happen? She’s either a bad leader, a bad parent, or both. 

She's most likely the only one with any real training at the theater, and while just a street gang the do have the numbers and most likely overwhelmed the guards grabbed her and left 

14 minutes ago, Hyena said:

She's most likely the only one with any real training at the theater, and while just a street gang the do have the numbers and most likely overwhelmed the guards grabbed her and left 

My next point would be if they had that kind of man power why not just kill everyone in the Theater during the raid? 

9 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

By the time I eventually pick this up hopefully most of the glitches will be fixed. Anyone else dealing with constant audio glitches? At times there is no sound from my gun when I am shooting and at other times the sound of my gun firing won't stop. Also the randomly appearing enemies is quite vexing. 

Not having those issues. Xbox One X Master Race

Oof, I should have played Division 1 before trying out this beta, then I might know what I'm doing and what's going on.

10 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

By the time I eventually pick this up hopefully most of the glitches will be fixed. Anyone else dealing with constant audio glitches? At times there is no sound from my gun when I am shooting and at other times the sound of my gun firing won't stop. Also the randomly appearing enemies is quite vexing. 

No gun glitches. Though people speaking can sound randomly distant or right next to you.

I'm on the fence still @Biggie. I'll either ignore entirely when it drops or I'll impulse buy it on release day and regret it. Depends on reviews.

Playing the beta was fun, but snowy post-disaster new york really was 75% of the reason I liked div 1, and I'm still not feeling jungle DC. 

13 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

I'm on the fence still @Biggie. I'll either ignore entirely when it drops or I'll impulse buy it on release day and regret it. Depends on reviews.

Playing the beta was fun, but snowy post-disaster new york really was 75% of the reason I liked div 1, and I'm still not feeling jungle DC. 

Jungle DC is kind of neat. Though I hope the engine evaporated some of this standing water when it hasn’t rained for a while. 

19 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

My next point would be if they had that kind of man power why not just kill everyone in the Theater during the raid? 

Well if they were taking casualties being made up of street punks I'm sure they decided to get out of dodge. 

1 minute ago, Hyena said:

Well if they were taking casualties being made up of street punks I'm sure they decided to get out of dodge. 

I don’t buy it. These are the same geniuses that fight to the last man after I murdered their 20+ buddies.  :p

I just remembered something hilarious about Division’s launch. Remember there was the NPC at the beginning of the game everyone needed to talk to, but weirdly only one person at a time could talk to this NPC. So there were players in game queued up in a line waiting to talk to this NPC. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I don’t buy it. These are the same geniuses that fight to the last man after I murdered their 20+ buddies.  :p

I just remembered something hilarious about Division’s launch. Remember there was the NPC at the beginning of the game everyone needed to talk to, but weirdly only one person at a time could talk to this NPC. So there were players in game queued up in a line waiting to talk to this NPC. :lol:

Oh man I remember that lol. Good times. Also people who would stand in a doorway and do jumping jacks to block you. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:26 AM, Biggie said:

Played more of the open beta. Really started to click. I’ll be pre-ordering this soon. 

So is the standard version the way to go?

Any of the old crew getting D2?

@mo1518 @bladimir2k @eggydoo @StephenO1683 @Slug @Emblazon @Triage

I am currently playing the beta on PC. I'll probably end up getting this for whichever platform the most friends getting it are on. 

• Like 1

I running this game and Anthem in parallel to hopefully avoid content drought with either. I have a friend I game that lives a distance away so these types of games are a godsend for just letting us shoot the shit while we roll through some half thought out worlds! :sun: