The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

7 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Tried the beta for a couple hours. It's competently made, but it didn't grab me. Anthem's gameplay is much more fun overall.

This is how I feel. Division 1 was fun for a while for me. D2 just feels very much like more of the same. Just not excited for it, but I will play it anyway. 

Right now Im still very much enjoying Anthem. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Division 1, will be getting this Day 1, but not all that excited for it.  As said, Anthems gameplay is just way more fun overall for me.  The traversal and movement just keeps me engaged, and the world is just interesting to fly around.  

Division 2 will be a good fun game, but its slow, i feel like my feet are glued to the ground, no jumping, can barely climb things, just feels cumbersome.  Either way though, I know ill have some good times with this, and as Mr Vic said, it'll be good to be able to jump from game to game so not to get too burnt out on either.

8 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I really enjoyed Division 1, will be getting this Day 1, but not all that excited for it.  As said, Anthems gameplay is just way more fun overall for me.  The traversal and movement just keeps me engaged, and the world is just interesting to fly around.  

Division 2 will be a good fun game, but its slow, i feel like my feet are glued to the ground, no jumping, can barely climb things, just feels cumbersome.  Either way though, I know ill have some good times with this, and as Mr Vic said, it'll be good to be able to jump from game to game so not to get too burnt out on either.

This is pretty much how I feel about The Division 2.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:26 AM, Biggie said:

Played more of the open beta. Really started to click. I’ll be pre-ordering this soon. 

So is the standard version the way to go?

Any of the old crew getting D2?

@mo1518 @bladimir2k @eggydoo @StephenO1683 @Slug @Emblazon @Triage

I will probably get it but not right away. Also not sure if I'm going PS4 or PC yet..

8 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Yes, only Gold and Ultimate edition preorders get 3 day early access.

Hmmmm... I gotta see what my work schedule is like next week. If I'm open, I may just get the gold edition to start playing early. What's funny is that if it wasn't for this new Friday release date craze, the game probably WOULD have been coming out on Tuesday the 12th anyway so gold and ultimate edition buyers will be getting the game on its actual release day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just saw on Xbox.com that it unlocks tonight at 9pm on the West Coast :mdancing:

I forget the game, but remember seeing East Coast people bitching that west coast people were getting to play the game before them, because of it being 12am EST and 9pm PST. As if time zones are the same as time travel. lol 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Here are some things I learned about Division 2 yesterday (I started early, thanks Tunnel Bear) that might be useful for players who didn't partake in the closed or open beta for this game:

Enemy Priority - The enemy AI seems to be programmed to hunt and flank aggressive players. The more aggressive you are, the more likely you are to be targeted. While this can be a boon in a cooperative setting as it allows your team the ability to flank mostly unchallenged, it can be nightmarish for a solo player, especially on later missions. As such, you should target enemies in the following order: Technicians/Engineers > Medics > Snipers > Heavies > Red Bars

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Technician/Engineer type enemies are probably your biggest threats in this game, especially if you're a solo player. They have access to functionally equivalent gadgets, typically have some amount of armor and can often damage you from the safety of cover from all the way across a battlefield. 

Enemy Weakness - For the most part, enemies have the same weaknesses as you've seen in Division 1. Gas Tanks, Red Satchels, etc. are all targets that will allow you to take out enemies in short order. Heavy Machine Gunners have had their weak spot changed, however. In Division 1, you could shoot their backpacks to make them spray bullets, but that is no longer the case (afaik) in Division 2. Their weak spot has changed to the ammo belt feeding their weapon. If you shoot their ammo belt enough, it will break, forcing the heavy machine gunner to reload, use this opportunity to deal heavy damage to them.

Armor - Heavy enemies now have layers of armor that can be broken off their body with enough damage applied to it. If you're in a group setting, single out heavies and focus fire on a single body part (preferably head or chest) to quickly destroy that enemy's armor so that you can put them down quickly. As far as the player character is concerned, you no longer heal health damage (that will heal automatically over time provided you're not taking damage), but armor damage. It is imperative that you actually play this like a cover shooter for the opening sections of the game as you will have your armor torn up very quickly, leaving you exposed and in danger of quickly becoming incapacitated. You can no longer instantly repair damage (outside of specific, situational talents) and replacing your armor plates takes long enough that an aggressive ai can come and finish you off.

Progression - I'll keep this simple. If you want to get to level 30 quickly and with minimal grinding, you're going to want to complete content in this order:

Main Missions > Open World Events > Side Missions

Main Missions will always give you the same amount of experience, one time, no matter what difficulty you play them on. There is no point in replaying them aside from an increased chance of high end loot for replaying them at higher difficulty levels. Open World Events don't really offer that much XP, so make what you gain from accolades and killing the scads of npcs you'll face during these events. Use the open world events to level up between main missions if you're either close to your next level or you're a little too low for the next Main Mission. Save your Side Missions for last. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Side Missions will always fill up 33% of your experience bar and as such, offer the greatest experience to effort rewards in the game. If you do nothing but side missions early on, you're going to exhaust this valuable resource way too quickly, making the road to tier 1 become a tiresome slog. Please note that while you might gain immense experience from Side Missions, do not do one if you're close to leveling up, the increased experience does not carry over to the next level. Do an Open World Event and work on your Accolades instead.

Gonna have to disagree with the bolded part buddy... On the very first mission to rescue the woman's daughter, I found a locked box in a side room that required a "hyena key" an item I didn't have yet. I said to myself immediately, I have to remember to come back here once I get a key. I think the devs put stuff like that in there because they KNOW gamers will be replaying these missions and putting stuff like that in the levels increases the incentive to replay them. The tips on the order to take the missions is much appreciated though. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Damn. :lol: Ubi thanks you. 

They can thank my kids.  

Copy 1 will be my PS4 copy.

Copy 2 will be a PC copy for my youngest.

Copy 3 will be a PS4 copy for my eldest who is away at college with his own PS4.

I'm a sucker. :|

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

You don't PS4 share with your son?

Well my oldest has his own PS4 at college.  My youngest is more than welcome to use my PS4, but he got a gaming PC for Christmas and has been all about using it.  Normally I'd say, "Tough shit you can play this one on PS4", but he's gotten amazing grades lately so I figured I'd get it for him on his PC as a reward.

4 minutes ago, Slug said:

Well my oldest has his own PS4 at college.  My youngest is more than welcome to use my PS4, but he got a gaming PC for Christmas and has been all about using it.  Normally I'd say, "Tough shit you can play this one on PS4", but he's gotten amazing grades lately so I figured I'd get it for him on his PC as a reward.

Even if he has his own PS4, you can log into his PS4, activate it as your primary PS4. Every game that you own he can now play in his own account. Only downside to this is that your PS4 is not the primary one so if you lose internet connection you wont be able to play single player games, but that rarely happens at least in my experience doing "PS4 gamesharing." Beats having to buy 2 games tbh.

2 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

Even if he has his own PS4, you can log into his PS4, activate it as your primary PS4. Every game that you own he can now play in his own account. Only downside to this is that your PS4 is not the primary one so if you lose internet connection you wont be able to play single player games, but that rarely happens at least in my experience doing "PS4 gamesharing." Beats having to buy 2 games tbh.

That sounds like more than $60 worth of hassle.