The Division 2 OT - Agent HQ, update: Warlords of New York - Animated Short, Launch, and Gameplay trailers

Pikachu

10 hours ago, Anzo said:

I felt the complete opposite tbh. Non stop action, interesting new enemy types (all the robo stuff), a drone that heals me. I quite enjoyed it. 

It was good seeing new enemy types, but there was nothing different about the way you needed to kill them. Just another bullet sponge. 

Saw a guy on twitch who was ridiculously strategic with taking the armor and weapons down on enemies.  A thing of beauty.

started playing the division within the last month.  Ha, late to the party even though I was the first to recommend it amongst friends.

i have enjoyed the beta quite a bit.

Anyone try the 4v4 PVP? No idea wtf was going on in there, but I was getting insta killed. The few times I was able to actually shoot at someone, i did basically no damage. I couldn’t even knock their armor down 1/2way. They would turn around and instantly kill me. 

5 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Anyone try the 4v4 PVP? No idea wtf was going on in there, but I was getting insta killed. The few times I was able to actually shoot at someone, i did basically no damage. I couldn’t even knock their armor down 1/2way. They would turn around and instantly kill me. 

If it is like Division 1 level advantage is enabled, and if they have high end gear and you don’t you won’t do anything but die. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If it is like Division 1 level advantage is enabled, and if they have high end gear and you don’t you won’t do anything but die. 

I think you are right, Spawn, but I thought they were going to work on more balancing for that.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

I think you are right, Spawn, but I thought they were going to work on more balancing for that.

It said all levels were normalized...but some of these dudes were running around with blues and purples. 

So far, I haven’t gotten anything above geeen. 

seems like the place to post this. I just started messing with the original division today and got through the intro part with no problem, but now that I am in first real section I am getting my ass handed to me. It says the enemy level is like 2 or 3 and I am getting hosed. Any tips on how to level up easily/get cash for better gear?

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

seems like the place to post this. I just started messing with the original division today and got through the intro part with no problem, but now that I am in first real section I am getting my ass handed to me. It says the enemy level is like 2 or 3 and I am getting hosed. Any tips on how to level up easily/get cash for better gear?

If you use cover, the regular dudes shouldn't be too bad. It's the bosses that are a bit of a handful when you're low level. 

And....

Played all the beta has to offer with the exception of the PVP, which I don't care too much about. Loved it all so far and it was surprisingly bug free for the most part. 

The cool shit is that you can mod all of your gear this go around, which is awesome. Tonnes of build potential here and I love it! 

I played a bit of the early game. Got through the mission where you face your first boss fight. 

I miss the healing lunch box. Maybe the drone will grow on me more. 

It feels very much like Division. I was hoping enemy behaviors may have evolved a bit. Maybe they have for later factions. The first faction is a carbon copy of the ones in D1. 

After playing Division 2 beta I can safely say I would enjoy playing through the game with at least one other friend. And almost even more so than before, I am looking forward to Anthem. 

I actually tried div1 again but on legendary. that was a bit ridiculous and not expected. i started to read about how much you need to worry about specific gear + rerolls etc and got turned off by the idea. I think I get less hyped about the game when I realize I need to waste time grinding for gear - yes I realize this is a loot game but even after playing many hours of div1 I rarely ever cared beyond something giving me some boost in gear score.

I am mixed on it so far.  I like some of the chnages, world does feel more alive with more random stuff to do.  But at the same time, it feels a bit boring to be doing all of it.  Gameplay just isnt interesting enough maybe, I hope the full release changes that a bit. 

I did notice u can add mods to ur Skills as well,  which is cool.  

Still do look forward to playing the full release.

21 hours ago, atom631 said:

It said all levels were normalized...but some of these dudes were running around with blues and purples. 

So far, I haven’t gotten anything above geeen. 

Did you change your character when you finished the demo to the Specialized Classes, they have Purples and Yellows. Not sure if you can use them in the 4x4? 

If not, have u run the dark zone, maybe they drop in there?

Im very mixed on this game.  I put a lot of time into the first, and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I'm not all that excited for this one.  

I did the end game stuff finally, and it really wasn't anything new or that interesting.  Just spammed drones coming at me every 2 seconds.  

I think they did do a good job with a lot of what they did, but if the core gameplay feels a bit old and tired already, will all the extra stuff really matter.

I really enjoyed the beta, it reminded me of how great it was playing the division in the very beginning - the atmosphere, the great gunfights, fun progression in skills and leveling up your base - but I think I'm going to wait on some impressions of the end game before I think about buying it. The first one was great until it very much wasn't. I admire how they managed to right the ship and the effort they put into it, but I still want to see which direction this one is going - buggy dark zone troll fest or diablo-esque looter shooter. 

Also DC looked great, but snowy post-apocalyptic new york was like half the reason I was drawn to Div 1.

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

I really enjoyed the beta, it reminded me of how great it was playing the division in the very beginning - the atmosphere, the great gunfights, fun progression in skills and leveling up your base - but I think I'm going to wait on some impressions of the end game before I think about buying it. The first one was great until it very much wasn't. I admire how they managed to right the ship and the effort they put into it, but I still want to see which direction this one is going - buggy dark zone troll fest or diablo-esque looter shooter. 

Also DC looked great, but snowy post-apocalyptic new york was like half the reason I was drawn to Div 1.

I’m waiting too. Then we will go rogue on them bitches. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mo1518 said:

I may be waiting. That all depends on how fast Anthem dries up. 

I too too was really drawn to snowy New York, but I am interested in traveling around DC like a tourist and see the sites. See how well they truely captured DC. 

13 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Im very mixed on this game.  I put a lot of time into the first, and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I'm not all that excited for this one.  

I did the end game stuff finally, and it really wasn't anything new or that interesting.  Just spammed drones coming at me every 2 seconds.  

I think they did do a good job with a lot of what they did, but if the core gameplay feels a bit old and tired already, will all the extra stuff really matter.

3 hours ago, mo1518 said:

This is where Im at as well. Loved D1. D2 feels promising, but I was bored playing the demo...it was more of the same. I didnt even play it on the last day and opted to play something else..whereas with Anthem, I was playing right until they shut down the servers. 

Ill still get it bc it looks beautiful and Im intrigued enough to play the full version, but Im just not excited for it. 

19 minutes ago, atom631 said:

This is where Im at as well. Loved D1. D2 feels promising, but I was bored playing the demo...it was more of the same. I didnt even play it on the last day and opted to play something else..whereas with Anthem, I was playing right until they shut down the servers. 

Ill still get it bc it looks beautiful and Im intrigued enough to play the full version, but Im just not excited for it. 

You on Xbox too right, not too sure how many of my friends are into Anthem and Division so ill have to add some people here probably.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:40 PM, EternallDarkness said:

On 2/10/2019 at 2:23 AM, Man_of_X said:

If you use cover, the regular dudes shouldn't be too bad. It's the bosses that are a bit of a handful when you're low level. 

ED, what Man of X said.  Or get some friends to help you out.

I just started playing with a group that has played many times over, so it was easier.  However, went through the Beta initially by myself.  Yeah, patience...which may equal duck and cover!

Still, you will be able to chip away at them and rank up.

I would join in with you, my friend, but give my schedule my attendance online is...spotty!

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, 5timechamp said:

I always felt the default content was game enough..

that being said their 2 season Passes have not been as good with content or with readjusting the game as the original division

Season 1

-Narco road- cheesy campaign

-Fallen Ghost- the best content, new difficult enemies, tactical

Season 2

- mostly a themed mission every 3 months

(20 mins gameplay tops)

-the rest is just cosmetics, first they were overpriced, then they were also put in random crates

-then they added 96 new items, 80 of which were voices and cheesy poses.

Compared to the modes and remixing of the Division its no contest..

Wildlands just needs to update its QRF system and add random enemy patrols outside the bades and it would reinvigorate ghe game

Makes sense. I did not pick up the season passes because there was already so much content in the game. 

I like the idea you posted at the end. I would definitely go back to Wildlands time to time for just some fun romping around. 

More than anything, the beta reminded me that I actually enjoyed the Division 1 when there was something to work towards besides a better gear score. The end game was a bullet sponge grind fest, and it quickly became a rinse and repeat pain in the ass. I'm trying to approach these games not as the publisher wants but as a mostly SP gamer, that says, "am I getting 30-40  hours of content from this game?" I think I will, and that's good enough for me.